House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poppyoscoe

Help With Deciphering Ea Talk!

I am viewing a place tomorrow - our last purchase fell through when vendor felt they had been hasty accepting our low(ish) offer and wanted more money............we said goodbye, they upped their asking price and remain unsold!! :lol:

The house is empty and when I asked for what reason there was no ongoing chain the agent (who had up to that point been very open about how quiet/bad things are without me even asking!!) seemed to get a bit cagey and not give an answer. I asked it it was a repo and was told "no", I asked if it was a death and was told "no", I again just asked why it was empty and she then said "we are dealing direct with the solicitor who liaises with the trustees",

Anybody able to tell me what this means as I'd like an idea prior to viewing?

I am viewing a place tomorrow - our last purchase fell through when vendor felt they had been hasty accepting our low(ish) offer and wanted more money............we said goodbye, they upped their asking price and remain unsold!! :lol:

The house is empty and when I asked for what reason there was no ongoing chain the agent (who had up to that point been very open about how quiet/bad things are without me even asking!!) seemed to get a bit cagey and not give an answer. I asked it it was a repo and was told "no", I asked if it was a death and was told "no", I again just asked why it was empty and she then said "we are dealing direct with the solicitor who liaises with the trustees",

Anybody able to tell me what this means as I'd like an idea prior to viewing?

It's possible the house is in a trust fund. It may be that the person who last lived there is in a nursing home and their spouse has died. They are not coming back, but the trustees can decide whether or not to sell. Too complicated - find another, or even better do not buy atall and in 12 months you'll be very pleased you didn't because the falls in prices will be very easy to see.

It's possible the house is in a trust fund. It may be that the person who last lived there is in a nursing home and their spouse has died. They are not coming back, but the trustees can decide whether or not to sell. Too complicated - find another, or even better do not buy atall and in 12 months you'll be very pleased you didn't because the falls in prices will be very easy to see.

Hadn't thought of the nursing home etc scenario so thanks for that. Would that scenario always be "too complicated" then? I couldn't agree more about 12 months time and beyond but we have other factors than money to consider - which isn't meant to sound glib as whilst we have a healthy deposit having accidently STR'd we are not loaded or anything close to!!

Hadn't thought of the nursing home etc scenario so thanks for that. Would that scenario always be "too complicated" then? I couldn't agree more about 12 months time and beyond but we have other factors than money to consider - which isn't meant to sound glib as whilst we have a healthy deposit having accidently STR'd we are not loaded or anything close to!!

EAs are normally quite open if the vendor has moved to a home.

Despite being empty, normally people in this situation are looking for the top price possible as these funds are gouing to have to pay for their ongoing care.

tim

Turns out that the chap who lived in the house died. The son wants to sell the house but the daughter doesn't want to for purely emotional reasons. Allegedly the son is the only one who can decide whether or not to accept an offer and sell the house although the daughter would jointly benefit from the proceeds of any sale. This is apparently stipulated in the old chaps will due to the fact the daughter is a little off centre to put it politely!!

Nice house which needs total modernisation - bizarre that the garage was tidier and cleaner than the house - and if it could be bought at the right price (25% below what the agent agreed was an "ambitious" asking price) then it would make a nice home. Unfortunately for us the garden was too small so back to Rightmove I go!!