House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NotDavidIcke

Living In A Car

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

just think,by getting the motor home you could save £££££'s!

no more council tax!!...electricity....water...gas.(ok maybe not gas but water you can fill up at the garage and electricity comes off the battery+a good inverter)

no more TV licence...hell they couldn't pinpoint you if you're on the move!!

you could commute to work,and then back for the weekend,saving loads on petrol.

all you need is a friendly relative to hold the mail for you....IT HAS POTENTIAL!

have you ever stayed in a car or tent overnight, it's a nightmare.

even a camper kills you after a while.

The yacht or lorry house is a better idea, but you'll need an hgv licence for the lorry, unless it's a 7.5 ton or under.

Edited by slapkirsty

have you ever stayed in a car or tent overnight, it's a nightmare.

even a camper kills you after a while.

The yacht or lorry house is a better idea, but you'll need an hgv licence for the lorry, unless it's a 7.5 ton or under.

you obviously aint used to rouging it!!!....I'm well used to camping and thoroughly enjoy it,even in howling gales!!!granted the back is a bit stiff on occasion but that's easy sorted with a good li-lo.

you obviously aint used to rouging it!!!....I'm well used to camping and thoroughly enjoy it,even in howling gales!!!granted the back is a bit stiff on occasion but that's easy sorted with a good li-lo.

It's great for holiday, but to live in, surely not?

what do you think of the lorry home?

It's great for holiday, but to live in, surely not?

well if you can handle 6 weeks through sun/rain/gales then you can pretty much take the lot.....wouldn't be too keen in the middle of winter though.

what do you think of the lorry home?

quite partial to one of the modern motor homes,they look quite cosy!

Since starting to work nights, I've noticed the same couple of cars parked in various laybys that I pass on the way home from work. They are obviously living in their cars rather than stopping for a 'quickie' on the way home from a night out.

Edit: spelling. D'uh! B)

Edited by libitina

Buying a banged up VW Camper and joining the New Age Travellers appeals more and more each day  :) ... just need to meet a chick who is up for it!

well a good starting point would either be your nearest road-protest or an illegal rave!!!......as long as you dont mind them with clothes that smell of hash and mildew.

Well after my 4 hour commute + 8 hours of job dissatisfaction today I've now got 3 hours in the car and a night in a travelodge to look forward too... just to get to somewhere early.... that I don't want to be anyway...

I've another idea though... 10 HPC'ers could all chip in 25k (yeah we could all get that together, even if it meant a loan), and with the 250k we could collectively buy a massive, romantically styled French chateau needing complete renovation... in the middle of nowhere... and convert it into 10 loveshacks!!

Well, gotto go... 2 ideas is enough for me tonight ;)... and the lonely road awaits.

Can't we e-mail the link to Krusted Allslapper she can promote it as the new first rung of that failing ladder.  Just think if you earn less than 100k a year this would the only starter home in your budget.

Theres a lot of old post office vans around at the moment.

Why not save on a mortgage and on the inconvienence of crashing (excuse the pun) in a car and simply buy and attach a caravan to your wagon. Instant mobile home that you can park anywhere, drive to work (thus allowing you to step the few yards to also have lunch at home) then an hour and another few steps later you are back at work until it time to go home when you drive to the next scenic truck park for another good sound nights sleep.

The futures caravan! :ph34r:

Why not save on a mortgage and on the inconvienence of crashing (excuse the pun) in a car and simply buy and attach a caravan to your wagon. Instant mobile home that you can park anywhere, drive to work (thus allowing you to step the few yards to also have lunch at home) then an hour and another few steps later you are back at work until it time to go home when you drive to the next scenic truck park for another good sound nights sleep.

The futures caravan!  :ph34r:

Caravan? Caravan?!

If I needed to do that, I'd have to do it in 'style'.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/html/products/...ago/vectra.html

at the very least!

Caravan? Caravan?!

If I needed to do that, I'd have to do it in 'style'.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/html/products/...ago/vectra.html

at the very least!

You forget. What are the repayments on that beast? Remember you dont own the item until after you have paid it all off.

Since starting to work nights, I've noticed the same couple of cars parked in various laybys that I pass on the way home from work. They are obviously living in their cars rather than stopping for a 'quickie' on the way home from a night out.

Edit: spelling. D'uh!  B)

sure they are not dogging or whatever other human degradation goes on at night times now.

how can you live in a car ? a van is slightly possible. camper and caravan even better. but a car.? where would you put the cooker and the bath.? doorbell - no one could knock or ring. it just seems so impractical.

how can you live in a car ? a van is slightly possible. camper and caravan even better. but a car.? where would you put the cooker and the bath.? doorbell - no one could knock or ring. it just seems so impractical.

The trouble with cars is that the horn is always on the inside yet honks on the outside so who you supossed to know you have visitors?