House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woot

Can Any Twitcher \ Photo Buff Types Advise Please?

I'm looking to buy one of these nesting boxes with a built in camera for my parents, but there are several on the market and I could do with advice. I think wireless would prob be easiest to install, but otherwise prob have no opinion. Can anyone advise please?

spy cam nesting boxes?!

Never even knew such a product existed, but a camera & wifi connection suck up a lot of electric, too much for a piddly pv cell to supply so unless you spending a fair whack you will end up running cable for the power and it isn't too much extra effort to put some cat down at the same time.

Or go with wifi if you don't access to any cable and crimpers, it will work out cheaper than buying the crimpers.

spy cam nesting boxes?!

Never even knew such a product existed, but a camera & wifi connection suck up a lot of electric, too much for a piddly pv cell to supply so unless you spending a fair whack you will end up running cable for the power and it isn't too much extra effort to put some cat down at the same time.

Or go with wifi if you don't access to any cable and crimpers, it will work out cheaper than buying the crimpers.

Hi

Thanks for the advice. This is the kind of thing that's on the market:

Odd-Box-Nest-Box-Kit-Wired_1.jpg

The folks have blue tits that nest on a wall that is not adjacent to their house, so I though wi-fi might be best, however I'd not really though through the power you mention. I wonder if the birds would be encouraged to a different wall by a nice-looking nesting box?!

(Don't know much about birds btw!)

That would do far more to support bird life than buying a nesting box...

'55 million birds killed by cats in the UK every year':

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/news/cats-birds.html#cr

Cats kill an estimated 55 million birds in Britain every year and such predation could be contributing to long-term declines of garden birds like House Sparrows.