House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

U K Long Term Unemployment Up 47.5% Yo Y

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/7890489/UK-long-term-unemployment-soars-to-1997-levels.html

Long-term unemployment has jump by 47.5pc over the year
to 787,000 in the three months to May, according to the Office for National Statistics. Older workers were the worst hit group, with more than half of over 50s out of work now classed as long-term unemployed, the figures revealed.
Millions of people are now working part time either because they can't find a full-time job, or because employers have cut the number of days they work, the statistics found.

There is no way our bloated housing market can survive this trend. With the BoE announcing imminent credit restrictions and the US going into double dip I would say we are still on for a big drop this year--if it hasn't already happened. I am seeing sellers willing to drop around my way from mid upper 200's to the magic 250 to escape stamp tax.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/7890489/UK-long-term-unemployment-soars-to-1997-levels.html

Long-term unemployment has jump by 47.5pc over the year
to 787,000 in the three months to May, according to the Office for National Statistics. Older workers were the worst hit group, with more than half of over 50s out of work now classed as long-term unemployed, the figures revealed.
Millions of people are now working part time either because they can't find a full-time job, or because employers have cut the number of days they work, the statistics found.

There is no way our bloated housing market can survive this trend. With the BoE announcing imminent credit restrictions and the US going into double dip I would say we are still on for a big drop this year--if it hasn't already happened. I am seeing sellers willing to drop around my way from mid upper 200's to the magic 250 to escape stamp tax.

Only yesterday we were celeberating a drop in unemplyment from 0.01% (owing to part timers), now this real shoker comes out.

Lets see what positive spin they try to put on house prices now as all options been used.

Only way to go is DOWN.

Only yesterday we were celeberating a drop in unemplyment from 0.01% (owing to part timers), now this real shoker comes out.

Lets see what positive spin they try to put on house prices now as all options been used.

Only way to go is DOWN.

Don't be so horrid. I am going to watch a rerun of location, location, location, then I am going to church to pray for pworperdy price inflation.

It is the waste of human life which upsets me.

Behind these statistics are a lot of misery and associated ill health and poverty.

Cut and cut just leads to more of it.

We deserve better of our Government.

Behind these statistics are a lot of misery and associated ill health and poverty.

They're not cutting. They're just reducing the spending of money that we don't have. The poverty was there all along, its just that now its becoming more visible.

Still a bit early to try and blame the Tories. I suggest waiting a few months at least and then you wouldn't look so stupid.

(and I know you didn't mention the Tories by name)

+1

Hilltop, are you a public servant, by any chance? :rolleyes:

Edited by VoteWithYourFeet

I agree, thats why I don't like those Labour maniacs.

So instead of working till your 70, in actual fact your looking at 20 years unemployment or part time, then retirement. I should imagine this will play havoc with ones retirement plans, now you need a pre-retirement pension pot to cover 50-70......

Looks like austerity is in full swing. We had MEW to fund a life style now we have MEW to live.

Still a bit early to try and blame the Tories. I suggest waiting a few months at least and then you wouldn't look so stupid.

(and I know you didn't mention the Tories by name)

You don't understand economics.

The government can simply create jobs without any repercussions whatsoever.

The money comes from LA LA Land. Nobody has to pay for it.

+1

Hilltop, are you a public servant, by any chance? :rolleyes:

If they really do work in the Public Sector, you might have to explain that novel concept to them.... I don't think the idea of Service has troubled the Public Sector for well over a decade now...

Cue 'Turdo to give me a slap (yawn...)

B

I am critical of all the waste, the cost, the lost output from the many unemployed, ConDemed to penury while we wait for the jobs surge created by our entrepreneurial private sector.

When, if, that ever happens, I will change my view that this is a wrong, didactic and wasteful Government.

And I am retired, from the Post Office and latterly, from farming. Seen both sides, don't y'know.