House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bingobob777

Manchester Airport Hotels

All the usual big names, but have any of you stayed in any of them? Any recommendations or no-no's?

Are any within walking distance of airport (with 2 young kids)?

Can't remember the name of the place, but I once stayed in the hotel, the entrance to which is on the elevated walkway between the railway station and the terminal from which the KLM and Delta flights go. Never again! There was a clearly visible stain on the sheet from where, I suspect, the previous occupants of the room had been, shall we say, 'entertaining themselves'. The shower oscillated between scalding hot and semi-freezing, and adjusting the knob had no apparent effect. Noise from the TV in the next room kept me awake for most of the night, despite repeated phone calls to the front desk asking them to do something about it. In the restaurant I asked for no cheese on my beefburger (I'm lactose intolerant), and had to send it back twice when it arrived with cheese on it. In other words, it took them three attempts to cook me a meal I could eat.

I only stayed in this place because I was bumped from an overbooked flight and they put me up in it overnight while waiting for the next one. But as a result of that experience, I will (a) avoid Qatar Airways like the plague - I was not impressed at being bumped, given that I'd checked in online almost 24 hours previously; and B, avoid having to stay overnight at MAN, even if it means starting out in the middle of the night. Actually, I tend to avoid MAN full stop and fly from MME when I can, but the cost of tickets starting from MME has tended to be a lot more in recent months.

Guest theboltonfury

I live very close. About 4 miles away.

`Many aren't walking, but offer a minibus service. The best is the Raddisson which is on site. It's very nice indeed.

There are loads of farms round here that do B&B and let you keep your car at theirs for much less than the airport. They will then run you to the airport. About 3 miles away. Could be worth looking in to.

`There are loads of farms round here that do B&B and let you keep your car at theirs for much less than the airport. They will then run you to the airport. About 3 miles away. Could be worth looking in to.

Thats very interesting info that may be of use. Thankyou!

Guest theboltonfury

Thats very interesting info that may be of use. Thankyou!

Well, mail me nearer the time and I'll give you some names of the people that do this. Google Castle Mill Farm Ashley, or airport parking Castle Mill Lane Ashley, Cheshire.

`Many aren't walking, but offer a minibus service. The best is the Raddisson which is on site. It's very nice indeed.

There are loads of farms round here that do B&B and let you keep your car at theirs for much less than the airport. They will then run you to the airport. About 3 miles away. Could be worth looking in to.

Would they have hobbit sized rooms? ;)

Guest theboltonfury

Would they have hobbit sized rooms? ;)

Try a Britannia Hotel. They only have Hobbit sized rooms.

Well, mail me nearer the time and I'll give you some names of the people that do this. Google Castle Mill Farm Ashley, or airport parking Castle Mill Lane Ashley, Cheshire.

#Thanks!

Gatwick....park and stay....Russ Hill Hotel....AVOID...Hard beds, no lifts, crap.

will maybe give that a go, cheers.