House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the coming storm

Rude Colleagues Cause Mistakes

I dont think ive ever had a good manager. I guess in their defence they've all been nasty in a equality based way. Except one, who would generally insult the men under her management and let the women get away with murder. Even her husband seemed scared of her if he came into the office.

I dont think ive ever had a good manager. I guess in their defence they've all been nasty in a equality based way. Except one, who would generally insult the men under her management and let the women get away with murder. Even her husband seemed scared of her if he came into the office.

Well I suppose its easy to blame management on everything that goes wrong, but the amount of systems and procedures, tools that are not working and left in messes- and the amount of people who are just not managed effectively - just left at their desks to rot, not encouragement etc. The problem is managers always believe its just a case of working at something - when very often many of the problems are caused by managers who avoided managing anything - Very often problems are caused by situations that are outside a persons job responsibiliy and the manaement just won't try to resolve problems with other departments, clients because it involves them having to stick their neck out, or do some work, therefore they just leave problems to pile up and move on to the next job.

Yeah on the Subject of bad manners at work - I am all for open and honest discussion - this is another problem - real issues and problems are brushed under the carpet - and the frustration builds up and people resort to petty childish bad manners and rudeness.

Guest theboltonfury

Well I suppose its easy to blame management on everything that goes wrong, but the amount of systems and procedures, tools that are not working and left in messes- and the amount of people who are just not managed effectively - just left at their desks to rot, not encouragement etc. The problem is managers always believe its just a case of working at something - when very often many of the problems are caused by managers who avoided managing anything - Very often problems are caused by situations that are outside a persons job responsibiliy and the manaement just won't try to resolve problems with other departments, clients because it involves them having to stick their neck out, or do some work, therefore they just leave problems to pile up and move on to the next job.

Yeah on the Subject of bad manners at work - I am all for open and honest discussion - this is another problem - real issues and problems are brushed under the carpet - and the frustration builds up and people resort to petty childish bad manners and rudeness.

Of course, it's at least as common that just as many employees are just inept shirkers.

Guest Noodle

Seems these days we tolerate rudeness as just part of the day at work, there is a general lack of manners.

and on top of that there seems to an epidemic of people who just don't do there jobs properly particulary bad managers.

Workers with Rude Colleagues make mistakes

Easily dealt with.

Any shit off them, here's my line, quietly, calmly. "If you don't wind your neck in, I'm going to stab you death".

On site we'd kick doors clean off hinges, throw chairs at each other, roll around on the floor beating hell out of each other . . . but that was just because we were brothers.

The death bit was reserved for office staff, like Quantity Surveyors. I had laptop held in the style of a weapon once, ready smash it over this blokes head, then thought, nah, this ones new and it's got 4GB RAM.

One of my boys had a great email technique (once he'd learned how to switch a computer on), reserved for directors. He had an automated response, it just read '****** off'.

The joy of femi-nazism. Ain't life grand!

Rude is not defined, over sensitivity at work is also a problem.

It is ridiculous to imagine that a fast paced working environment is going to be all fluffy bunnies.

How about being in a company where you are told by your abusive md that we are all just one big happy family? Rubbish.

Rude is not defined, over sensitivity at work is also a problem.

It is ridiculous to imagine that a fast paced working environment is going to be all fluffy bunnies.

How about being in a company where you are told by your abusive md that we are all just one big happy family? Rubbish.

The problem becomes when you get abusive back to bosses and MDs - then you can find yourself looking for another job

Guest Noodle

The problem becomes when you get abusive back to bosses and MDs - then you can find yourself looking for another job

Nah.

Me and my old mucker used to have fists raised at each other, bellowing and roaring . . . like a couple of stag.

Best mates.

The more I read of the jobs a lot of people do and the psychological environments they suffer I should stop moaning about having to live on sites in shite. This office stuff is a waste of life, lasted 3 days in an office once.

Finished a 3 year project and had to sit in head office listening to these clowns go on about their next company motor. So after 3 days of this, I got in mine and drove home. 3 months later they were on the phone asking if they could have it back.