• Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest Noodle

I worked there for a bit; never lived there, and never wanted too. I'd struggle to imagine any circumstances in which I would live in London.

Yep.

Worked in Mile End also Stratford also Tottenham also South Essex just down the A13.

People choose to live there?

Here's a tip. West is Best.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I lived in various places in London for years. I mostly very much enjoyed it.

Like pretty much anywhere it had good points and bad points.

It seems quite trendy to slag it off though as if it makes one appear enlightened.

It is a big place, with a vast array of environments.

HOLA4410
Guest Noodle

I lived in various places in London for years. I mostly very much enjoyed it.

Like pretty much anywhere it had good points and bad points.

It seems quite trendy to slag it off though as if it makes one appear enlightened.

It is a big place, with a vast array of environments.

A mate, the son of a wealthy chinese mob boss (you'd never know, he's a spoilt brat computer geek and wouldn't say boo to a goose) had an apartment in Silom, awesome. Something about the view, as the sun comes up, filtering through those skyscrapers . . . a real buzz. His missus was well fit too, what a life eh. Our kid took a blue biro to his new white leather sofa. :)

Nope. It's either sticky rice chewing farmsville or straw sucking retard West Country for me.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

A mate, the son of a wealthy chinese mob boss (you'd never know, he's a spoilt brat computer geek and wouldn't say boo to a goose) had an apartment in Silom, awesome. Something about the view, as the sun comes up, filtering through those skyscrapers . . . a real buzz. His missus was well fit too, what a life eh. Our kid took a blue biro to his new white leather sofa. :)

Nope. It's either sticky rice chewing farmsville or straw sucking retard West Country for me.

There are lost of places I prefer to live (hence why I do not live there). I find it very difficult to believe that anybody could think it was utterly devoid of anything good and in the case of the subject of the OP the worst place in existence.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest Noodle

There are lost of places I prefer to live (hence why I do not live there). I find it very difficult to believe that anybody could think it was utterly devoid of anything good and in the case of the subject of the OP the worst place in existence.

I didn't think much of the place to be honest Dan, but then I lived in the shitty bits, Romford Road between Stratford and Forest Gate, Mile End . . .

It's okay.

Bangkok's better. Paris . . . now you're talking.

HOLA4416

Really ?

This is pretty-much the view from my office.

Monmouthshire-Countryside.jpg

Could I find that in London ? My quality of life here is superb.

Yes, really.

No it doesn't have wildebeest majestically sweeping across its tundras, or ice bergs eerily floating through its centre. I didn't say it provided all possible environments, I said it had a vast array of environments, I think you may have misinterpreted what I mean by 'environment' - nor did I say it was the best place, the best quality of life. I just said, essentially, that it wasn't ALL shit.

HOLA4417
Guest Noodle

Yes, really.

No it doesn't have wilder beast majestically sweeping across it's tundras, or ice bergs eerily floating through it's centre. I didn't say it provided all possible environments, I said it had a vast array of environments, I think you may have misinterpreted what I mean by 'environment' - nor did I say it was the best place, the best quality of life. I just said, essentially, that it wasn't ALL shit.

Which are your favorite bits and why?

I was only there working so took little notice of much.

HOLA4418

I said it had a vast array of environments, I think you may have misinterpreted what I mean by 'environment'

Sorry, perhaps naively I thought you meant "environment"

London does urban quite well, and suburban with a mixed outcome. I'm not sure it does any other environment especially well.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Sorry, perhaps naively I thought you meant "environment"

London does urban quite well, and suburban with a mixed outcome. I'm not sure it does any other environment especially well.

I was using environments to mean:

Social environments, the natural environment, surrounding conditions, cultural environments, political environments.

These change a great deal as you move across the massive city.

As I explained earlier I didn't say it was brilliant or better than anywhere else, in fact I got no more passionate than 'good and bad'. The OP references it as literally the worst place that has ever existed. I disagree. That doesn't mean I think badly of wherever your view is.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest X-QUORK

Love London and always will. Bigggest mistake of my life was leaving London!

Actually, hate to tell you this but no, the biggest mistake of your life is that avatar.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest PenelopePitstop

Actually, hate to tell you this but no, the biggest mistake of your life is that avatar.

You've been on this forum too long. I seem to recall you liking much more sexual avatars than mine.......hypocrit. :rolleyes:

How's the wife??? :P

IGNORE!!!

HOLA4425

Yes, really.

No it doesn't have wildebeest majestically sweeping across its tundras, or ice bergs eerily floating through it's centre. I didn't say it provided all possible environments, I said it had a vast array of environments, I think you may have misinterpreted what I mean by 'environment' - nor did I say it was the best place, the best quality of life. I just said, essentially, that it wasn't ALL shit.

...do you always write rubbish....?.... :rolleyes:

Archived