House Price Crash Forum

Said No To £500 A Week Job Because They Get More On Dole/housing

Mega

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Mail.

Made up.

Agreed its a puff piece, right down to a staged shot in front of a lorry. I'd like to see more banker stories. How are the loan repayments to the tax payer coming along. How much tax does the City really pay. Its gone strangely quiet.

HOLA444
HOLA445

In other news today, government announces benefit reform plans to ensure that taking work is always financially beneficial.

Good.

Housing benefit is the monster here. It dwarfs and distorts all other considerations; the first steps taken towards reform recently will need to go much further...

HOLA446

You guys!

Am not interested in the truth, am interested in getting house benafit cut so the BTLers get killed & the Renter scum have to move back into Liverpools sink estates.

Mike

HOLA447
HOLA448

You guys!

Am not interested in the truth, am interested in getting house benafit cut so the BTLers get killed & the Renter scum have to move back into Liverpools sink estates.

Mike

Reading the Daily Mail will not achieve this.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

HE doesn't get £500 a week.

Almost all of that goes to his landlord.

He turned the job down because it would leave him financially worse off.

You'd have to be a complete retard to take a job if it meant a DROP in your standard of living.

He doesn't get to keep most of the money, be it wages of benefits, most of it goes to his landlord.

The problem isn't the benefits, it's that peoples RENTS ARE TOO HIGH.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

You'd have to be a complete retard to take a job if it meant a DROP in your standard of living.

He doesn't get to keep most of the money, be it wages of benefits, most of it goes to his landlord.

Yes, but the housing benefit is helping to drive up his rent.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

You guys!

Mike

Who do you like/approve of?

Is there more than one?

HOLA4416

The rents are too high, because of the benefits !!!

HOLA4417

The rents are too high, because of the benefits !!!

Someone gets it.

Let's see the Government put a limit at £1000 per month rather than the £1600 they are planning. Sit and watch what happens to rents then. Call me Paul Daniels, but I think they would fall...

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

You can have your benefits stopped for turning down a job though.

You would have to be really crap at coming up with lame excuses though, and indeed I think being caught in a benefits trap might let you off at the jobcentre.

HOLA4420

Someone gets it.

Let's see the Government put a limit at £1000 per month rather than the £1600 they are planning. Sit and watch what happens to rents then. Call me Paul Daniels, but I think they would fall...

Depends also on high many kids this ficticious lorry driver has though. This is the North East so rents shouldn't be high. Its not as though he's being accomodated in a Notting Hill mews.

HOLA4421

And the reason that the RENTS ARE TOO HIGH?

Well, that would be because the benefits are too high.

Axe the benefits, and the rents will come tumbling down.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Prove it. Report it to the PCC, get them to investigate. The Mail is breaking the law if so.

The story sounds rubbish to me. I believe the bloke turned the job down, and I believe the bloke claimed he earned more from benefits. So the Mail isn't lying. But I don't believe its actually true that he gets £500 a week in benefits, or anything like that. It would be nice if the Mail gave the facts of the case.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

It could be because the job is only a short term contract.

I have known people on benefits and disability allowance turn down good jobs for that reason.

At the end of the contract they would be unemployed again, but on lower benefits.

Archived