House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crashman Begins

If You Had A Big Oil Well In Your Garden What Would You

:lol:

Used to love that show.

You used to love the chick. Not the hillbilly brother I hope.

I always imagined they would have a real shotgun wedding with jeth or whatever he was called pointing both barrels at you. They stopped the series just short of that episode.

Guest sillybear2

I would use the petro-dollars to build the world's largest airport in an attempt to diversify away from dependency on oil revenues, the obvious answer to a future world of expensive fuel that is in short supply, where everyone will want to fly to an arid desert :lol:

Oh, I'd also build a giant ski slope in the sand.

If You Han A Massive Oil Well In Your Garden what would you exchange for the oil over the years ?

Houses ? Fancy cars ?

Lets hear your ideas :)

Crack cocaine and hookers.

Guest sillybear2

Do you actually own the rights to the oil if it's found on your land ?

Not in the UK, all mineral rights belong to the crown. Though if they want to drill on 'your' land you can negotiate a nice fee for them to plonk their equipment on the surface, but that bares no relation to the real value of the reserve, such royalties go to the government.

I believe that in the UK you only own the rights to the first 6 feet down. Anything lower is government/crown property.

Guest Noodle

I'd let it flow unimpeded for three months collecting the oil in buckets whilst I got some blokes in a yard welding up a bit of old plate in the form of a milk bottle to try and funnel it into a tank.

Guest sillybear2

I'd let it flow unimpeded for three months collecting the oil in buckets whilst I got some blokes in a yard welding up a bit of old plate in the form of a milk bottle to try and funnel it into a tank.

Ok, but let me know when you finally fix it and I'll then take all the credit, also let me know when you've cleaned up all the mess and I'll come visit and take credit for that too.

Dig a big pond and let it partially evaporate in it.

Shove loads of big fierce animals into the pond for the benefit of posterity.

Guest sillybear2

Dig a big pond and let it partially evaporate in it.

Shove loads of big fierce animals into the pond for the benefit of posterity.

I'll come visit in my personal 747, helicopter and motorcade and then kick your a$$es for producing products you force us to become addicted to.

Guest Noodle

I'll come visit in my personal 747, helicopter and motorcade and then kick your a$$es for producing products you force us to become addicted to.

According to my yanks, he's long gone come the next election.

Guest sillybear2

According to my yanks, he's long gone come the next election.

I've just witnessed a car crash into a plant pot, so in the best interests of all concerned I'm banning the production of cars and plant pots until November.

Guest Noodle

I've just witnessed a car crash into a plant pot, so in the best interests of all concerned I'm banning the production of cars and plant pots until November.

It's potty. Believe me the population of that country isn't that stupid, contrary to popular belief.

Guest Steve Cook

If You Han A Massive Oil Well In Your Garden what would you exchange for the oil over the years ?

Houses ? Fancy cars ?

Lets hear your ideas :)

land with it's own water

Guest Noodle

land with it's own water

I'd buy next doors land and a drilling rig.