House Price Crash Forum
athom

Peter Mandelson On Brown: 'we Were In A Pit Of Debt. And We Kept On Digging'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jul/15/peter-mandelson-memoirs-brown-economy

Seems Browns main reason not to go with cuts to reduce the deficit was because that would be too much like the Tories :huh: A man obsessed with the wrong thing.

interesting memoirs i should think......

I'm hoping that someone will scan this book to PDF and stick it up on the torrent sites!

I'm hoping that someone will scan this book to PDF and stick it up on the torrent sites!

That would be quite ironic considering Mandy's stance re. The Digital Economy Bill.

I like it!

Can't find an official eBook version but there is an audiobook version, due out on the 23rd July 2010. That may end up being torrented quite quickly. On the downside, it's read by the slime-meister himself.

Mandelson wrote to Brown over Christmas urging him once again to change the argument. "As long as no one believed us on the public finances, they would not believe us on anything else.

The sad fact is, of course, that many people did believe them and probably still do.

sounds like p. mandle was a tool. happy to destroy our future. sold us all down the river and comes out with a tell tale book like it was all some fµcking game he was playing. undoubtedly now a millionaire from it. if we get the fabled double dip and the SHTF these memoirs may make excellent evidence of collusion and wrongdoing. it does show how low and unrepresentative our politicians truly have become.

sounds like p. mandle was a tool. happy to destroy our future. sold us all down the river and comes out with a tell tale book like it was all some fµcking game he was playing. undoubtedly now a millionaire from it. if we get the fabled double dip and the SHTF these memoirs may make excellent evidence of collusion and wrongdoing. it does show how low and unrepresentative our politicians truly have become.

The French Revolution was morally sound in a lot of ways wasn't it?

sounds like p. mandle was a tool. happy to destroy our future. sold us all down the river and comes out with a tell tale book like it was all some fµcking game he was playing. undoubtedly now a millionaire from it.

He was chummy with the Rothschild family. He'll be well looked after.

During these discussions Tony Blair reminded Mandelson that Brown had resisted his own attempt in the final days of his premiership to conduct a fundamental spending review. Blair recalled: "Gordon had resisted the premise of the initiative that the era of spending increases were over, and that the whole basis of government had to be recalibrated."

If this is true it suggests that Blair expected the unexpectable, and was indeed rather deft in the way he handed over and got out of the way (I'd thought it was likely that he was just lucky).

The French Revolution was morally sound in a lot of ways wasn't it?

Tom Paine ('the most useful Englishman ever') was against the head removal policy, but he may have made an exception if Mandy had been around

That would be brilliant. Would quite like the book, but can't bear the thought of giving him money.

Can't find an official eBook version but there is an audiobook version, due out on the 23rd July 2010. That may end up being torrented quite quickly. On the downside, it's read by the slime-meister himself.

Thanks for the warning - I can score that off my list of audiobooks.

I could run it through a vocoder for you. You could imagine Twiki from Buck Rogers was reading it to you instead.

2007-11-07_142244_twiki.jpg

Edited by Reck B

Little or nothing of this ever came out in the run up to the election from the media or from politicians so most everything said in the run up to the election was based on fabrications as they were all so joined at the hip when being interviewed then.

And people were asked to vote based on all this fabrication.

Now the Condem signed manifestos are already being reneged on.

If heard that if you play it backwards, UK plc keeps getting richer.

VMR.

& if you double the speed it sounds like Pinky & Perky.

I understand they were revived in recent years? - I trust this will not be the case with mandy & fellow pigs!

pinky_and_perky_370729a.jpg

If this is true it suggests that Blair expected the unexpectable, and was indeed rather deft in the way he handed over and got out of the way (I'd thought it was likely that he was just lucky).

Indeed Blair was in tune with the engine of the economy much more than Brown even though the latter recieved the most economic kudos.

Blair at the beginning of his term new that the Welfare State as part of the economy had to be trimmed or at least modified due to it's long term

unstainability and it's economic drag. Thus his brand of Neo labour was more credible and electable. Brown as we know was ideological dinosaur and consequently

a slow economic implosion as 'handouts' ,though soothing ultimately prove difficult to reduce or stop.Politics ensures' this.

Blair's war mongering, American pandering, I think tugged his ego , the UK had enough structural issues and had the chance to change course.

Wars were the last thing we needed , well apart for the one with Globilization, the one we have to win.

sounds like p. mandle was a tool. happy to destroy our children's future. sold us all down the river and comes out with a tell tale book like it was all some fµcking game he was playing. undoubtedly now a millionaire from it. if we get the fabled double dip and the SHTF these memoirs may make excellent evidence of collusion and wrongdoing. it does show how low and unrepresentative our politicians truly have become.

I thought that. It's just a game to mandy. Say anything. Do anything. All that matters is to be noticed, and to profit from it.

Someone here suggested politicians of both sides collude so each side exists to justify the other.

One side (Thatcher?) could not exist without the other (Scargill?) & vice versa they profit from each other............. and the banks profit as the 'money' flows each way. Great system.

Little or nothing of this ever came out in the run up to the election from the media or from politicians so most everything said in the run up to the election was based on fabrications as they were all so joined at the hip when being interviewed then.

And people were asked to vote based on all this fabrication.

Now the Condem signed manifestos are already being reneged on.

having seen the stinking level of corruption and self enrichment in Westminster over the last decade across all parties come out over the last couple of years im not exactly sure why this should be suprising, there hasnt been this much corruption amongst politicians in the UK since the great Railway Mania/ bubble of the Mid 1800s (again credit induced). Its just another ingredient that tells you

A) UK was in a massive bubble of malinvestment

and

B ) when it comes out the bubble is collapsing

and

c) the bubble isnt housing its credit and leverage

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

An admission of guilt and no treason charges?

Exactly. Brown ought to be hung, drawn and quartered for his crimes to humanity.

None of it is surprising but it's possibly a first in the level of bare faced deception of the voting and tax paying public being blatantly admitted so soon after a general election.

Mandelson was there, he was part of it.

Why didn't he put all this on Wikileaks 18 months ago!

Sorry, double post....but it was worth saying twice!

At least this has probably ended Mandelson's political career. OK, he's rich, but if power is his drug, then he's probably doing cold turkey.

Micheal Portillo re-invented himself gradually, from the arrogant right-wing Tory minister to the nice TV personality. Mandelson's blown that one as this kiss-and-tell backstabbing just shows him to be an even worse dogpoo than we thought.

Edited by blankster