House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie The Tramp Returns

Beyond Satire: Divided Belgium Is European Union Prototype

Now a non-country leads the EU superstate. :rolleyes:

Nigel Farage says Belgium’s rudderless presidency of the European Union is fitting for a fake exercise in democracy.

The West European nation does not have a proper head of state but is still allowed to hold the rotating presidency of the EU. Belgium’s acting Prime Minister, Yves Laterme addressed the European Parliament in Strasbourg on Tuesday.

Following his speech, the former UKIP leader said: "Belgium is an artificial construct as a nation, and a prototype for the equally artificial nation of the European Union. Of course, in the Brussels madhouse, failure of the prototype is no reason to not rush into the mass production of 'ever closer union'.

"We now have a President of the European Union who has no electoral mandate, and, worse, no country to lead as Belgium begins to disintegrate into its constituent parts. The President who is supposed to continue guiding Europe on its path to 'ever closer union' has proved unable to hold together a nation of 11 million people.

"What I find particularly sad is that amongst the assembled MEPs, only UKIP and our fellow travellers opposing the EU can see the irony."

The EU has no rudder....will it be even be noticed? bouncing from one party to the next, the gravy train is in full swing.

The EU has no rudder....will it be even be noticed? bouncing from one party to the next, the gravy train is in full swing.

The real opposition in the European Parliament consists of just 33 MEPs out of a total of 736 MEPs.

The European Parliament (EP) is the only directly elected EU institution and, as such, is seen as giving democratic legitimacy to the EU. However, it does not have the powers of a normal national parliament in that it cannot propose new legislation: it can only accept, reject or put forward amendments to laws proposed by the Commission.

Most of the legislation from the Commission is simply rubber stamped by the EP. :rolleyes:

Beyond satire. Nigel Farrage. The million-a-year expenses worthless scrounger. If it wasn't my money it would be amusing.

Beyond satire. Nigel Farrage. The million-a-year expenses worthless scrounger. If it wasn't my money it would be amusing.

Ha Ha I`ve been waiting for your visit, you appear to be a committed Europhile living in France just attacking the anti EU group and Farage in general. Do you happen to work for the EU. :rolleyes:

So the other MEPs can have their gravy as long as dear old Nigel doesn`t. :D

BTW learn to spell his name correctly. :P

Nigel's right, the EU is a gargantuan ******-up. Let's hope its finally collapses and dies over the next decade.

Linky?

Nigel's right, the EU is a gargantuan ******-up. Let's hope its finally collapses and dies over the next decade.

100% agreed. The eussr is a complete joke. Democracy my ar5e. It's run by a bunch of pen pushing bureaucrats with small willies who crave power. Because they've got small willies.

Fat chance of that happening. It's like a steamroller heading toward its final solution.

I think, nay, hope, that you're wrong. More and more people are seeing it for the joke that it is and it cannot last much longer without support of the general populace, no matter how much it thinks it doesn't need the backing of the general populace to survive.

Linky?

Your Link

The Freedom and Democracy Group in the EP consists of 33 MEPs, if the UKIP MEPS got what they are there for they would all lose their jobs, just for the benefit of non frog.

Here`s a family who disgust me, ginger mop actually sacked their Chief Accountant for whistle blowing the corruption.

THE Kinnock family have made a fortune from the European gravy train.

Former Labour leader Neil, 67, was an EU Commissioner until 2004 and now gets a £63,900-a-year pension.

He also had a £270,000 payout.

MEP wife Glenys, 64, gets a £57,000 salary plus about £100,000 a year in expenses.

She steps down this summer.

Daughter Rachel, 33, was her researcher. And son Stephen, 35, spent eight years working for the British Council in Brussels.

Your Link

The Freedom and Democracy Group in the EP consists of 33 MEPs, if the UKIP MEPS got what they are there for they would all lose their jobs, just for the benefit of non frog.

Here`s a family who disgust me, ginger mop actually sacked their Chief Accountant for whistle blowing the corruption.

Thanks. For a minute there I thought someone said Nigel took a million a year!

Thanks for the link.

In the interests of solidarity you can add the Welsh spongers you don't like to my list of ****s :D

Your Link

why should any MEP or anyone else "GET" expenses....this payout is to cover EXPENSES...its shouldnt be income.

IIRC MEPS can`t refuse these expenses, if one MEP was allowed to it would cause an outcry from the other MEPs. Farage I believe once made a donation to charity from his expenses and was fined by the EP for doing it.

Was not the £2 million he received cover the total period he has been an MEP?

The Guardian an europhile newspaper hates Thatcherites like Farage. ;)

Guest happy?

IIRC MEPS can`t refuse these expenses, if one MEP was allowed to it would cause an outcry from the other MEPs. Farage I believe once made a donation to charity from his expenses and was fined by the EP for doing it.

Was not the £2 million he received cover the total period he has been an MEP?

The Guardian an europhile newspaper hates Thatcherites hypocrites like Farage. ;)

Corrected.

Linky?

100% agreed. The eussr is a complete joke. Democracy my ar5e. It's run by a bunch of pen pushing bureaucrats with small willies who crave power. Because they've got small willies.

I think, nay, hope, that you're wrong. More and more people are seeing it for the joke that it is and it cannot last much longer without support of the general populace, no matter how much it thinks it doesn't need the backing of the general populace to survive.

Winky Linky?

In May 2009, The Guardian reported that Farage had said in a speech to the Foreign Press Association that over ten years as a member of the European Parliament he received and spent nearly £2 million of taxpayers' money in expenses and allowances, on top of his £64,000 a year salary.[12]The former Europe Minister, Denis MacShane, said that this showed that Farage was "happy to line his pockets with gold". Farage called this a "misrepresentation",[13] pointing out that the money had been used to promote UKIP's message, not salary, but he welcomed the focus on the issue of MEP expenses, claiming that "[o]ver a five year term each and every one of Britain's 78 MEPs gets about £1 million. It is used to employ administrative staff, run their offices and to travel back and forth between their home, Brussels and Strasbourg."[14] He also pointed out the money spent on the YES campaign in Ireland by the European Commission was "something around 440 million", making the NO campaign's figure insignificant in comparison.[edit] Good for Nigel..... highlighting the excess that the eussr piggy wiggies indulge in. 440 Million quid spent by the eussr on making sure they get a "yes" vote! And if it was no (as it was the first time) they just keep asking the question again! Funny how they didn't bother to ask again after they finally got a "yes" vote (paid for with 440 million quid). Bunch of tossers, all of them. With small willies. Or no willies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Farage

Potty Brussels pen-pushers handed more than £160,000 to a dance group who perform "spectacular belching" and "smelly foot" jigs.

The taxpayers' cash was given to the London-based Flying Gorillas troupe who use "rhythm, music and gibberish” to "explore friendship and tolerance".

Another £166,849 went to help a German street theatre group build a "large dragon which can breathe fire and small smoking volcanoes on wheels".

And a staggering £400million was paid out in grants to projects around the world about which no details have been released because they are described as "Confidential".

The Sun