House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smiffy1967

Bt Stole From Me

Straight to the off -topic forum, but would be great to leave here for an hour or so:

I stopped doing a DD to BT because BT like to help themselves to your money - they just love it. So i pay each month with one simple free phone call and give them my debit card details over the phone - i never have much money in that account so i am not worried about security.

Last month i called and payed my bill. An hour later i noticed on Barclays internet banking, that BT had taken two card payments of the same amount £62 & £62 - the account was now one month payed in advance. I called BT and asked them why they had stolen money from my account, after ten minutes an apology was forth coming and BT advised i would have to wait a week for a check to be sent to me, i told them this was not exceptable as it would take another 4 days for any check to clear, after some arguments they agreed to BACS the money into the account and i received it 3 days later

unbelievable - BT

Did you not get some compensation? I insist on compensation every time they muck up and nearly always get it.

one months free Broadband

You are confusing stealing and incompetence, in the same way as people confuse the comparative financial skills of the tories and labour based on how well the economy goes while they are in power, rather than the luck

of where they happened to take over in the property cycle.

BTW, consider this thread stolen. :P

Stick with Direct Debit where possible. If you are billed incorrectly then you simply go to your bank and state you want an immediate refund, as stated on the forms. They have to do it and then the bank chases up with the vendor. Dead easy and excellent.

Done it when it was new many moons ago and had to tell the bank about their own rules. But they did.

I refuse to give BT a direct debit, so they charge me a "payment clearing charge". I consider they steal a little from me every month, but at least they can't get their hands right inside my wallet. Grasping *****s!

BT has all the bad service habits of the worst of both public and private sector.

A couple of years ago they left me for several weeks without a service because a line was down and I have no mobile signal.

They invited my son to a job interview then did not pay his fare.

A contemptible business to my mind.

I refuse to give BT a direct debit, so they charge me a "payment clearing charge". I consider they steal a little from me every month, but at least they can't get their hands right inside my wallet. Grasping *****s!

BT steal hundreds from my work. We have a phone with them but cannot set up a direct debit on our account (dont ask it is simply not permitted) so they charge us a fee for sending a bill and also charge us a fee for 'late payment' when they do not get their payment next day or something all invoices have to go through a central department. I called and explained the situation but the woman at the other end was not a native English speaker and did not understand me or the situation (yet another reason to avoid them - the worst call centres in the world).

I am still boycotting them in my flat as they disconnected the phoneline when a previous occupant of the flat left and were insiting on charging me £127+vat to get it switched back on - unless of course I signed up to an 18 month contract with their phone and broadband... The line should not have been removed and even if it had been it should not have costed £127 to get put back on... Theiving gets - and I told them as much on the phone.

BT has all the bad service habits of the worst of both public and private sector.

A couple of years ago they left me for several weeks without a service because a line was down and I have no mobile signal.

is that generally the rule then? Getting fares paid to job interviews? :o

I agree, a national disgrace (trying hard not to burst into another broadband rant).

Always get ****-up refunds by CHAPS - It really upsets the other party because it costs so much and it is in your account the same day.

Seeing the back of BT is going to be on a par with getting rid of incurable herpes. To all BT employees "Sorry you've lost your job unless you're one of the rude bastards that I've had the misfortune to speak to over the years.**"

p-o-p

** EDIT: And recently incomprehensible - Never has that classic of "He made me an offer I couldn't understand" been so apt.

Had BT broadband years back, and paid the bill each month by credit card.

After a few months they e-mailed saying that they were changing payment systems and i had to reregister. Went on the site to do this but they would not take the same C.C. as it had been used before ( don't know why ) , so i regeristered with another card.

Low and behold they took payments from both cards . Phoned them and explained the situation they then cancellled the first C.C. details from their payment system.

Soon after I went to log on and everytime I put my password in it got thrown out as wrong , Checked my password , tried again and again. In the end I phoned them got through to someone who said I had not paid my bill . They had cancelled both cards

Me- expalained to them that they had obvislouly canceled both payments and not just one.

Them - ever so sorry.

Me- could you not have informed me prior to cutting me off that you had not received payment

Them - you have been sent an e-mail ,

Me- err if i can not log on how do I get the e-mail

Them - oh yes sorry not sure ever so sorry.

They are useless, but then so are so many companies.

Had BT broadband years back, and paid the bill each month by credit card.

After a few months they e-mailed saying that they were changing payment systems and i had to reregister. Went on the site to do this but they would not take the same C.C. as it had been used before ( don't know why ) , so i regeristered with another card.

Low and behold they took payments from both cards . Phoned them and explained the situation they then cancellled the first C.C. details from their payment system.

Soon after I went to log on and everytime I put my password in it got thrown out as wrong , Checked my password , tried again and again. In the end I phoned them got through to someone who said I had not paid my bill . They had cancelled both cards

Me- expalained to them that they had obvislouly canceled both payments and not just one.

Them - ever so sorry.

Me- could you not have informed me prior to cutting me off that you had not received payment

Them - you have been sent an e-mail ,

Me- err if i can not log on how do I get the e-mail

Them - oh yes sorry not sure ever so sorry.

They are useless, but then so are so many companies.

Can't you leave tnem?

Yeah, I consider that charge anther piece of the Thatcher legacy. Whenever they phone up ask why I make no phone calls through them and ask if I would like their broardband I tell them they are thieves ....somehow I get the feeling that they've heard that many times before.

Straight to the off -topic forum, but would be great to leave here for an hour or so:

Wait a second Smiffy.. BT double charged you, admitted they made a mistake, apologised, bacs'ed you the money back and gave you a months free broadband.

Sounds like pretty good service (apart from the original mistake) IMO.

What is meant to be unreasonable here?

A friend in Japan refused to sign direct debit with a mobile phone company. They forged his signature and set it up anyway!!

What happened next? Do tell...did they fleece him, did he take revenge? Those things seem to get a bit messy in Japan, at least in the film version. Blood and gore all over the floor, and me without a spoon.

A friend in Japan refused to sign direct debit with a mobile phone company. They forged his signature and set it up anyway!!

I don't think that Japanese people always behave in a way that we consider usual in the West. Mick Jagger identified this some year back. These are an extract of the lyrics from Too Much Blood. I think it was around 1983.

ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 13 23.45.jpg

p-o-p

post-10374-12790611982968_thumb.jpg

I did too. It was the constant changing of the pricing structures with it's ever increasing costs, charging me 4 quid to pay by a non DD method (I paid via a direct transfer from my online banking) and the fact that I got a 5 page phone bill every quarter for a phone line I never made a single call on, that made me go in the end.

I only need a phone line for ADSL internet, so I dumped BT for a 10 quid a month IDNet phone line.