House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moyersy

Map Of Bankruptcies In England And Wales

bankruptcygraph.png

This is a map of the number of bankruptcies and IVAs in each county, available in more detail from R3 here.

Is there a correlation with anyone's expreience of prices?

Aye.....Its grim up North!

Truth is the F.I.R.E Ecomery is out, roof falling in & nothing can stop what is about to hit!

Mike

Not just grim up north. There are dark red bits everywhere. Look at Plymouth and parts of Devon .... Plymouth is poor, but a lot of Devon was "rich bugg4h/2nd home country", so that lot might be gamblers ... er 'savvy investors'

I wonder why there are some areas that they have no data for.

Not just grim up north. There are dark red bits everywhere. Look at Plymouth and parts of Devon .... Plymouth is poor, but a lot of Devon was "rich bugg4h/2nd home country", so that lot might be gamblers ... er 'savvy investors'

Please compare this graph with the interactive graph here (the image reminded me of it :) ):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7789997.stm

I'm not worthy to interprit such a large amount of data but I thought it might give some clues. The slider ranges from 2005-2010, it may well be biased, as it is from the BBC; but even if so, as a relative graph it is quite good.

Hehe. Yes, Plymouth is on the poor side: pay is low, house prices are low too. West Devon is a mixed picture: pay is rather low, house prices much higher (around national average, but interestingly rents are lower than Plymouth), and seems to be one of the worst areas too. Then there's the South Hams - desirable and much more expensive again (the biggest concentration of rich buggers), but it seems not so very much better.

I expect low-pay-high-house-prices has something to do with it, and that much of Cornwall would look pretty deep red too, if data were shown.

Seems coastal towns are the only real correlation I can find in the data. High house prices, low incomes as has already been said. It's a shame that there's no way to break down bankruptcies by business-related, and overspending.