House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

campervanman

Private Sector Jobsworths Paint White Lines Around Dead Badger

Apparantly they wern't trained to remove road kill so they left a gap for the dead animal.

Should have just painted the thing anyway.

Hey, that reminds me

White Corpse Plan - January, 1967

This came as a follow-up to the white bicycle plan (which was not fully realized – the city center was never closed to auto traffic). This stated that:

"Whenever the big green monster strikes anywhere in Amsterdam and someone is flattened against the merciless asphalt, the police (blue chickens) must trace the victim's outline on the ground with a piece of chalk. As soon as an ambulance has removed the sad remains, the murderer himself or herself, using a chisel and hammer, must hack out the silhouette of his victim one inch deep in the asphalt, under supervision of the police. Next he or she will fill the hollow with white mortar. Then perhaps, all the prospective murderers approaching the scene of the disaster will let up on the gas for just a moment".

Paint the outline of ALL roadkill.

I thought this was going to be about the Darling Dud of Dismay.

Nah, now he's no longer under the thumb of the NeuLab Projekt image consultants he's gone into hiding, until his beard grows back.

not "licensed or trained" to remove road kill

I am genuinely scared of the requirement to hold a license, before being permitted to scrape stuff off a public road with a shovel.

It had been there for a week ... I think I'd have left it too :D

Anyway I doubt that scraping would have provided a paintable road surface, poor Mr Badger probably needed a jet-wash by that point.

This country is rapidly turning into Monty Python.

yeah, you cant paint over a badger that was "only restin"

The BBC wisely spending your licence fee, I think you mean?

Worth every penny of the £3.4 billion they extort from the taxpayer.

Funny. I guess if it had been the public sector they would have sat around drinking tea all day waiting for someone to come along and remove it.

As it was the private sector found a way round the rules and got on with the job, rather than coming to a complete halt.

A good advert for the private sector getting on with the job, no matter what rules are put in place.

Nobody querying why the chap who saw it every day for a week and did nothing....

One wonders how many times they've been told off for being useful or sent useless instructions in elf and safe tea.

A good advert for the private sector getting on with the job, no matter what rules are put in place.

Er, isn't that exactly the opposite of what happened?

"Getting on with the job no matter what rules were in place" would have meant spending two minutes using some of that legendary private sector get-up-and-go initiative to scrape it off themselves before doing the job properly. I suspect badger-scraping is not rocket science.

"Getting on with the job no matter what rules were in place" would have meant spending two minutes using some of that legendary private sector get-up-and-go initiative to scrape it off themselves before doing the job properly. I suspect badger-scraping is not rocket science.

entreprenuers may have get up and go, but most employees on a line or mission in a boring job just do as they are told.

Jobsworths abound.

Nobody querying why the chap who saw it every day for a week and did nothing....

One wonders how many times they've been told off for being useful or sent useless instructions in elf and safe tea.

It's called "the government stroke". Order of the day among us blue-collar types. Pay slave wages, get slave productivity. Sack 'em. Get some fresh slaves in. Who proceed in exactly the same manner.

There's always some blighter in a collar and tie going red in the face and turning the air blue at your back, no matter how fast or competent your work is (as if they had the slightest clue).

Speedo-speedo! All you ever hear as a prole. They'll ride you to death given half a chance. Plenty more where you came from, mate, etc.

1. (slang) (obsolete) In the days when Australia was a penal colony, the work required from a convict on each day. This was measured in terms of a job to be completed, eg. a certain amount of land to be cleared, rather than as hours to be worked. (Reference: w:Robert Hughes (critic), Robert Hughes, w:The Fatal Shore, The Fatal Shore, 1987, paperback 1996 ISBN 1-86046-150-6.)

Do you have any idea what happens to road paint if it is painted over the remains of removed, rotting badger?

Don't be silly. I work in the private sector and I work on contracts. If someone tells me specifically not to do something, then I don't do it. They are paying the money. However, I don't sit around on my **** waiting for them to enable me to continue. I inform the relevant party of the problem, then move on if at all possible. Which is what these guys appear to have done : Got on with the job.

Total non event.