Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

noddage

Question Time

Recommended Posts

There seems to be a big contingent of the Audience cheering everything Andy Burnham says.

A few times, when he's paused for a moment, people start to clap, then stop when they realise he was only pausing. Then, when he does finish, they go wild.

There are two other "lefties" on the panel, but they aren't getting any sort of adulation - not even George Galloway. Gorgeous George is usually a sure-fire winner with "leftie" audiences.

OK, there are also the two fat ladies in the front row - but they got told off.

But generally - what do you think? - could Andy Burnham have stacked the audience so effectively? Is it really possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid labour, since 1996, have developed the rent-a-mob approach as a tool of government

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

audience stacked? What about the panel? Galloway....left wing, a labour activist, Andy Burnham. Not sure 100% what Nick Ferrari's politics are: ex editor of the Mirror, but was mooted as a Tory mayoral candidate.?!??!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Absolutely Fabulous

I turned it off when I saw the lie of the land. QT is developing into a lefty-panel, thicky-audience, love-in.dry.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She comes across as completely deranged.

I reckon Bercow must get fed boiled rabbit for breakfast, lunch and tea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave up on QT some time ago - it used to be something I really liked, and was interested in. Somewhere along the way it seemed to get derailed from an informative discussion forum to a biased "who can shout loudest" at which point I lost interest. It could have been a bad patch but from the sounds of it, it's carried on which is disappointing to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave up on QT some time ago - it used to be something I really liked, and was interested in. Somewhere along the way it seemed to get derailed from an informative discussion forum to a biased "who can shout loudest" at which point I lost interest. It could have been a bad patch but from the sounds of it, it's carried on which is disappointing to hear.

Dreadful programme. I used to watch it and think it was far superior to the heavily biased Any Questions on R4 but it has gone exactly the same way.

The audience is usually stuffed with political activists, when it was held in my town a couple of years back I didn't recognise one person in the audience. I asked about and everybody said the same. Not a local in the audience. I'm not saying that's the BBC directly but it is indirectly because they should be making the tickets available locally only.

I went to a few ISIHAC recordings. Again they moved it around the country but that usually just meant a lot of people, like me, had to travel further rather than getting in lots of locals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Utterly rubbish program and I stopped watching a while back. Indeed I wasn't even aware it was on last night. Time Dimbers was pensioned off. I find my TV sets last longer if I watch Family Guy instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be a big contingent of the Audience cheering everything Andy Burnham says.

A few times, when he's paused for a moment, people start to clap, then stop when they realise he was only pausing. Then, when he does finish, they go wild.

There are two other "lefties" on the panel, but they aren't getting any sort of adulation - not even George Galloway. Gorgeous George is usually a sure-fire winner with "leftie" audiences.

OK, there are also the two fat ladies in the front row - but they got told off.

But generally - what do you think? - could Andy Burnham have stacked the audience so effectively? Is it really possible?

Not Burnham on his own, just simple good old BBC/ Liebour always working together and always supporting each other.............having said that even by their standards last night was laughable.

Burnham, Galloway, 'Liebour activist' Bercow (completely deranged), Zanu man Dumbledore, no Lib Dem and an audience so stacked with clearly not local , bussed in union and Liebour activists it was like pure comedy. How they cheered when Burnham spoke (before he'd even got a word out), how they booed Maude (ditto)...............as for the two women at the front by the look of them personally and their ignorance and rudeness you can only assume they were Ed Balls' ugly sisters.

Ignore QT unless it's to laugh at............it will only get worse as the BBC gets more and more nervous that it has lost the Party that protected it's corrupt gravy train.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest happy?

Question Time is obiously biased - the only explanation for not following the party line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Absolutely Fabulous

I have been on BBC websites and tried to get a discussion about houseprices going. S'funny: every time I do the 'post' goes astray.

And they call Russia for vetting the airways.dry.gif

!984 is with us. ph34r.gif Hail the prophet George O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QT last night was indicative of many of the problems our society has.

A, clearly deranged, man who had been identified as dangerous, specifically to his wife and who had even indicated himself that he needed help - is released from prison, is able to get a gun, kill a man and almost kill two other people before the Police bother to start looking for him. He goes on to become something of a folk hero amongst some.

What does QT deem to be the most important element of the sad, sad story?

If Facebook should have allowed a page in support of him to remain in place!

George Galloway seemed to be just about the only person on the panel, and for that matter the audience, that was at least attempting to move beyond rehearsed soundbites designed to score points and receive cheers*. This is all politics has become. It is maddening. The economy as far as QT is concerned is about 90% about banking bonuses and myths associated with the impact on the deficit and debt.

*GG, to my mind seems to talk absolutely sense for about 80% of each of his responses. The remaining 20% becomes wild-eyed, irrelevant, paranoid, conspiracy theorist ranting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
*GG, to my mind seems to talk absolutely sense for about 80% of each of his responses. The remaining 20% becomes wild-eyed, irrelevant, paranoid, conspiracy theorist ranting.

Ay, its always nice to see a politician that tells at least 20% unadulterated truth...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 140 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.