House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

World Cup Over

Endles post-mortems on now about every aspect of the whole sorry business.

I watched most games, but I'm damn glad to see the back of it now!

But, you have the beautiful legacy to look forward to. Namely, the EA reports which will say the World Cup unexpectedly led to a fall in demand for houses in the critical summer period in August. That's just in time for the new Premier league season to cause a total collapse due to pent up demand being frittered away on the new home/away replica shirts.

I am glad it is over, probably the worst world cup I have barely watched. The fact that a game of football has to be played is a minor inconvenient sideshow to the w@nkathon for advertisers, sponsors, FIFA and commercial partners. I also look forward to not having South African kids, shanties etc gratuitously flaunted on the screen with a multi million pound stadium filled with multi millionaire pansy footballers as the backdrop.

Guest theboltonfury

Endles post-mortems on now about every aspect of the whole sorry business.

I watched most games, but I'm damn glad to see the back of it now!

Me too. It only served to remind me just what an utter bunch of ***** footballers are.

Robben re-enforced that once more last night.

Was bored of it even when England were still in. Still, took the draw last night at 9/4, so it's not all bad + I bought bookings!

Me too. It only served to remind me just what an utter bunch of ***** footballers are.

Robben re-enforced that once more last night.

Was bored of it even when England were still in. Still, took the draw last night at 9/4, so it's not all bad + I bought bookings!

Agree. I saw 4 games in SA and apart from about 45 minutes in total, the football was very poor.

Must admit, despite the football it was a trip of a lifetime and something I will remember forever. I will take away the positive of 20,000 England fans walking away from a game where we suffered our worst ever defeat in a world cup and to our bitter rivals Germany and not one punch up.. We stayed in town until 1am and people were drinking, singing and partying as if we won.

Something positive the press should have made more of...

Saw a large part of the first England game at a BBQ. Listened to the England v. Germany one on the radio. Listened to the extra time bit of the final on the radio. Other than that, the World Cup has barely registered.

Some lovely embarrassing headlines for my collection though.

15655374.jpg

15655368.jpg

15655373.jpg

post-15379-12789448272942_thumb.jpg

post-15379-12789448441603_thumb.jpg

post-15379-12789448716423_thumb.jpg

I do like the World Cup but this one was sub-standard compared to previous.

Enough has been said about Englands shite performance but I was dismayed at Holland last night, I thought they played a dirty, petulant game and should consider themselves extremely lucky to have only had one player sent off. I personally think that getting in the face of the ref and screaming like Captain Haddock on the piss should be a sending-off offence as it brings the whole game down.

Premiership will kick in soon and it will all be forgotten of course and I'd imagine Rooney et al will miraculously re-discover their form. F*ck the national fans, that's where the money is. <_<

Guest theboltonfury

I do like the World Cup but this one was sub-standard compared to previous.

Enough has been said about Englands shite performance but I was dismayed at Holland last night, I thought they played a dirty, petulant game and should consider themselves extremely lucky to have only had one player sent off. I personally think that getting in the face of the ref and screaming like Captain Haddock on the piss should be a sending-off offence as it brings the whole game down.

Premiership will kick in soon and it will all be forgotten of course and I'd imagine Rooney et al will miraculously re-discover their form. F*ck the national fans, that's where the money is. <_<

This year, it will at least have one less doofus chucking their money at it. Me. I intend to watch my team chance their arm in League 2 as often as I can. The football is shocking of course, but it's fun. And for a few hundred quid a week, those players will run like Forrest Gump on speed.

This year, it will at least have one less doofus chucking their money at it. Me. I intend to watch my team chance their arm in League 2 as often as I can. The football is shocking of course, but it's fun. And for a few hundred quid a week, those players will run like Forrest Gump on speed.

I just cannot be arsed with the Premiership, if I wanted to watch a load of chavs mouthing off and acting the c**t on a weekly basis I'd rent a flat over a Yates Wine Lodge.

The World Cup is the only one I make more of an effort for.

Guest theboltonfury

I just cannot be arsed with the Premiership, if I wanted to watch a load of chavs mouthing off and acting the c**t on a weekly basis I'd rent a flat over a Yates Wine Lodge.

The World Cup is the only one I make more of an effort for.

Indeed. I like the Euro Champs too.

At risk of playing a stuck record, footballers now have the worst reputation than at any other time before, and that is saying something. I think that the feeling is heading towards despise them. As they don't have any sense at all, they won't take the look in the mirror that they need to.

As you say, give it two weeks and when Shrek scores twice against Stoke it'll be 'Roo beauty' and such banal writings. Just to remind society how much we need these people.

Barring England, I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the media eating their words about how unsafe and dangerous SA was reported to be. It only happens every four years, and on that basis I browbeat the missus into not complaining too much when I watched the games, so TBH it was great for me :)

Guest X-QUORK

Yes, World Cup 2010 certainly showed up England as the talentless bunch of Prima Donnas they are.

I also find the usual xenophobia that tournaments like the Euros and the WC bring (especially the Germans) all bit tiring.. Moreover, the over-zealousness of the organisers ruined it a bit as well..not that it was even a particularly good WC...

I think this was an excellent World Cup for the officials. They are not perfect but there were very few incorrect decisions, especially when compared to the scandalous performances in Korea/Japan. Howard Webb's performance in the final was exemplary in extremely difficult circumstances and it's disgraceful that some Dutch players are being critical of him now. An international ban would serve some of them (e.g. Robben) right.

Yes, World Cup 2010 certainly showed up England as the talentless bunch of Prima Donnas they are.

The fans were OK though, as these things go.

Geez, I can't stand Adrian Chiles or James Corden.

Another plus point of this World Cup is the national, prime-time exposure that James Corden got. Now the whole country knows he's relentlessly unfunny. Watching his post-match show was excruciating car-crash TV.