House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There Are Some Seriously Fvcked Up People In The World.

It's the darned YouTube generation. Many were hoping to see a kind of Rambo's last stand scenario, the killer surging forward in slow-mo spraying the police with a shower of machine gunfire before being taken down, filmed from multiple angles on camera phones.

I don't find any of this raoulmoatly funny..

Sad losers.

Seriously, how sad and scummy can people be???

This is actually quite worrying, to be honest.

I'd bet you 90% of them are under 14 and think it's a shoot em up game like GT2 or sumfink.

Guest Steve Cook

Sad losers.

Seriously, how sad and scummy can people be???

This is actually quite worrying, to be honest.

Moat's a psycho. That much is a given. As such, it was bound to end badly for him and whoever was unfortunate enough to be near when it happened.

However, no matter how horribly innapropriate or in bad taste they might be, the comments on that facebook account are indicative of a growing antipathy towards the state. Anyone who is seen to be in oppostion to the state, no matter how much they are on the wrong side of moraility themselves, will cause a growing section of the less well educated sections of our society to cheer them on. The state knows this and is, in my opinion, seeking to send out a clear message to the wider population with this incident,

That message is "Dont f*ck with the state, we are in charge".

Interesting times ahead.....

Or, Steve, they could just be a bunch of scummy, neanderthal, women-hating psychos?

Just a thought.

I just caught up with the news clips on YouTube and they are also riddled with such comments. Impossible for the police to get it right when there is the wave of antipathy towards them, fuelling ever more outlandish conspiracy theories.

Or, Steve, they could just be a bunch of scummy, neanderthal, women-hating psychos?

Just a thought.

Many a man has wanted to kill or hurt his missus and her new bloke, this guy has actually done it.

many a man has wated to have a pop at the uniformed scum who steal from us all, bully us all and call it moral.

moat did that as well.

Moat was a stupid evil dickhead, but it's easy to see why someone would have sympathy with him, I think.

Guest Noodle

Moat's a psycho. That much is a given. As such, it was bound to end badly for him and whoever was unfortunate enough to be near when it happened.

However, no matter how horribly innapropriate or in bad taste they might be, the comments on that facebook account are indicative of a growing antipathy towards the state. Anyone who is seen to be in oppostion to the state, no matter how much they are on the wrong side of moraility themselves, will cause a growing section of the less well educated sections of our society to cheer them on. The state knows this and is, in my opinion, seeking to send out a clear message to the wider population with this incident,

That message is "Dont f*ck with the state, we are in charge".

Interesting times ahead.....

Or more dangerously, the better educated.

Disaffected biochemists, software geeks . . .

In fairness to the police, in the US they wouldn't have waited.

Many a man has wanted to kill or hurt his missus and her new bloke, this guy has actually done it.

many a man has wated to have a pop at the uniformed scum who steal from us all, bully us all and call it moral.

moat did that as well.

Moat was a stupid evil dickhead, but it's easy to see why someone would have sympathy with him, I think.

Actually, no it isn't. Unless that person is as big an evil dickhead as Moat.

Quite. I've never had a single one of my wife's ex-s come after me with a gun and psychpathic intent (indeed, I spent a very pleasant evening with her immediately-prior-to-me boyfriend about 2 months after we started going out). Similarly, I've never given a moments (ill) thought to whoever might currently be with any of my own ex-s. The relationship is over. You dont 'own' the person and you move on. That is what people who arent psycho dickheads do.

You really can't understand why he'd have been angry?

Everything he did was evil. Everything he did was also easily understandable, he wasn't some random psycho, just a guy with a legitimate grievance, no self control or morals and too much testosterone.

And please note I said sympathy, not empathy.

You really can't understand why he'd have been angry?

Everything he did was evil. Everything he did was also easily understandable, he wasn't some random psycho, just a guy with a legitimate grievance, no self control or morals and too much testosterone.

And please note I said sympathy, not empathy.

Yes, it was the sympathy remark I was responding to. The fact that he was angry is irrelevent.

Sorry, I fail to see how anyone could have any sympathy at all for this nutter - if you can then you're as big a tosser as the chavs on that fb group. Not really surprising given the irrational toss you generally post on here.

just a guy with a legitimate grievance

That's where you and I disagree.

So. maybe he had a grievance or two? That justified killing someone and shooting two other people? I have a legitimate grievance everytime someone cuts me up on the road. Shooting people is not the solution to them.

Guest X-QUORK

Why are we discussing some silly teenage FB group? There are far more important things to be irate about.

So. maybe he had a grievance or two? That justified killing someone and shooting two other people? I have a legitimate grievance everytime someone cuts me up on the road. Shooting people is not the solution to them.

Honestly, I knew injin had problems with coming to rational conclusions but I'm coming rapidly to the conclusion that he's seriously unhinged. I suppose the one saving thing might be that he doesn't really believe all the shyte he posts on here.

. Shooting people is not the solution to them.

Oh I dunno about that. Force is one of THE most effective methods to solve disagreements in the history of humanity. Carthage for instance had a nasty disagreement with Rome. Rome applied mass amounts of violence and the problem was solved completely and Rome suddenly got a huge number of slaves as a bonus.

Mao Zhedong and Chen Kai Shek wanted to rule China, a massive shooting war later the issue was resolved.

Yes, it was the sympathy remark I was responding to. The fact that he was angry is irrelevent.

no, it isn't. There is going to be a large segment of the population who have at some time or other felt like doing what he did. But they didn't, being too smart, cowardly, rational, grown up or whatever to act on it. Theres your sympathy right there.

Sorry, I fail to see how anyone could have any sympathy at all for this nutter - if you can then you're as big a tosser as the chavs on that fb group. Not really surprising given the irrational toss you generally post on here.

Sympathy, not empathy.

And also I did say that everything he did was evil, which it undoubtedly was. Guy was a ******ing moron.

It's just very understandable, humdrum evil, he wasn't not some hannibal levter style psychologic kaleidoscope - his missus had dumped him and he'd lost everything due to what he fetl was injustice from the police and then he went off his rocker with rage. Once off his rocker with rage he attacked those he felt had wronged him. All very boring, very easy to understand motivations - and ones probably shared by many (that don't act on such feelings not being emotionally 4 years old.)

I mean really, what's so hard to grasp in that, or why millions wouldn't have similar feelings (but not act on them) in a similar situation?

Guest anorthosite

Oh I dunno about that. Force is one of THE most effective methods to solve disagreements in the history of humanity. Carthage for instance had a nasty disagreement with Rome. Rome applied mass amounts of violence and the problem was solved completely and Rome suddenly got a huge number of slaves as a bonus.

It did, however, put their society on a militaristic path that led to the fall of the Republic.

of course it isn't.

But if you saw someone cut up in the road, you'd understand if they went beserk, right?

Not agree with it, or have empathy for it, but know where they were coming from. it wouldn't be some massively compicated puzzle as to why they had done it, nor would it be beyond the bounds of possibility that some onlookers might even agree with them to some degree, having had similar feelings themselves.

It did, however, put their society on a militaristic path that led to the fall of the Republic.

Yep, violence doesn't work very well or for very long.

See moat for details.

no, it isn't. There is going to be a large segment of the population who have at some time or other felt like doing what he did. But they didn't, being too smart, cowardly, rational, grown up or whatever to act on it. Theres your sympathy right there.

Sympathy, not empathy.

And also I did say that everything he did was evil, which it undoubtedly was. Guy was a ******ing moron.

It's just very understandable, humdrum evil, he wasn't not some hannibal levter style psychologic kaleidoscope - his missus had dumped him and he'd lost everything due to what he fetl was injustice from the police and then he went off his rocker with rage. Once off his rocker with rage he attacked those he felt had wronged him. All very boring, very easy to understand motivations - and ones probably shared by many (that don't act on such feelings not being emotionally 4 years old.)

I mean really, what's so hard to grasp in that, or why millions wouldn't have similar feelings (but not act on them) in a similar situation?

Bullsh1t. The rest of society don't do these things because they have no desire to kill people. You're also wrong; there is virtually no segment of society who have at one time felt like doing the same. A tiny number of highly deranged people but hardly any when it comes down to it. A larger number ma have actually thought about such a scenario but that doesn't mean they actually fel like doing it. If you really think there is then you need phsychological help mate.

Guest Noodle

of course it isn't.

But if you saw someone cut up in the road, you'd understand if they went beserk, right?

Not agree with it, or have empathy for it, but know where they were coming from. it wouldn't be some massively compicated puzzle as to why they had done it, nor would it be beyond the bounds of possibility that some onlookers might even agree with them to some degree, having had similar feelings themselves.

Injin's correct.

There's no long mental journey here if you step away from your faux emotions for a moment.

Pissed off people will try and compare the anger in themselves to that of this guy Raoul Moat, they just don't act it out. Perhaps that hit a pillow instead.

of course it isn't.

Again this is just so much balls mate. I would certainly not understand why they did it. I understand that some people do do these things but I fail to see why they actually do.

Like I said, if you think that it's perfectly rational to actually have sympathy for this guy then you are as screwed up and unhinged as they are. I have no sympathy fr this fool at all and I would hope that no one I knew did.

Guest Noodle

Bullsh1t. The rest of society don't do these things because they have no desire to kill people. You're also wrong; there is virtually no segment of society who have at one time felt like doing the same. A tiny number of highly deranged people but hardly any when it comes down to it. A larger number ma have actually thought about such a scenario but that doesn't mean they actually fel like doing it. If you really think there is then you need phsychological help mate.

Half the world is close to boiling point, most of the time. Thankfully 99.9999999% of them only act it out in their heads, many vocally and a few on internet forums.