House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScaredEitherWay

Btl, Hmo, Council Tax, Bankruptcy

need some advice as I am confused and unclear about what ESA benefit my partner could potentially receive.

My partner has paid NI contributions for 2 years. Previously claimed JSA and before that Incapacity NI credits. He started full time work in Feb 10 but his health problems have now become so bad that he has no choice but to shortly leave his job and is unable to work.

He has Hypermobility Syndrome, Chronic Fatique Syndrome, and most notably recently found that that he has severe Cervical Disc Degeneration Disease in most of the vertabre in his neck which is extremely painful.

Our Situation:

I currently receive Incapacity Benefit on the Long Term rate.

We are a couple but not married.

No children.

We have no savings. (Recently both bankrupt)

If my partner claims ESA would my benefit effect the amount of money he would recieve?

What amount of benefit could he be potentially eligable for?

Any advice about this would be hugely appreciated

:o Yet 'owned' 15 BTL's.

Edited by beccles

:o Yet 'owned' 15 BTL's.

Yep, that's what they said:

My partner and I previously ran a BTL business which resulted in our recent Bankruptcy. We owned approx 15 properties

Along with:

...amount of CT that totals over £40k!

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

They might get a shock when it comes to the ESA decision as this is a completely different beast from Incapacity Benefit. Some 40% of applicants are deemed fit to work and nearly 40% more withdraw their applications before a decision is made.

Best to keep plugging away though as in a tremendous number (in fact 40% again) of appeals the DWP's decision is overturned.

The pair of them are thickheads trying to scam, hope we get well rid. He's paid only two years NI?

Most unfortunate to have the pair of them too incapacitated to work. What are the odds?

i have a family member who has 4 BTLs took 4 loans out for a deposit on each property

in total £120000 which became his mortgage on his main house, now he is out of work and

yes they are paying his mortgage. <_<

i dont know if anyone has had trouble signing in but i have had to register again.

i have a family member who has 4 BTLs took 4 loans out for a deposit on each property

in total £120000 which became his mortgage on his main house, now he is out of work and

i dont know if anyone has had trouble signing in but i have had to register again.

If his tenants are also receiving government support we have a fantastic circle jerk. WTF is going on?

If his tenants are also receiving government support we have a fantastic circle jerk. WTF is going on?

all his tenants receive government support, he laughs in my face,

That's outrageous. When you sign on they ask if you have other properties/income etc.... I thought that if you had ONE BTL it would exclude you from any basic help ... never mind having his residential mortgage paid (that was actually the deposits for his BTLs).

Every day I learn new ways to be outraged, gobsmacked, stunned ...

That's outrageous. When you sign on they ask if you have other properties/income etc.... I thought that if you had ONE BTL it would exclude you from any basic help ... never mind having his residential mortgage paid (that was actually the deposits for his BTLs).

Every day I learn new ways to be outraged, gobsmacked, stunned ...

sounds a bit illegal then