House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kaine

Landlord Agent Anecdotal

Just moved into new rental so had the agent round to make sure all is ok

Got chatting and she told me they are struggling to get rental property at the moment (I'm in Shropshire). Normally they have around 75 properties on the books to fill on short and long term leases, however at the moment they only have 24. She said this is a recent development as this year so far was a very busy year, however of the last 8 weeks its slowed right down.

She mentioned the election, plus concerns about people looking to move jobs and maybe moving into a unsafe job. She also mentioned due to a potential cut in short term job contracts at schools and hospitals they expect to loose a job customer base.

Not sure what to make of it myself, however thought it was worth sharing

Kaine

Might be a regional thing?

I've got a search set up for Surrey I've had for a while. In the last month it has really taken off with many more flats and houses in my price range.

Some of them I recognise from the "for sale" section earlier.

historically I thought that things usually quietened down now for the holidays so I was surprised to see so many here.

Anyway, hope that you got your new rental at a good price.

you may be right flopsy - interesting to share though

new rental is great - downsized to cheaper bills and closer to family - I love renting :)