House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
housespider

Tesco To Sell Houses For £10,000

What will this company think of selling next?

Somebody's going to have to flog off all those 2000s BTLs when they get repossessed, might as well be Tesco.

Up to a few days ago there was an extra 20% off with the right code. Not bad considering they were already cheaper than Argos.

The couple in Bath on 'Homes from Hell' last night should have done it the Tesco way as the UK is only habitable for 4 months a year.

I think the use of the word "house" is a bit of a stretch... wendy house maybe.

And did you click on the links to the comparably cheap houses?

The one bed flat in Wrexham for 23K looks liveable in, but the detached house in Cartmel for 10K is actually someone's derelict cow shed (A pity because the location’s likely to be stunning).

Though mostly they are holiday homes or boarded up slums

tim

Donkey's years ago, in the rural area in which I grew up, a family bought a large shed with big windows and put it in their garden feet from the back door for the wife's mother to live in. It had a sort of kitchen corner, though I think she had to use the bathroom in the house.

The council said it wasn't fit for human habitation, so when the inspector came round they had to take the bed out and say the old lady lived in the house, claiming that the shed was just a summer house and that they liked to be able to make a cuppa without walking three or four feet to the house kitchen!

Once the inspector had departed they put the bed back and that's where she lived. I don't know how long for - I was only young and years meant nothing to me.