House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AvidFan

Bp: We Are Going To Die

120 million barrels a day

Such a trifling amount. Billions now seems tame, & even the little UK talks in trillions.

Besides, oil is natural stuff, whereas the paper, bacofoil, coloured inks & pretty pictures of fiat has the sticky fingers of man's worst traits all over it.

who ARE these dicks?

oh, yeah, they work for oil recovery and repair services.....protecting their share prices on tout TV.

One would have put a 40in diameter pipe down to suck up all the plume....I guess by about 100 ft up the plume would be 100 ft wide.

these guys are the best of the best.

Yeah yeah yeah.

There is so much rubbish coming out on this now. I hear a number of Hedge funds might be about to go bust having heavily shorted BP, and are desperately trying to spread bad news.

I think Mega / Mike works for one.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=146953&view=findpost&p=2617318

Mods, I want my money back and 30 seconds of my life returned. This topic is just a link to Tout TV :lol:

Who on earth takes anything on CNBC seriously? You might as well watch Bid TV for your "information"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-17/pound-declines-against-euro-for-third-week-as-u-k-economic-growth-slows.htm

BP Can't Rule Out Hidden Leaks in Pressure Test of Gulf Well, Allen Says
By Katarzyna "Karzi" Klimasinska and Jim Polson - Jul 16, 2010
BP Plc said seismic tests of its sealed Macondo well in the Gulf of Mexico show no evidence of hidden leaks and pressure readings may show a reduction of the amount of oil in the reservoir.
BP’s temperature measurements from the well also don’t indicate damage, Kent Wells, BP’s senior vice president for exploration and production, said on a conference call today.

Time to selly selly shares?

I think Mega / Mike works for one.

http://www.housepric...dpost&p=2617318

Either than or his spread betting account is flashing red.

Seriously, if people look at the numbers they will realise that BP is hardly going to suffer in the medium term as a result of this whole leak. 2 Cents on a gallon will cover all the costs in just 12 month from US consumers alone.

So far $200m paid out in claims and the clean up has cost about $2bn, no where near the $20bn in the escrow account. To boot BP is suing its partners and almost certainly has a good case.

Right now there are at least a couple of dozen hedge funds nursing large losses having taken short positions at close to $30 and £3.30 and probably a few thousand spread betters in dire straights.

I think people have got so used to the style of collapse exhibited by the banks, that they just thought this one would run and run in the same sort of way until BP became worthless. The big difference between a big oil company and a Bank, is that when Banks start to collapse there is a very rapid feedback mechanism, loss of confidence ensues, depositors withdraw cash and other banks refuse to lend. In the case of BP it is nothing like this, firstly it actually produces products and secondly the consumer is somewhat addicted to these products, so you can't get this bank run type effect.

As far as I can tell, those who shorted BP at £3.30 or below were basically betting that the clean up was going to cost way in excess of $20bn and that Obama was going to essentially cut them out of the US. Frankly none of this will happen.

Such a trifling amount. Billions now seems tame, & even the little UK talks in trillions.

Besides, oil is natural stuff, whereas the paper, bacofoil, coloured inks & pretty pictures of fiat has the sticky fingers of man's worst traits all over it.

They said 120 thousand anyway not 120 million. But, I suppose this is hpc.co.uk :rolleyes:

Guest theboltonfury

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-17/pound-declines-against-euro-for-third-week-as-u-k-economic-growth-slows.htm

BP Plc said seismic tests of its sealed Macondo well in the Gulf of Mexico show no evidence of hidden leaks and pressure readings may show a reduction of the amount of oil in the reservoir.
BP’s temperature measurements from the well also don’t indicate damage, Kent Wells, BP’s senior vice president for exploration and production, said on a conference call today.

Any sentence that starts 'BP says' can be instantly discounted. I think they've shown us recently just exactly how much they do know.

Any sentence that starts 'BP says' can be instantly discounted.

Indeed. Not sure why anyone would listen to them.

They said 120 thousand anyway not 120 million. But, I suppose this is hpc.co.uk :rolleyes:

Cheek! - I was quoting Avid Fan's subtitle. You would rather I quoted CNBC?

Any sentence that starts 'BP says' can be instantly discounted

Reminds me of the days when Radio4 news (far too) often started with "Gordon Brown".

Though the mention of BP doesn't produce the rage in my OH that GB's name used to.

http://www.bloomberg...rowth-slows.htm

BP's temperature measurements from the well also don't indicate damage, Kent Wells, BP's senior vice president for exploration and production, said on a conference call today.

Probably time to buy (again) but if you going to buy/sell shares on every press releases then may the good Lord go with you!

:o

Why are you posting videos from two months ago? There is currently no oil leaking into the Gulf Of Mexico, I know that's hard for some people to accept but that's the case.

Guest theboltonfury

Why are you posting videos from two months ago? There is currently no oil leaking into the Gulf Of Mexico, I know that's hard for some people to accept but that's the case.

Some folks just don't like it unless they have an armageddon to focus on.

There is currently no oil leaking into the Gulf Of Mexico

How do you know that? And please don't use information from BP or the US Government (or any associated agency) in your answer.

How do you know that? And please don't use information from BP or the US Government (or any associated agency) in your answer.

How do you know there is? And please don't use any second-hand semi-serious Wikipedisque no sources given quote from some guy on some Website in your answer. Or Matt Simmons.

While we're at it how do you know man landed on the moon? Please don't use any US Govt. sources at all, so that would include all the footage.

Not only no leak, but pressure contained as expected. BP now has the option to either leave the well with the temporary seal until the relief wells are finished or to siphon off the oil.

The clean up is still progressing, but nature is pretty good at that sort thing too.

Mike had better close his short, BP will be £4.50 by Wednesday, even if the FTSE follows the DOW on Friday.

How do you know there is? And please don't use any second-hand semi-serious Wikipedisque no sources given quote from some guy on some Website in your answer. Or Matt Simmons.

While we're at it how do you know man landed on the moon? Please don't use any US Govt. sources at all, so that would include all the footage.

Nobody really knows. But I certainly wouldn't believe anything BP or the US government says.

Nobody really knows. But I certainly wouldn't believe anything BP or the US government says.

Everyone else can contiune to believe/troll crapckpot conspiracy theories if they like & I'll continue to hold BP.

Potential Second Spill Found Near BP Blown Out Oil Well

NEW ORLEANS — A federal official says scientists are concerned about a seep and possible methane near BP's busted oil well in the Gulf of Mexico

Both could be signs there are leaks in the well that's been capped off for three days.

The official spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Sunday because an announcement about the next steps had not been made yet.

The official is familiar with the spill oversight but would not clarify what is seeping near the well. The official says BP is not complying with the government's demand for more monitoring.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/potential-second-spill-found-near-bp-blown-out-oil-well