House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timm

What Is Diane Abbott On About?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-10662072

A lot of blah blah blah about how she is different and would be the best leader, and then toward the end of the article, this (my emphasis):

She promised a "different approach" to tackle the crisis in the public finances from the other candidates, focusing equally on tax rises and spending cuts as a means of reducing the deficit. As well as introducing a financial transaction tax and increasing the coalition's bank levy, she said she would create a new "wealth tax".

"I am working on the details of it but it would be a wealth tax directed at assets rather than income," she said.

A tax on assets? What sort of assets I wonder.

Abbott isn't a Georgist is she?

A lot of blah blah blah about how she is different and would be the best leader, and then toward the end of the article, this (my emphasis):

flab.

I've just looked up what Georgist means - interesting. Does that make Injin a Georgist?

I've just looked up what Georgist means - interesting. Does that make Injin a Georgist?

I doubt it - he's not keen on tax as far as I remember.

We should ask him.

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

I am staggered that this fat silly cow just sits around, giggling and coming out with all sorts of rubbish, and people actually take her seriously.ohmy.gif

I wish I could have gotten such an easy ride in life, she is a total waster.

They may as well get Sharon Osborne.dry.gif

Assets she doesnt have most likely.

So that'll be good looks, intelligence, pragmatism, fitness, honesty etc etc.

Have the Labour party still not picked a new leader? How long does it take to go eeny meeny miny moe between the Millibands?

I reckon Andy Burnham has a good chance, despite the gossip.

He is an articulate northerner and it shows in his accent. He has the same X-factor as that cockney ex-health secretary.

He could be a powerful weapon for Labour.

Milliband is too much like Blair. Blair had great appeal but will the public trust another Blair-type?

They would vote for a guy who doesn't sound posh. Instead, he sounds regional, he is white, he is not from the rich South-East and he comes across as intelligent.

If Labour want to win the next election, they need him. I can see right through him but he did quite well on TV last night, except the moment when he thanked Mandelslime for his service, the crowd did not love that! :D:D:D

Assets she doesnt have most likely.

So that'll be good looks, intelligence, pragmatism, fitness, honesty etc etc.

Funny. I think technically that's zeugma.

I reckon the actual assets she'll be talking about will be anything but housing. Since most people are being effectively taxed on their savings due to near 0 interest rates and 5% RPI inflation, I don't suppose it'll make much difference. The French and the Swedes (and probably a load of others) have an actual wealth tax on all assets so there is some precedent for this.

I reckon Andy Burnham has a good chance, despite the gossip.

He is an articulate northerner and it shows in his accent. He has the same X-factor as that cockney ex-health secretary.

God I hope not, Andy "Internet Censor" Burnham is just another ZanuArbeiter fascist.

Please God let it be Ed Balls.

:P

Unlikely I fear. But surely even the most dedicated party drone would find it hard to vote for Ballsy.

Have the Labour party still not picked a new leader? How long does it take to go eeny meeny miny moe between the Millibands?

Labour party? Weren't they in politics or somethng years back???

Labour party? Weren't they in politics or somethng years back???

:lol:

they're playing this game how to con public in 3 steps,

1. pick a leader who can charm the pants off public once again (they would've forgotten what Blair/ Brown had done after some time)

2. Get that person elected

3. Destroy everything & back to step 1.

My hopes are that either Diane Abbot or Ed Balls gets it. If one of the Millibands gets in they might actually pose a political threat, any drift to the left at the moment will seal their fate for at least another election.

My hopes are that either Diane Abbot or Ed Balls gets it. If one of the Millibands gets in they might actually pose a political threat, any drift to the left at the moment will seal their fate for at least another election.

No. The current government, like every other government, needs an opposition to keep them on their toes. That leaves Labour an important job to do - unless you seriously believe greens and/or BUKNIP2 can step up to the job.

Maybe the SNP is the least bad opposition ... can we have them here in England ;) ? No I wouldn't want to be ruled by them, but I'd be happy to do business with them as government or opposition in a friendly but independent country.

:lol:

they're playing this game how to con public in 3 steps,

1. pick a leader who can charm the pants off public once again (they would've forgotten what Blair/ Brown had done after some time)

2. Get that person elected

3. Destroy everything & back to step 1.

I thought 3 was what Dave and his chums were doing.

I am staggered that this fat silly cow just sits around, giggling and coming out with all sorts of rubbish, and people actually take her seriously.ohmy.gif

I wish I could have gotten such an easy ride in life, she is a total waster.

They may as well get Sharon Osborne.dry.gif

I always wanted to see Michael Portillo taking Abbot from behind with the studio lights bouncing off her big shiny ass and Andrew Neil going for sloppy seconds with both of them . Now the beeb have kicked her off the show it wil never happen, at least in public . I hate the obnoxious woman