House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Once in a lifetime

Managing Personal Debts

And if anyone on here is then try going to the motley fool and reading the dealing with debt forum. Getting out of debt is one of the most liberating feelings ever.

Can't imagine what being in debt is like, I've never even had a credit card so I've never spent money I've not had. I've never been so much as 1p in debt in my life. I'm only 26 though so there's plenty of time :)

I've never been so much as 1p in debt in my life.

Very admirable. Mind you, with that kind of discipline you could really make the most of the current crop of money-back cards. Stick your 'monthly outgoing' money into a high interest account (>4%), spend all month on a cash-back card (~1% back, up to 2% for the intro offer) and pay it back before the interest free period ends. Work it this way all year and you may well find that you have over £100 extra holiday/investment/takeaway money to spend :)

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Can't imagine what being in debt is like, I've never even had a credit card so I've never spent money I've not had.  I've never been so much as 1p in debt in my life.  I'm only 26 though so there's plenty of time :)

This from another members signature, and I would agree, there is bad debt and there can be good debt, the good debt being a mortgage on a sensibly priced property, at a sensible interest rate, for a sensible amount. <_<

Credit is undoubtedly a source of misery for an increasing number of people, particularly, although by no means exclusively, the less well-off but over the past 30 years, it has also proved to be a force for the good for many others.

Can't imagine what being in debt is like, I've never even had a credit card so I've never spent money I've not had.  I've never been so much as 1p in debt in my life.  I'm only 26 though so there's plenty of time :)

Wow..., but your credit rating must be poor.

Not a bad philosophy to have,

good luck if you can keep that up.