House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmaRoid

Things That Shouldn't Be Stressful But ****** Me, They Are

It's said that divorce and moving house are 2 of the most stressful things you can go through. I can't speak for divorce but I've recnetly moved house and it didn't seem too bad. It certainly pales into insignificance compared to taking my wife to the airport. It shouldn't be a problem at all, all the rules are laid out, what you can and can't do, should and shouldn't take so why do some people make it so hard?

You've had 3 months to get ready so why are you still packing your case at home 20 mins after you should have left for the airport? You know how much luggage you can take so why do you get your case up to the weight limit and then stuff it some more? You know that your airline always asks you to pay for excess luggage so why do you try to check-in with overweight bags? And then stand at the check-in desk like a hobo with all your personal possessions in plain view trying to move things between bags in a completely futile exercise when the obvious answer is to LEAVE SOME ******ING SHIT BEHIND. And then once you've managed to check in your bags, you can't close your hand luggage as you've tried stuffing your overweight possessions in there instead and you've now got 2 pieces of hand luggage instead of the one piece that you've been told about all along and last but not least having flown so many times since 2006 when the rules came in, are you surprised when they won't let you take a drink through security as you think that because its your 2 y.o. son's it'll be ok.

Jesus H ******ing christ and I wasn't even travelling. I am soooooooooooooooooooo glad I get the pleasure of travelling by myself.

*and breathe*

Guest theboltonfury

It's said that divorce and moving house are 2 of the most stressful things you can go through. I can't speak for divorce but I've recnetly moved house and it didn't seem too bad. It certainly pales into insignificance compared to taking my wife to the airport. It shouldn't be a problem at all, all the rules are laid out, what you can and can't do, should and shouldn't take so why do some people make it so hard?

You've had 3 months to get ready so why are you still packing your case at home 20 mins after you should have left for the airport? You know how much luggage you can take so why do you get your case up to the weight limit and then stuff it some more? You know that your airline always asks you to pay for excess luggage so why do you try to check-in with overweight bags? And then stand at the check-in desk like a hobo with all your personal possessions in plain view trying to move things between bags in a completely futile exercise when the obvious answer is to LEAVE SOME ******ING SHIT BEHIND. And then once you've managed to check in your bags, you can't close your hand luggage as you've tried stuffing your overweight possessions in there instead and you've now got 2 pieces of hand luggage instead of the one piece that you've been told about all along and last but not least having flown so many times since 2006 when the rules came in, are you surprised when they won't let you take a drink through security as you think that because its your 2 y.o. son's it'll be ok.

Jesus H ******ing christ and I wasn't even travelling. I am soooooooooooooooooooo glad I get the pleasure of travelling by myself.

*and breathe*

There is a constant in my life.

Anytime we are about to go on holiday or to my parents house, my mrs turns in to a hysterical nightmare - bossy, whiny, screamy. So much so that as we approach departure time, often I'd rather be setting off with Pol Pot.

Guest Noodle

*and breathe*

:D

Taking the old woman home . . . one weekend.

Thursday . . . 14 hour site day.

Friday AM (early) . . . drive Maidstone to Weston-super-Mare.

Pack bags

Friday PM (lunch) . . . drive WSM to Heathrow.

Friday PM (tea time) . . . get on plane.

Saturday afternoon . . . Bangkok.

Sunday night . . . Bangkok to Heathrow.

Monday 8pm . . . Maidstone, back in the site office working to catch up.

Guest Noodle

Not all bad, she was forced to leave 2 packets of crumpets behind, so its tea and crumpets all round.

Where is she going? How have you been let off?

Where is she going? How have you been let off?

She's pissed off for the summer as is her want. I'll be joining her in a few weeks but for the time being I'm home alone.

home-alone1243399120.png

Guest Noodle

She's pissed off for the summer as is her want. I'll be joining her in a few weeks but for the time being I'm home alone.

home-alone1243399120.png

Oh goodie! You can order pizza and stuff.

Anytime we are about to go on holiday or to my parents house, my mrs turns in to a hysterical nightmare - bossy, whiny, screamy. So much so that as we approach departure time, often I'd rather be setting off with Pol Pot.

:lol:

Has this only happened since your son arrived?

I used to love getting ready to go away. Now we have kids just the sheer mention of the P word causes me to have a nervous breakdown. It's like moving house but being told you have to get everything in a Ford Transit.

With the promotion of hand luggage only......one lady had two blouses on, a cardigan, two jackets and a lap top in the inner pocket...rather hot with today's temperature...new policy of don't pack it wear it. :blink:

She's not hysterical, just oblivious to ollowing any of the guidelines you're expected to follow. I don't know if its because she's a woman or a dirty foreigner, I really don't

Oh goodie! You can order pizza and stuff.

Done that already. 33 portions of booze and a pre-packed pizza. I've let myself down, I've let you down and I've let my family down. Cider fffs, I don't even like cider.

With the promotion of hand luggage only......one lady had two blouses on, a cardigan, two jackets and a lap top in the inner pocket...rather hot with today's temperature...new policy of don't pack it wear it. :blink:

Been there done that too. You'd think that eventually the penny would drop with some people.

Guest Noodle

Done that already. 33 portions of booze and a pre-packed pizza. I've let myself down, I've let you down and I've let my family down. Cider fffs, I don't even like cider.

No get stuck in. I want to see at least 20lbs weight gain before she gets back.

Guest theboltonfury

:lol:

Has this only happened since your son arrived?

I used to love getting ready to go away. Now we have kids just the sheer mention of the P word causes me to have a nervous breakdown. It's like moving house but being told you have to get everything in a Ford Transit.

Yes, you know what, it has. She is self confessed OCD but anything involving taking toddler stuff more than ten yards involves full scale meltdown.

No get stuck in. I want to see at least 20lbs weight gain before she gets back.

I've had my new bike for a week too and it looks great hung up on the wall :lol:

Guest Noodle

I've had my new bike for a week too and it looks great hung up on the wall :lol:

Ahhhh! It was you with the new bike!

I remember now.

Mine is used thrice daily, minimum 10 miles. Seriously, get out and give it a go. Within a couple of weeks your legs don't feel it, you just peddle and it doesn't hurt and you go faster and faster and round and round . . .

I overtake people riding mopeds now.

Which results in the usual pointing 'Falang!' and . . . laughter.

Ahhhh! It was you with the new bike!

I remember now.

Mine is used thrice daily, minimum 10 miles. Seriously, get out and give it a go. Within a couple of weeks your legs don't feel it, you just peddle and it doesn't hurt and you go faster and faster and round and round . . .

I overtake people riding mopeds now.

Which results in the usual pointing 'Falang!' and . . . laughter.

I shall be out in the morning, can't be arsed today, had a nap instead.

Guest Noodle

I shall be out in the morning, can't be arsed today, had a nap instead.

*sigh* :(

Ahh, yes. I HATE THAT SITUATION. Seen it several times. Those *******. And then they stand there, holding up the queue, trying to argue the toss that they shouldn´t have to go to excess baggage with their ******ing surfboard or golf clubs or suitcase bomb or whatever the massive hoard of crap they´re trying to put on the plane is.

Yes it's strange isn't it. Our last holiday left me losing the will to live.

I'm sure holidays aren't supposed to have that effect. For five minutes we were divorced :lol:

Guest theboltonfury

Yes it's strange isn't it. Our last holiday left me losing the will to live.

I'm sure holidays aren't supposed to have that effect. For five minutes we were divorced :lol:

We are brethren. As you've experienced what I'm talking about, you have my eternal compassion.

Then, as soon as she boards the plane, she turns into sweetness and light again. I just think 'what the ****** was all that about?' and have a drink.

She's not hysterical, just oblivious to ollowing any of the guidelines you're expected to follow. I don't know if its because she's a woman or a dirty foreigner, I really don't

Been there done that too. You'd think that eventually the penny would drop with some people.

Anyone that doesn't like Cider isn't scratching their balls enough whilst they drink it.

Guest Noodle

Its been a long day and for a man who puts the pro into procrastination, we'll call it a day.

Tomorrow.

Guest Noodle

So, Noodle.

I have a bike. It's a quite old Mountain bike with road tyres. I want to use it to get fit.

Any tips? Just ride?

Peddle. And steer. And use the brakes when needed. Then peddle.