House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rolf

People Who Don't Like To See Blood

Why are some people squeamish with blood?

Are they wimps?

Do they have a clinical phobia?

Why are more women affected than men?

I don't understand it, can anyone explain it to me? I'm tempted to think these people are just wimps but willing to be corrected.

Are they wimps?

I don't understand it, can anyone explain it to me? I'm tempted to think these people are just wimps but willing to be corrected.

Maybe they are more empathic than you, or simply have a better more vivid imagination. When I see blood spraying all over the place it's hard for me to resist the thought of what it would feel like if it was pumping out of my body like that/the same thing was happening to me.

I can tolerate it, but I have to focus to do so.

Are they wimps?

I don't mind blood. I do have a slight phobia about needles going into my veins to take it out though.

I think with these sort of things people get caught in a mental loop "urgh blood, don't think about it, don't think about it" the more people try not to the more they do. Maybe it's also that it's no longer hidden within their body doing what blood does but on the outside, in eyesight spraying all over the walls

My old man has passed out a few times at the site of his own blood but is fine with other peoples. He aint no wimp. He's well hard, my dad. Stronger than yours etc.

I can deal with blood, seen plenty of it in my time, things that should be on the inside being on the outside gets me a bit queasy though.

I can deal with blood, seen plenty of it in my time, things that should be on the inside being on the outside gets me a bit queasy though.

Like fridges, and sofas? :blink:

I don't mind blood. I do have a slight phobia about needles going into my veins to take it out though.

I think with these sort of things people get caught in a mental loop "urgh blood, don't think about it, don't think about it" the more people try not to the more they do. Maybe it's also that it's no longer hidden within their body doing what blood does but on the outside, in eyesight spraying all over the walls

My old man has passed out a few times at the site of his own blood but is fine with other peoples. He aint no wimp. He's well hard, my dad. Stronger than yours etc.

My dad could take on a whole army of other peoples angry dads and then some.

Yeah basically I don't understand "squeamish". What is it?

I can't help but think that this is one of those cotton wool western things. I'm sure that people are nowhere near as squeamish in the 3rd world.

A bit like women crying over trivial cr@p. Women cry all over the world but not over really trivial cr@p like many in the western world do.

Yeah basically I don't understand "squeamish". What is it?

It's when you screw up your face, hunch up your shoulders, cover your eyes with your hands and say "I can't look, i can't look" Whilst still looking through your fingers.

Are they wimps?

Although I don't mind the sight of blood [except my own!], I can understand others who can't bear it. After all, the sight of blood means something is far wrong, and in cave man days, people would often die from blood loss. My theory is that it's entirely natural to be squeamish at the sight of blood.

I don't mind it. Although this has given me a plan if I ever get mugged. Seeing as there are so many who are pussy about blood.

Take a knife out with you. Not to stab them - to stab yourself. Then when they faint you can kick shit out of them and steal their wallet instead.

Sweet.

Even if they aren't scared of blood - they will think you are a lunatic anyway and probably freak out and run away.

This should be advice given to all school children.

"Cure muggings - just carry a knife and stab yourself instead"

I should be an MP with thinking like this.

I reckon that if you had enough exposure to enough blood, you'd get pretty comfortable with it.

I remember taking the piss out of the junior medics at uni who had fainted when introduced to their cadavers for their anatomy course.

After a few weeks they're supposed to be eating mars bars in between slicing up a bit of this or that.

Personally, I happen to be on the squeamish side having seen a certain amount of blood other people's as well as my own.

Sometimes I wonder about going to work in an abattoir for a few weeks to get over this.

Maybe they are more empathic than you, or simply have a better more vivid imagination. When I see blood spraying all over the place it's hard for me to resist the thought of what it would feel like if it was pumping out of my body like that/the same thing was happening to me.

I can tolerate it, but I have to focus to do so.

I think "cool" and take video footage on my iPhone to post on youtoob layer

I reckon that if you had enough exposure to enough blood, you'd get pretty comfortable with it.

I remember taking the piss out of the junior medics at uni who had fainted when introduced to their cadavers for their anatomy course.

After a few weeks they're supposed to be eating mars bars in between slicing up a bit of this or that.

Personally, I happen to be on the squeamish side having seen a certain amount of blood other people's as well as my own.

Sometimes I wonder about going to work in an abattoir for a few weeks to get over this.

Large amounts of blood, like in an abattoir, cause a very strong sickly sweet aroma that's really unexpected the first time you experience it.

I think most people don't want to see blood or any other things that are associated with serious injury or suffering. Obviously medical staff, or indeed any of us, if we're dealing with an emergency, have to overcome the fear. But I think anyone who enjoys seeing blood in connection with an injured person or animal must be a bit sick in the head.

I don't mind it. Although this has given me a plan if I ever get mugged. Seeing as there are so many who are pussy about blood.

Take a knife out with you. Not to stab them - to stab yourself. Then when they faint you can kick shit out of them and steal their wallet instead.

Sweet.

Why not just carry a bottle of fake blood?

Why not just carry a bottle of fake blood?

The scum will react better to the real stuff.