House Price Crash Forum

Ea Admits Market Is Flooded

sympatex

HOLA441

Why do HPCers fall for this, sales people are trained to tell you what you want to hear. If somone tells you what you want to hear your more likely to buy/rent something off them as you share some common ground. A good EA/Letting agent will tell you exactly what you think, and whats more infuriating phil and kirsty also lap it up...

Hmm. So an estate Agent telling you that they've never had so much stock, ever will make you buy a house off them? I dont think so. At best it might make the odd person come in knowing they can have a free for all with low offers.

HOLA442

God Bless the Property Bee!!! The wee bee has been so buzzzzy in recent weeks. Im my home county there have been 300 properties added to Rightmove in the last three days as follows....

146 new properties (some of these have been on before in previous months/years)

1 price increase (Persimmon adding £3k to a slavebox)

140 price cuts (anywhere from people letting another £2k "drip-off" to other more substantial reductions)

Property Bee "I LOVE YOU!!!". Whenever my Mrs starts nesting talk I just send her onto Rightmove after we have a practice run of the baby making!

547 new ones near me in the last 3 days. Quite staggering. I have also noticed many more price reductions actually advertised brazenly - not just quietly happening. I scroll through most of it every week to see. The HPC has begun. By winter we will really see the action begin. No one should contemplate buying for the foreseeable because it is going all the way. 50% fall target befor I get off my a...

HOLA443

I popped into the agemts who I let from at.lunchtime today. They know I'm looking to buy but told me they think prices are falling.

The boss there has lost a lot of weight in the last six months. He's turned from fat slob to nearly presentable. Either he's on a health thing or he can't afford to eat and drink so much.

The latter I hope.

HOLA444

The **** fell out of the apartment market in that area a long time ago...old news. Chronic oversupply of 'executive apartments' and surprising lack of city workers who wanted to pay inflated rents to live in a shithole overlooking car parks and mainline stations.

Grew up in Basingstoke.....now live West London.

Basingstoke has a glut of flats as does Woking.  Some serious oversupply near both train stations.

HOLA445

sympatex, I can believe the agent!

Loads of flats are coming on the market and prices appear to be continuing there fall since I PM'd you last month! What agent was this as I've been impressed with the honesty of the EAs who have been in the game for 10+ years.