House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest mmm....beer

Does Anyone Know How I Can Email American Express?

Guest Noodle

I've been getting emails about someone else's account, if I reply to them I get one back saying to go through their website which requires a login and the contact number on the emails is an American one so I'm not prepared to ring them about it. Anyone got any ideas about how to sort this out?

Delete as spam?

I've been getting emails about someone else's account, if I reply to them I get one back saying to go through their website which requires a login and the contact number on the emails is an American one so I'm not prepared to ring them about it. Anyone got any ideas about how to sort this out?

Ring Amex UK ? Could very well be spam though.

Ring Amex UK ? Could very well be spam though.

UK Contact numbers HERE: LINK.

You might have been here before, but.....

https://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/int/gb/en/personal/needhelp/contactus_cm.do?vgnextoid=cc213e37ad444110VgnVCM100000cef4ad94RCRD&page=CM

Is it anything like this?

Taken from a spam scam website:

From: "American Express" <AmericanExpress@welcome.aexp.com>

To: <undisclosed-recipients:>

Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:48 AM

Subject: NOTIFICATION From American Express account!

Dear Customer ,

Our technical service department has recently discovered that your information on file with us is incomplete.

Your American Express on file with us is: 37xxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

Please update your American Express account on our secured server below:

(If you cannot click on the link, please copy and paste it into your browser’s address bar).

Continue To Online Update Form

We appreciate your prompt attention to this important matter.

*If you account information is not updated within 48 hours then your ability to access your account will be

restricted.

Thank you

Sincerely American Express Company, Member FDIC.

Copyright The products, account packages, promotional offers and services described on this

website may not apply to customers of International Personal Banking (IPB) or Global Executive

Banking (GEB). IPB customers should visit the IPB Web site and GEB customers should visit the

GEB Web site to obtain such information.

Copyright © 2009 American Express, Member FDIC.

http://www.scamspam.org/notification-from-american-express-account/

Guest Noodle

I'm more worried that this woman isn't getting her emails, so far they've just been spammish but what if something important comes through?

Post them here, we're bored.

Hmm. I've just noticed something. My email address is mmm.beer@gmail.com (not actual email address) and the emails are addressed to mmmbeer@gmail.com. Could this be a glitch where they are different email addresses but I'm somehow also getting emails for the other address? Does anyone know how gmail addresses work?

I don't think the dots are significant.

I get loads of this, maybe it's something about gmail. The most entertaining was when the correspondent wouldn't accept that I wasn't who he thought I was. He wanted me to be on some Irish site to take delivery of a steel staircase ON A WEEKEND!!! In the end I said fine, if it makes you feel better I'll agree to be there :)

I've also had email from a woman working for Cardigan Council, clearly intended for her partner, been invited to various job interviews and to someone's stag night in Anglesey (couldn't make it, sadly, but the pictures were brill*), and asked to return a library book somewhere in Devon.

Another time someone demanded (persistently) that I book in a removal for their house move, I resisted that one with some difficulty.

* I lied about the pictures.

Hmm. I've just noticed something. My email address is mmm.beer@gmail.com (not actual email address) and the emails are addressed to mmmbeer@gmail.com. Could this be a glitch where they are different email addresses but I'm somehow also getting emails for the other address? Does anyone know how gmail addresses work?

gmail is what you might call slightly stupid in this regard, it treats a.b@gmail.com and ab@gmail.com as the same thing.

So if you have registed mmm.beer.DOH@gmail.com i can email you at m.m.m.b.e.e.r.d.o.h@gmail.com and you will get it

bit mad but there you go apparently dots dont have email rights anymore ;)

From WIKIPEDIA :

Google Mail ignores all dots in the local-part for the purposes of determining account identity.[4] This prevents the creation of user accounts your.user.name or yourusername when the account your.username already exists.

i get lists of all internal treasury jobs due to a mix up over dot com and dot co uk. Theyre quite interesting actually

i get lists of all internal treasury jobs due to a mix up over dot com and dot co uk. Theyre quite interesting actually

I've had sensitive government documents sent to me a couple of times due to email mix ups, bit worrying that people are whizzing sensitive stuff around on email when most people doing it already have highly secure networks that they can put that sort of thing on.