House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest BetterOffOnBenefits

What Do You Miss About The Past?

Guest BetterOffOnBenefits

I miss the pace of life. Music, TV and films were all better IMO. Now it's all special effects and ultra violence....but when you've saturated the publics thirst for that, where do you go next? Music is unimaginative generic dross (don't even talk to me abotu R&B)

Email! GGGrrrrr - how much easier my job would be without it.

Question: If email didn't exist, would the message still be sent? via a newsletter? phone?

Mobiles - why have we evolved into a nation of finger twitchers who can't leave our mobiles toys alone?

I always find it fascinating that if you go back two decadesish to '89 or '91 and look at films and music they don't look as aged as if you were to go back two decadesish from say 1991 to 1969, the difference then is much more massive.

I always find it fascinating that if you go back two decadesish to '89 or '91 and look at films and music they're don't look as aged as if you were to go back two decadesish from say 1991 to 1969, the difference then is much more massive.

Yeah thats true, how much of that is to do with you age. I mean a teenager looking at film from 1990, how dated would it look to them

Freedom from political correct mis-interpretations

Freedom from over-application of health and safety rules

Freedom from incessant intrusive background noise

Freedom from light pollution

Freedom from intrusive information saturation

Freedom from surveillance in all its forms

I miss peace, quiet and privacy

I miss the pace of life. Music, TV and films were all better IMO. Now it's all special effects and ultra violence....but when you've saturated the publics thirst for that, where do you go next?

Cinema has become dreadful. Passed a cinema this morning. Eight or so movies to choose from, not one I'd watch expect perhaps Predators - which they weren't even showing on a weekend. All the other movies were aimed at shallower members of the 16 to 25 age group. Everything seemed to be made to a corporate budget and strategically marketed with an expected rate of return in mind.

Truth is there are thousands of amazing true life stories that could make excellent movie stories but they don't sell video games.

Cinema has become dreadful. ...

Behaviour in cinemas has become dreadful - there's no guarantee you'll be able to hear or watch it undisturbed these days - lots of graceless chavs acting out. Sad really but I rarely bother these days, unless its for the kids.

great valleys full of giant herds of buffalo, all the food a human being could eat.

Cinema has become dreadful.

Has it?

Haven't been to one for about 30 years. The nightmare of being stuck in an auditorium containing smokers has put me off (probably for life) despite knowing it's not a danger any more.

Some things are better today :)

The future we were all looking forward to! :blink:

Schweinsteiger?

:lol: I'm still absorbing the Deutsche language and that's a new one on me. Does it mean literally that he climbs aboard pigs?

Guest anorthosite

How very dare you.

Oops. Did I go too far? If so, I'm sorry.

Jobbie muncher.