House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

Fairy Jobmother

Ridiculous programme. Why is unemployment always shown as being a personal failing, as opposed to a symptom of the state of the wider economy. In the end this wannabe wonder woman lands the guy a minimum wage job as a kitchen fitter, and the result is they are financially worse off.

I'm so glad someone else started a thread on this.

Nice leather sofa, iPod, free house and lie ins. I wish I had them. I tried hard at school, went to a good uni, worked my ass off and I don't appear to have a free house...

This show, surely, is an argument for replacing the entirely useless 'Religious Education' section of schooling and replace it with financial studies.

I'm a natural lefty (and softy) but watching this makes me want to smoke crack - and buy the Daily Mail.

Nice leather sofa, iPod, free house and lie ins. I wish I had them. I tried hard at school, went to a good uni, worked my ass off and I don't appear to have a free house...

This show, surely, is an argument for replacing the entirely useless 'Religious Education' section of schooling and replace it with financial studies.

I'm a natural lefty (and softy) but watching this makes me want to smoke crack - and buy the Daily Mail.

makes a good case for wages being higher and rents cheaper

and never going to midlesborough

Ridiculous programme. Why is unemployment always shown as being a personal failing, as opposed to a symptom of the state of the wider economy. In the end this wannabe wonder woman lands the guy a minimum wage job as a kitchen fitter, and the result is they are financially worse off.

+1

Couldn't bring myself to watch this programme given that the Guardian articleyesterday said she used to work for A4E.

not a bad life is it?

... and here's me and my partner - working full-time, 2 kids, one in full-time nursery - we're eligible for sweet FA and pay through the nose for everything.

scum.

not a bad life is it?

... and here's me and my partner - working full-time, 2 kids, one in full-time nursery - we're eligible for sweet FA and pay through the nose for everything.

scum.

you must be a copper

this woman is a classic example of why this country is so fµcking sh1t.

hubris and sh1t. i think that covers us.

The country still seems to be obsessed with the idea everything can be solved with a makeover by some snappily named self-promoting attention seeker.

Kids misbehavin - ignore the fact they're abandoned to childcare while both parents work to pay the mortage - Get Supernanny in.

House not selling - ignore the fact it's over-priced - Get the House Doctor in to paint the walls magnolia

You're overweight - don't eat less - Get Gok Wan in to dress you in inappropriately youthful threads

Unemployed - Ignore the fact there's no low-skilled jobs paying more than benefits - Get the Fairy Jobmother in

Shop not got any customers - Ignore the wrecked economy and blizzard if To Let signs in the vicinity - Get Mary Queen Of Shops to make it over into something with absolutely no relevance outside of uber-wealthy Central London

And on, and on, and f**king on

those kids on the halifax adverts are being kept against their will by aggressive nimby boomers behind the glass screens. if any of those fµckers even peeps about the sh1tty rates and WHACK - they get a golf club in the face.!!

The country still seems to be obsessed with the idea everything can be solved with a makeover by some snappily named self-promoting attention seeker.

Kids misbehavin - ignore the fact they're abandoned to childcare while both parents work to pay the mortage - Get Supernanny in.

House not selling - ignore the fact it's over-priced - Get the House Doctor in to paint the walls magnolia

You're overweight - don't eat less - Get Gok Wan in to dress you in inappropriately youthful threads

Unemployed - Ignore the fact there's no low-skilled jobs paying more than benefits - Get the Fairy Jobmother in

Shop not got any customers - Ignore the wrecked economy and blizzard if To Let signs in the vicinity - Get Mary Queen Of Shops to make it over into something with absolutely no relevance outside of uber-wealthy Central London

Is kitchen fitting low skilled? The job mentioned the requirement for joinery and electrical wiring knowledge, and yet the rate was NMW. In some areas it seems that there just aren't jobs that the average person can earn enough from to pay for an average lifestyle.

I actually reallly liked the young couple. You could see they were trying, trying to live a decent family life. Years gone by they would've been the typical picture of a young working-class couple. In recent years society has changed very quickly and people like this have just been left behind, marginalised.

I'm pleased he got (and kept) the job. Kudos to the employer for giving him a chance. :)

Is kitchen fitting low skilled? The job mentioned the requirement for joinery and electrical wiring knowledge, and yet the rate was NMW. In some areas it seems that there just aren't jobs that the average person can earn enough from to pay for an average lifestyle.

pice of p1ss really. just a few boxes to bolt against a wall. bit of wallpaper - kabosh = £4k.

Probably if you're a self-employed kitchen fitter - if not it would probably fall under the category of labourer. A job that better educated Poles are perfectly entitled to come over and do more conscientiously.

Probably if you're a self-employed kitchen fitter - if not it would probably fall under the category of labourer. A job that better educated Poles are perfectly entitled to come over and do more conscientiously.

they will steal all your sh1t though.

I actually reallly liked the young couple. You could see they were trying, trying to live a decent family life. Years gone by they would've been the typical picture of a young working-class couple. In recent years society has changed very quickly and people like this have just been left behind, marginalised.

I'm pleased he got (and kept) the job. Kudos to the employer for giving him a chance. :)

Employers often seem to be more generous with their opportunities the closer in vicinity they are to a TV production team.

That is one of the greatest posts I have ever read on here and succinctly sums up the vile sense of entitlement this country suffers from. Fat women, lazy workers, liar loan thieves, ruling elite, financial idiocy. Dreadful. All of this is crystallised by the fact that people buy houses (get mortgages) ten times their salary (takes a draw on massive crack pipe)