House Price Crash Forum
Mrs Bear

Remember 'the Old Bakehouse' In Devon?

We at Imagination Unlimited are in the ideas business:

1. We create ideas

2. We help you to create ideas

3. We help you to select the best ideas and implement them

When we have done that you get a result. It might be what you expected, it might be better than you expected or it might be worse than expected.

You then have a choice to keep doing whatever the ideas was, to stop doing it or to do something different instead.

http://www.businesscreativityandinnovation.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77&Itemid=62

This is revelatory stuff. I'm surprised anything ever got done before there was a Jonathan Blain.

Is it possible to clone him for the benefit of future generations?

... and why aren't the other 2 of his 3 websites operational?

Devon Luxury Cottages

Extreme House Selling

( linkedin )

I think I've a good idea...

By my back of the envelope, this house is about 2100 sqft with no garden to speak of. It'll be interesting to see what it clears for.

It sold for £412k in Aug 2007. Any ideas on the referb? £500k? He may end up only a couple of hundred down.

Expecting millions was just lunacy. I think he's found himself on the very end of the greater fool chain.

It's worse that that. The 412K was him buying out his co-inheritors share. So even before he spent, IIRC a lot more than 500K on it, it was valued at more than it's currently for sale.

And unfortunately for us it's the bank whose the greater fool.

tim

Don't mock, those seafaring skills may well come in very useful for navigating around that living room someday. tongue.gif

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

I AM IN BIG TROUBLE

I AM IN DANGER OF SINKING

'OK SIR - PLEASE STATE CLEARLY YOUR NAME AND POSITION'

'MY NAME IS JONATHAN BLAIN AND I AM MANAGING DIRECTOR OF A VERY SUCCESSFUL COMPANY'

The start of the video reminds me of someone else. Even the voiceover is scarily similar..:ph34r:

Edited by ccc

2/3rds price reduction. I'd be surprised if I didn't see a lot of this in the coming months/ years. It's freaking inevitable. Forget today's asking prices. Look at tomorrows sale prices <_<

Background Information

Thought Leader – Keynote Speaker – Consultant / Mentor to CEO’s and Senior Executives

"An Authority on Unlocking Human and Business Potential"

Jonathan Blain is an explorer, adventurer, and innovator in life and business. He is also a serial entrepreneur and leading business visionary. When it comes to taking on new challenges, both personal and business, Jonathan is at the front of the queue. To Jonathan, taking risks means living life to the full. During his short career commission as a Royal Naval Officer, he became the youngest compliment officer in the fleet. He survived a hurricane in mid Atlantic, arrested fishing boats and took part in search and rescue operations. His personal life has been action and adventure packed, surviving in mountainous seas when his yacht started to break up in the North Atlantic, during the two handed trans-Atlantic race. He also skippered his revolutionary, own designed yacht in the Governors Cup Yacht Race, some 1700 miles from Cape Town to the tiny and remote island of St Helena in the South Atlantic. He has encountered Guerrilla's in the Philippines, survived an ambush in Thailand and visited Iraq when Saddam was in power and the British were bombing, providing the Ministry of Planning with post sanction strategies. He helped the yachtswoman Ellen Macarthur before she was famous and is responsible for the design of the world’s largest sailing ship (which remains as yet un-built).

Ten exiting years with the Mobil Oil Corporation, then the world's fourth largest company gave him a colourful insight into big corporate business in a whole variety of different roles. From the earliest age, entrepreneurship blossomed, but after leaving Mobil, Jonathan caught the entrepreneurship bug seriously. A massive variety of business experiences in a wide range of different business sectors have given Jonathan a unique insight into the challenges facing business leaders. He is frank about his amazing highs and lows; he has made and lost £30 million. He pulled off a £500K joint venture with a Top United Kingdom 100 company and floated 20% of his company for £5.4million, a record IPO on the market. Jonathan also knows a thing or to about tight corners and tough business situations. He has a storybook of personal experiences, which reflects considerable hands on experience at the sharp end. He has spent nearly five years as CEO of a small quoted company.

A realist with a positive outlook on life, Jonathan is an accomplished author with an International Best Seller and ten other books to his name with sales of over $3.8million. He is naturally inventive and creative and has emerged as an inspirational "Thought Leader" in the business world. Making sense of exciting, chaotic and confusing business world and life in general, has led him to a number of interesting discoveries and highly practical solutions. As an explorer he is on a continual quest to make new discoveries and to go where others have rarely gone before. His most recent work has been creating the world’s most comprehensive DVD resource on leadership excellence – The Leadership Master Class Series www.leadershipmasterclass.org and an accompanying book - Short Cut To Leadership Excellence.

As well as being an author and business person, Jonathan is a TV commentator appearing on BBC Breakfast and BBC News 24. He is also a Consultant / Mentor / Keynote Speaker – providing ideas and strategies to leading organisations. Jonathan is a devoted family man. He is married to Jennifer and has three daughters, Talia (3), Xanthe (7) & Kezia (10). They currently live in Henley on Thames in the UK, but travels extensively worldwide. He is determined to make a positive contribution to the world.

I stand by my earlier assertion that the guy is a knob. He's a complete fantasist with a massive ego. Even money for a bankruptcy and a suicide (by drowning probably).

The Sunday Times, July 12th 2009. Got some interesting numbers in here.

link

So, he bought out half (?) for £412k and spent £800k on it, so he's in for £1.6mil with the bank looking for a bid around 6-700k. They'll be after him for the other £1m. Even his wife and mother think he's a knob.

Martin Lamb, head of Savills’ Exeter office, agrees. “We valued the house before Lehman Brothers went down — when the kind of people who bought houses like that left the market,” he says. “Even then, before the renovation, we advised him to sell it on and let someone with experience take the risk.”

If Blain wishes he had heeded that advice, he’s not admitting it. His mother and his wife, Jennifer, said much the same, but he didn’t listen to them, either.

So, he bought out half (?) for £412k and spent £800k on it, so he's in for £1.6mil with the bank looking for a bid around 6-700k. They'll be after him for the other £1m. Even his wife and mother think he's a knob.

This is a man who's made and lost £30m and been a CEO for 5 years! £1m is nothing to someone in his league. :lol:

those 3 achievements are crap tho arent they?

Well, the second achievement suggests the first was not so successful...

That is awesome -ly bad

But I can't be alone in knowing people that would 'buy' that

Another day ruined by that thought in the back of my mind sad.gif

I've realised his sites have some usefulness. If I have a meeting with a potential client who I think might be impressed by semi literate, ********, pseudo contemporary b u l l s h i t, I now know where to go to nick some vacuous nonsense.

I've realised his sites have some usefulness. If I have a meeting with a potential client who I think might be impressed by semi literate, ********, pseudo contemporary b u l l s h i t, I now know where to go to nick some vacuous nonsense.

I can't even say the word Ideation :(

The start of the video reminds me of someone else. Even the voiceover is scarily similar..:ph34r:

Ha ha this is a very entertaining thread. This video is something else.

I like the bit at around 1.50 where he goes about designing a new yacht for LONG DISTANCE cruising. Then he calls it SPRINT :lol:

Ha ha this is a very entertaining thread. This video is something else.

I like the bit at around 1.50 where he goes about designing a new yacht for LONG DISTANCE cruising. Then he calls it SPRINT :lol:

At some point it might be a good idea to section this man.

Can anyone dig out which company he floated with a value of £30m, I assume on the AIM? There's lots of guff in all the press stuff but I can't seem to find what it actually was. I assume it's gone bust which is why the cash ran out.