House Price Crash Forum

Bbc News: Surveyors Expect Prices To Fall

HOLA441

BBC News website: House prices: Surveyors expect property prices to fall.

Surveyors are expecting house prices to fall in the coming months owing to more home sales and economic uncertainty.

The rise in supply means more are expecting property values to fall than rise - a shift in sentiment from a similar poll a month ago.

(I was surprised not to see a thread on this story, so, if there is one and I missed it, feel free to ignore me! ;))

HOLA442

BBC News website: House prices: Surveyors expect property prices to fall.

(I was surprised not to see a thread on this story, so, if there is one and I missed it, feel free to ignore me! wink.gif)

Sian Williams just said "Liars Loan!" and is going to be talking about them later on in the programme.

Kleenex for Eric please!!

HOLA443
HOLA444

number of enquiries from new buyers dipped in July

No it was June not July.

It's interesting how now the MSM are picking out negative points rather than positive ones. Most surveyors still saw a price risen June according this

HOLA445

No it was June not July.

It's interesting how now the MSM are picking out negative points rather than positive ones. Most surveyors still saw a price risen June according this

Mmm Just as the ground was prepared for the austerity budget, we'll now see the same thing for the HPC.

A clue that the Govm't knows there needs to be HPC for any sustainable recovery to take place.

But thier attempts to 'manage' it will be in vain, expect to see steady -2% MoM, by the end of the year. :)

HOLA446
Guest KingCharles1st

Sian Williams just said "Liars Loan!" and is going to be talking about them later on in the programme.

Kleenex for Eric please!!

Kleenex for me as well!

Family pack thank you

I have this awful vision of Sian Williams naked on her knees, mouthing the words "Liar Loans.." I thi

OMG- sorry gotta dash

HOLA447
HOLA448

A separate forecast by accountants PricewaterhouseCooopers has suggested that house prices might not reach the levels seen at the peak of the market in 2007 for another decade.

Have they not seen prices in London?

Well past peak!

"Although the average UK house price overvaluation of around 25% in mid-2007 is now down to around 5-10% despite the market rally since March 2009, our analysis suggests that house prices remain vulnerable to setbacks," said the firm's head of macroeconomics John Hawksworth.

So why are they only over-valued by 5-10% now?

Are we all earning 15% more than in 2007?

Edited by cool_hand

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Even Reporting Scotland had a decidedly negative housing main story. Which I can tell you is something I have never seen before. Even back in the 2008 days.

Now they only mentioned sales of course. House prices falling is something that has NEVER been predicted or mentioned on Reporting Scotland. Only ever seen it a couple of times in the past tense. And no I am not kidding.

Is the long slow drag to the bottom about to gain a bit of momentum ?

HOLA4415

It always was inevitable and HPCers will now have their hour, or should I say years.

The only problem is we want a short sharp reaction and not a long drawn out one. Get the prices to bottom over one to two years, then everyone can retrench and build a better economy.

The drops will be more than 25% this time. Everything points to it, increasing unemployment, reduced wages, restricted lending, removal of products (i.e. liar loans), new FSA and its new regulations on lending, excess stock for sale. It all adds up and can no longer be denied. But lets hope we don't forget and then prices go silly once again in ten years time.

HOLA4416

It always was inevitable and HPCers will now have their hour, or should I say years.

The only problem is we want a short sharp reaction and not a long drawn out one. Get the prices to bottom over one to two years, then everyone can retrench and build a better economy.

The drops will be more than 25% this time. Everything points to it, increasing unemployment, reduced wages, restricted lending, removal of products (i.e. liar loans), new FSA and its new regulations on lending, excess stock for sale. It all adds up and can no longer be denied. But lets hope we don't forget and then prices go silly once again in ten years time.

+1

And because of the bearish climate there are already more and more buyers scratching their heads before buying and thinking 'is that shoebox really worth that much?!'. This will result in substantial reductions.

HOLA4417

I'm kinda looking forward to that period of time, say in a couple of years, where practically everyone on here is in the market to buy a house.

It'll be a different place around here when that happens! :)

HOLA4418

I'm kinda looking forward to that period of time, say in a couple of years, where practically everyone on here is in the market to buy a house.

I'm looking forward to gloating! The only thing is it's such a slow process that gradually as the crash plays out people will begin to forget you predicted it and towards then they will start claim that they new all along! Although I do know a couple of people who have recently bought against my advice. No getting out of that one!

HOLA4419

I wonder if anyone will have their STR fund left or have any income?

HOLA4420

i doubt it, you can tell when the FTSE falls 3% on here everyone starts crapping themselves, some will be unemployed, some will be shitting themselves that however far propertys fallen it will fall another 30%, and those that do want to buy probably wont get a mortgage unless they have a perfect credit score and 40% deposit, but apart from that you could be right.

Ireckon the economic situation will be such that house price buying will be the last thing on most peoples minds

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA4421

I wonder if anyone will have their STR fund left or have any income?

Well, I for one am thoroughly enjoying being an STR in this financial climate.

Our fund could well be inflated away, and I could become unemployed...but selling our house in 2007 was the best thing we ever did, it is just lovely to not have a mortgage and be free of the 'system'.

Witnessing the distinct possibility of a HPC being broadcast by the mainstream media is surreal...positively therapeutic.