House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest spp

Extend & Pretend

Guest spp

EXTEND & PRETEND: Stage I Comes to an End! The Dog Ate my Report Card

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/guest-post-extend-pretend-stage-i-comes-end-dog-ate-my-report-card

Some NOT so nice charts included.

The housing market is rolling over as fully expected and predicted by almost everyone except the White House and its lap-dog press corp.
What happens next? It is either one of the following alternatives, which future political policy decisions and actions will determine.

1. An accelerating Velocity of Money will bring on inflation in the items we “need to have” versus the things we think “we want”. It will be a time of PROTECTING your wealth from the ravages of inflation or possibly hyperinflation. It is important to appreciate, and contrary to popular perception, it isn’t solely the printing of money that will bring on elevated inflation. It is also the result of a stealth supply shock in basic necessities coupled with a demand shock associated with population.

2. If the government is not successful in its reflation efforts, then we can expect a dramatic sell-off in financial assets. The market will retest and break through the 2008 lows of 666 in the S&P 500. It will be a time to PRESERVE your wealth from the onslaught of asset devaluation

Stage I of Extend & Pretend is over – RIP!

Guest spp

Option 1 will suit them, they are CB's they only do one thing!

Mike

I agree. How they pull it off is the big Q!