House Price Crash Forum

5 Live On Halifax Figures And House Prices Now

HOLA441

As much as we want prices to go down, if you'd bought in 2003/2004 and overpaid, you'd have a large proportion of the mortgage paid by now.

No denying that.

It seems inevitable that prices have to slip soon though.

Really? Isn't it the case that the early years of a repayment mortgage are mostly paying interest, with the principal being reduced mostly in the later years.

HOLA442

Bl00dy hell!! JD gets really annoyed!! - But I don't blame him.... That slippery silver-tongued EA is so full of sh t.... :rolleyes:

You can really hear the bias at the start - that lady who starts the piece is loath to state that house prices are going down....

48.40mins in - here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sykvw/Tony_Livesey_08_07_2010/

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA443
HOLA444

Bl00dy hell!! JD gets really annoyed!! - But I don't blame him.... That slippery silver-tongued EA is so full of sh t.... :rolleyes:

You can really hear the bias at the start - that lady who starts the piece is loath to state that house prices are going down....

48.40mins in - here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sykvw/Tony_Livesey_08_07_2010/

JD is irritated by the BBC bias and ignorance....and less so by our friend mr EA from Cheshire...who is the original Tory Boy (Richard Reed)...awful little oiler

HOLA445
HOLA446

The most annoying person on this was the EA - typically slimy and ill informed. People like this guy are DANGEROUS as they will help the uninformed make the worst decision in their lives possibly leading to financial ruin.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Really? Isn't it the case that the early years of a repayment mortgage are mostly paying interest, with the principal being reduced mostly in the later years.

Absolutely. The first five years wouldn't make a significant dent in the money owed. It is mostly interest. On a 25 year mortgage, you will have paid back around 13% by end of year 5 (13.25% principal in fact). So not a sizeable amount as was stated.

People make the mistake of thinking the interest is spread evenly as is paying back the loan itself. That then leads to statements such as the poster who believed after five years you would have paid back a sizeable amount of the original loan. Not so.

HOLA449

as for his predictions of 30% by the end of the year or even by the end of next, I think he's dreaming...

You're the one who's dreaming. He said 2-4 years!!! HPCers are so good at twisitng facts - just like EAs.

HOLA4410

As much as we want prices to go down, if you'd bought in 2003/2004 and overpaid, you'd have a large proportion of the mortgage paid by now.

No denying that.

Totally denying it. Look at the stasts. Very few Cap and Ints for many years.

HOLA4411

I used to respect and admire JD for his media interviews.

Having listened to his most recent efforts, I`m beginning to think he has lost the plot. I even posted here a day or two ago, that I thought he should "calm it down a bit".

He needs to employ his surgical knife, rather than his sledgehammer.