House Price Crash Forum

Dragons Den

Reck B

HOLA441

Anyone see this last night? I thought the young lady with the frozen desert business was very impressive. She worked 2 jobs simultaneously and a part time evening job to build up the capital to start the business which she so passionately cared about. She even had a young child to look after. She needed £65,000 for a 15% stake in her business which already had huge interest from Tescos. In my opinion she didn't need any cash at all, just the exposure on the show and a contact

She broke down when Paphitis described her as "amazing". It was a real moment. I think no-one had ever really recognised the sacrifice and hard work she had put into her company and hearing this was too much for her.

"Go on Pahitis." i thought - "thats a fair deal". She is amazing and given the fact that she's already talking to the supermarkets and the huge success of Levi Roots' reggae reggae sauce, you can't try to grab anymore than 15%, not after all this blubbing. (I'm welling up at this point)

The greek midget then ruined the moment by offering her £100,000 for 40% of her company.

Greedy ****.

I'm off to Rymans to snap some of his rulers.

HOLA442

Anyone see this last night? I thought the young lady with the frozen desert business was very impressive. She worked 2 jobs simultaneously and a part time evening job to build up the capital to start the business which she so passionately cared about. She even had a young child to look after. She needed £65,000 for a 15% stake in her business which already had huge interest from Tescos. In my opinion she didn't need any cash at all, just the exposure on the show and a contact

She broke down when Paphitis described her as "amazing". It was a real moment. I think no-one had ever really recognised the sacrifice and hard work she had put into her company and hearing this was too much for her.

"Go on Pahitis." i thought - "thats a fair deal". She is amazing and given the fact that she's already talking to the supermarkets and the huge success of Levi Roots' reggae reggae sauce, you can't try to grab anymore than 15%, not after all this blubbing. (I'm welling up at this point)

The greek midget then ruined the moment by offering her £100,000 for 40% of her company.

Greedy ****.

The show is becoming more and more like 'Simon Cowel's' Den.

The last thing they want is people with a half decent idea. Either they need something of a tragic figure made good (like that bird you mentioned and Susan Boyle) or people they can totally humiliate. Most of the time it's difficult to remember quite what it was the person was even pitching, rather than if they were made to like a total @rse.

HOLA443

Greedy ****.

Yes saw it. Thought the frozen deserts girl was very good. However I'm surprised how far some of the others got. I mean the flashing light guy? FFS. Surely he's got to be actor? Can only assume these are included for comic relief or they don't have too many good idea's so the "dragons" get to save some cash.

HOLA444

Yes saw it. Thought the frozen deserts girl was very good. However I'm surprised how far some of the others got. I mean the flashing light guy? FFS. Surely he's got to be actor? Can only assume these are included for comic relief or they don't have too many good idea's so the "dragons" get to save some cash.

Like I said above, they, and the audience, love people that can be utterly savaged. It makes great television.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn they have been trying to find and set up genuinely disturbed and fragile people to come on for our viewing pleasure.

HOLA445

Theo is such a c0ck I cannot stand him.

He pretends to be sophisticated and upper class and yet his accent and inability to enunciate always betrays him.

He milked the girl for his own personal purposes and knew he would get the tears going. Then he offered her a cr@p deal! Besides, I thought the dragons weren't allowed to offer more money and could only play with percentages, has that rule gone out the window now?

What a bunch of weirdos on that first show.

The first guy had some kind of mental problem - seems like he'll never believe that his invention is just SH1T! Reminded me a little of Gordon Brown. Sociopath anyone? Aspergers? Though they were rude to him even before he said the invention had no future.

The vineyard guy was funny. Had a meltdown immediately and then Deborah got annoyed because she couldn't understand the figures while Duncan could! The other dragons made the same excuse as Deborah! I thought it was a great deal but it depends on if they get everyone to sign up for it.

The Asian chap was young, dumb and full of c u m. Enthusiastic but no brains. We've all seen these characters before. I know someone like that who claims to do this and that - wow, they're so great, and he's a squatter! This chap was equally full of BS!

HOLA446
HOLA447

She developed a frozen desert based on brown rice milk, coconut oil and fruit extract because her kid is lactose intolerant and has managed to get a load of health food shops to stock it. So she dropped out of uni and worked two jobs and a night job to fund the business. Now Tesco want to trial it in 400 of their biggest stores and she has an ice cream company who are willing to let her use their factory and two dragons on her side. Seems like she didn't really want their money so much as their business skills and the publicity (I'm sure a bank would have lent her the money and she could have kept the business to herself). That's about all we were told I think.

That's not what I meant ;)

HOLA448

She developed a frozen desert based on brown rice milk, coconut oil and fruit extract because her kid is lactose intolerant and has managed to get a load of health food shops to stock it. So she dropped out of uni and worked two jobs and a night job to fund the business. Now Tesco want to trial it in 400 of their biggest stores and she has an ice cream company who are willing to let her use their factory and two dragons on her side. Seems like she didn't really want their money so much as their business skills and the publicity (I'm sure a bank would have lent her the money and she could have kept the business to herself). That's about all we were told I think.

Nice concise summary for those like me who missed her. Ta.

Archived