House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

Thursday Confessional

I haven't paid to park in our council car park for over a year, saving me over £100 per month.

It all started when i got a parking ticket last year for being 20 minutes over. £25 for 20 minutes is a flucking outrage, I fumed. Is there anything more backward than parking laws and the council, (there to serve YOU, remember) using their powers to extract money from you in every way possible just to survive?

Anyway, I've been photoshopping and printing my own car parking tickets since then.

muahahahaha

I haven't paid to park in our council car park for over a year, saving me over £100 per month.

It all started when i got a parking ticket last year for being 20 minutes over. £25 for 20 minutes is a flucking outrage, I fumed. Is there anything more backward than parking laws and the council, (there to serve YOU, remember) using their powers to extract money from you in every way possible just to survive?

Anyway, I've been photoshopping and printing my own car parking tickets since then.

muahahahaha

Let me be the first to say "Stickin' to da man!".

I can't wait to get back to work.....

muahahahaha

Doesn't that put you at risk of a criminal record if caught. Obtaining parking by deception or something? :lol:

Guest Noodle

muahahahaha

:)

Guest happy?

muahahahaha

I photoshopped my car - when I get to work I simply fold it up and put it in my wallet. All perfectly legal and I don't risk a criminal record for avoiding parking fees.

I photoshopped my car - when I get to work I simply fold it up and put it in my wallet. All perfectly legal and I don't risk a criminal record for avoiding parking fees.

Hmmm, a maximum of 7 folds isn't it? You've got a BIG wallet my friend!

Will this photoshopping mallarky work with TV Licencing? I bought a very chavvy 42" LCD from Currys a few months back, and now I've had a letter.

Will this photoshopping mallarky work with TV Licencing? I bought a very chavvy 42" LCD from Currys a few months back, and now I've had a letter.

Ignore the letter. Make sure your TV isn't visible from the front door / windows. Don't let the TV Gestapo in. That worked for me during the last 3 years.

Couldn't you spontaneously think of another address to give them when you bought it?

Guest Skinty

Couldn't you spontaneously think of another address to give them when you bought it?

Give them the address of someone you don't like.

And if you know that they already have a TV license, put a room number before the house number. That way the TV licensing people will realise that are multiple separate abodes within the same house and that each room needs its own TV license.

Guest Noodle

I bought a cheap tele for our Gran, not that she needed a licence, but I did put fill out the form when purchased as 'D. Duck' giving the address as 'Duck Pond, Disneyland, Anaheim, Los Angeles'.

I bought a cheap tele for our Gran, not that she needed a licence, but I did put fill out the form when purchased as 'D. Duck' giving the address as 'Duck Pond, Disneyland, Anaheim, Los Angeles'.

You b*stard how's he going to pay for that?

You could have at least sent it to the Wicked Witch or Mickey, never really liked Mickey TBH, something about the voice.

:lol:

Guest Noodle

You could have at least sent it to the Wicked Witch or Mickey, never really liked Mickey TBH, something about the voice.

That fvckin' duck had it coming.

I Actually don't recall giving them an address! Just paid by card. They *may* have asked for a postcode though.

Mickey Mouse is talking to his lawyer.

The lawyer says: "Now let me get this straight Mr. Mouse, you want to divorce your wife because she has buck teeth ? This seems a little excessive, and if I may say so, cruel. Just because she hasn't had access to good orthodontics, that shouldn't mean divorce.... surely? "

An exasperated Mickey cried "NO !!! I didn't say she had buck teeth, I said she was fvcking Goofy !!!!

Rrrrrrrm tssssh, Aythangyow.

I Actually don't recall giving them an address! Just paid by card. They *may* have asked for a postcode though.

All retailers have to take addresses from customers when they buy tellies - Currys and most electricals take addresses to send you marketing cr@p as a matter of course generally.

Might have had some fancy system that can take the statement address from the card details but would have thought this would be highly iffy from a data protection angle - CNP transactions do this as a matter of course though.

All retailers have to take addresses from customers when they buy tellies - Currys and most electricals take addresses to send you marketing cr@p as a matter of course generally.

Might have had some fancy system that can take the statement address from the card details but would have thought this would be highly iffy from a data protection angle - CNP transactions do this as a matter of course though.

Errm Tesco's don't I bought a cheapo bedroom telly from them and just went through their automatic checkout tills!

Errm Tesco's don't I bought a cheapo bedroom telly from them and just went through their automatic checkout tills!

Those gates that beep when you walk out of Tesco's with a telly aren't the automatic checkout BTW.

On a related note, I was in a car park in Coventry last week and watched some pikeys walk out of Currys with a big flatscreen with all the price stickers still on the screen.

About ten minutes later they tapped on my window and said they'd bought a telly for their nan she didn't want and the shop wouldn't give them a refund and did I want to buy it cheap. :lol:

Selling shoplifted gear in the shop's own car park's taking cheek to quite a high level.

Guest Noodle

Those gates that beep when you walk out of Tesco's with a telly aren't the automatic checkout BTW.

On a related note, I was in a car park in Coventry last week and watched some pikeys walk out of Currys with a big flatscreen with all the price stickers still on the screen.

About ten minutes later they tapped on my window and said they'd bought a telly for their nan she didn't want and the shop wouldn't give them a refund and did I want to buy it cheap. :lol:

Selling shoplifted gear in the shop's own car park's taking cheek to quite a high level.

One of my brothers friends decided he needed to do a make over on his house.

So he gets a catalogue, chooses everything he wants. Prepares a pad of delivery forms on the PC, puts on courier type clothing and gets in his white van.

'Collection for Mrs. XXXXX.'

They even loaded the van for him.

muahahahaha

Well done my man, they are scum of the first order. I should probably do this in the station car park.

Reminds me of Uni, there was a computer geek in our block in first year that could manufacture the low tech tickets they used for union events. We got away with it for ages until they changed to new fangled ones with holograms.

One of my brothers friends decided he needed to do a make over on his house.

So he gets a catalogue, chooses everything he wants. Prepares a pad of delivery forms on the PC, puts on courier type clothing and gets in his white van.

'Collection for Mrs. XXXXX.'

They even loaded the van for him.

Thats a thing of beauty :lol: