House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hip to be bear

This Week

Watching Andrew Neil drag the odious Ed Balls over the coals with ammo from Mandy's and others memoirs etc. Balls is squeaking his replies in anguish that all these quotes are made up lies and rubbish. He is sweating and looking very shifty.

Go Andrew Neil.......make him sweat!

Watching Labour tear itself apart is a great pleasure after all the damage they have done to this country.

iPlayer link

Jesus Christ, Playschool reenactments, Abi Titmuss as a reporter, is this what passes for current affairs on the Beeb these days?

Watching Andrew Neil drag the odious Ed Balls over the coals with ammo from Mandy's and others memoirs etc. Balls is squeaking his replies in anguish that all these quotes are made up lies and rubbish. He is sweating and looking very shifty.

Go Andrew Neil.......make him sweat!

Watching Labour tear itself apart is a great pleasure after all the damage they have done to this country.

I taped last night's This Week and will be watching it in the next day or two.

It's hard to say so far whether Andrew Neil is being completely impartial with the Labour leader candidates. He seemed very tough with Diane Abbott (I wonder if he felt he had to be seen to be hard on her because of her long association with him and the show), somewhat hard with Andy Burnham, and Neil appeared to give David Miliband a relatively easy ride.

The question is: did he REALLY give 'call me David, not Dave' an easy time, or is it that Mr. D. Miliband is better at fielding tough questions (and, hence, is perhaps one of the better choices for leader)?

I taped last night's This Week and will be watching it in the next day or two.

It's hard to say so far whether Andrew Neil is being completely impartial with the Labour leader candidates. He seemed very tough with Diane Abbott (I wonder if he felt he had to be seen to be hard on her because of her long association with him and the show), somewhat hard with Andy Burnham, and Neil appeared to give David Miliband a relatively easy ride.

The question is: did he REALLY give 'call me David, not Dave' an easy time, or is it that Mr. D. Miliband is better at fielding tough questions (and, hence, is perhaps one of the better choices for leader)?

I thought he stitched up call me David by getting him to say on TV that he had no knowledge of torture or the use of information obtained from torture. I think it will come out that he did have knowledge and then he'll be done for.

I thought he stitched up call me David by getting him to say on TV that he had no knowledge of torture or the use of information obtained from torture. I think it will come out that he did have knowledge and then he'll be done for.

Indeed. I watched the dave interview and thought he got hammered. Neil seemed to personally dislike him

Indeed. I watched the dave interview and thought he got hammered. Neil seemed to personally dislike him

Maybe it was just me, then, but I thought he handled himself better than Abbott and Burnham had done (or, as I say, maybe Neil was easier on him).

Spot on - all over the Mail ( :rolleyes: I know) this morning that Milliband lied 6 times in 9 minutes re UK involvement in torture.

All five candidates for the Labour Party leadership have been scuttling to distance themselves from the record of Gordon Brown in power. But the odds-on favourite to win the leadership contest, former Foreign Secretary David Miliband, is finding it very hard indeed to disentangle himself from the most sordid and shameful aspect of New Labour rule - British involvement in the torture of numerous terror suspects overseas...

Indeed, I can reveal that David Miliband uttered no fewer than six massive lies when grilled in an interview with BBC inquisitor Andrew Neil on the subject of torture for the first time since stepping down from office.

The six lies came in the course of a nine-minute interview - that's a phenomenal strike rate of one lie every 90 seconds. Though outwardly confident and relaxed, Miliband told a series of falsehoods that cast a giant shadow over his personal integrity, and even his fitness to succeed Gordon Brown as Labour leader.

Lie number 1: The first lie was quickly produced when Neil asked whether Miliband believed there was 'any evidence' that British intelligence officials had been complicit in the use of torture on terror suspects when New Labour was in power.

Back came the insouciant reply: an emphatic 'no'.

Unfortunately none of Labour's candidates appear to have any integrity at all. The new leadership job will be a bit of a poisoned chalice - after all, would you want that crowd at your back?

Spot on - all over the Mail ( :rolleyes: I know) this morning that Milliband lied 6 times in 9 minutes re UK involvement in torture.

Unfortunately none of Labour's candidates appear to have any integrity at all. The new leadership job will be a bit of a poisoned chalice - after all, would you want that crowd at your back?

I should start by saying that I believe democracy is an illusion, but for the purposes of discussion I shall ignore that.

I can't imagine a single politician that isn't in it for themselves, but if i had to choose someone to run the Labour party it would have to be either DA or AB. Neither perfect I know but at least you could like them outside of politics.

Call me David doesn't seem to have a problem with illegal wars and the consequent deaths of our troops or civilians. He also doesn't seem to have a probelm with torturing people. Brother Ed admitted that he himself is just a salesman and is presumably therefore willing to sell out the country for the right price - MMGW.

Edward Balls - do the words exist to adequately describe him?

Edward Balls - do the words exist to adequately describe him?

I think his own surname does a good enough job of character description

:D

Just watched it.

I thought EB got an astonishingly easy ride, he must be very, very pleased. Made to look a tool, but nothing that will linger. He could have been absolutely savaged.

I was a bit gutted to be honest.