House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest X-QUORK

England-Hater Mel Gibson

They should get him to do some zany gender-reversal role in a film - it'd be hilarious to watch.

Definitely. Mel Gibson in 'Lethal Apron' perhaps?

She's obviously set him up here, nice woman.

No denying the guy is a tool though. Not that I care.

Still enjoy some of his movies though. He should stay single and immerse himself in his work instead.

Where is the anti-England bit ?

What a raj.

Where is the anti-England bit ?

What a raj.

I think XQ was referring to various movies he has made that are pure, undiluted fiction masquerading as historical fact about Britain, but specifically England, committing atrocities.

Always nice to see Gibson confirm his place in the world as a racist misogynist.

Not safe for work...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=545_1278780011

(Won't embed for some reason)

wow..... Sounds like a real abusive case. So what if she set him up. She must have known he was going to get abusive, that's all. The media is full of ego maniacs. I should know, I used to work in it. You'll find some of the most despicable pondlife in this business.

:lol:

He sounds a bit jealous to me. Why does he hate England?

Not sure - but he is an American-Australian.

Both nations have a shameful history of brutality towards indigenous people. Perhaps he, and others, like to project the faults of their own nations on Britain (specifically England) as something of a distraction. Australians that mistreated Aborigines = 100% British, Australians that bravely discovered and built a democracy = 100% Australian. Americans that mistreated Native Indians and slaves = British, Americans that discovered and built democracy = 100% American.

Australians + Americans = freedom fighters, emancipators, democracy builders, British = evil rapists, killers, torturers etc...

Britain has done enough terrible things, why not blame it for everything else!

I might be wrong though.

Both nations have a shameful history of brutality towards indigenous people. Perhaps he, and others, like to project the faults of their own nations on Britain (specifically England) as something of a distraction. Australians that mistreated Aborigines = 100% British, Australians that bravely discovered and built a democracy = 100% Australian. Americans that mistreated Native Indians and slaves = British, Americans that discovered and built democracy = 100% American.

Australians + Americans = freedom fighters, emancipators, democracy builders, British = evil rapists, killers, torturers etc...

I might be wrong though.

Seems Cecil is still p*ssing him off from beyond the grave.

I'm all for 'freedom vs tyranny' stories - just not ones that warp history beyond recognition and project evil on to the character of people that were nothing of the sort and attribute virtues to those that had none.

I thought Cecil captured the diamond mines and set up the rountables (or whatever they are called). Apparently, his view was that the Empire should be reborn and take over the world to make it a perfect place.

I thought Cecil captured the diamond mines and set up the rountables (or whatever they are called). Apparently, his view was that the Empire should be reborn and take over the world to make it a perfect place.

Why are we talking about Rhodes?

I'm all for 'freedom vs tyranny' stories - just not ones that warp history beyond recognition and project evil on to the character of people that were nothing of the sort and attribute virtues to those that had none.

I don't know but it may have been Kermode who observed, on hearing of the new super-authentic-down-to-the-Aramaic-bogroll Jeebus fillum, "If Gibson's got anything to do with it, Pontius Pilate will be English .. "

I might be wrong though.

Yeh but wasn't it the British (and Spanish and French) that started all that..? If we hadn't colonised these places in the first place. However if we hadn't someone else would have.

Yeh but wasn't it the British (and Spanish and French) that started all that..? If we hadn't colonised these places in the first place. However if we hadn't someone else would have.

For the most part, yes. What's your point?

For the most part, yes. What's your point?

Well the point being your claim that these nations have dreadful reputations for treating indigenous people's. But we created these nations in the first place. Not that I think we have anything to be ashamed of.

He has long term form, doesnt he, for this sort of thing.

BTW, which swearwords from the 'other thread' do you think describe him best. I'm going to pitch in with twunt. Any advance on that?