House Price Crash Forum

Austerity Drive Will Hand Billions To Private Sector

HOLA441
Guest tbatst2000

And Capitalists always run out with other peoples money but that scam seems to have no end.

Is that really the best you can come up with?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

OK, if there's no money left where has it gone. As far as I can tell almost every government around the globe is singing the same tune. Some more so than others, Greece being just the most recent example.

This is not a rhetorical question. I have my own ideas about where the cash has gone and unless you think it has just evaporated you ought to have some inkling too.

I would be interested to hear some opinions as to who has ended up with all the money that was apparently being totally wasted a few years back.

Money (aka wealth) isn't like oil or land or any other commodity where there is a fixed amount in the world, and the problem is how to best share it out. Think of money as a unit of productive potential (you give it to someone, and they produce something you value). In theory there is no limit to money or wealth.

The problem in the UK is that the state has been taking too big a share of the nations productive capacity, rather like a parasite over-feeding from the host. There needs to be a re-balancing towards the host, to allow it to grow. If this is done, in the longer term both host and parasite will be able to grow.

HOLA444

Oh woe is me, those nasty Tories will crush our fraternalistic dreams and destroy our egalitarian workers' paradise. What a tragedy that these Toffs will undo 13 years of progress that have made this country such a wonderful place to live.

:blink:

Why does it have to be "the last lot were sh*t, this lot will be amazing"?

Maybe the last lot were utterly terrible and this next lot will be even worse/just as bad (but in a different way). That's how it seems to be shaping up. None of them are interested in helping the little people.

HOLA445
Guest absolutezero

If all the work is contracted out, why cant we have an invoice from the private firms that provide us with services? why pay the council to pay the invoices?

Tut. Would have thought you'd have known this.

It's because the private sector is more efficient and it's cheaper and less faff to send one invoice than 300,000.