House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

Took A Chance.

I was proceeding along a local A road, big wide and empty and I saw a police camera van.

I have always considered that if you are caught for speeding you were not paying enough attention to go that fast anyway.

so I eased back the throttle and accelerated to just shy of 100 mph.

Not fast enough for a ban, but fast enough for a ticket and summons.

You see, I have been trying to persuade the local police force to investigate "income non verified" Mortgage fraud for over two years with no luck.

I havent even managed to get put through. I have evidence, statistical evidence that I have posted before on here.

My theory is that if the Police know about this fraud but refuse to take action then they are ignoring a crime that is making them (as home owners) richer.

I have contacted the Police complaints authority about this and they were not interested.

Lets see how interested the press might be if I stand in court and say that I am unable to respect the authority of the Police in this matter as they are guilty of profiting from crime by being complicit to a fraud.

I am guessing I may look like a prat and get a few points and a fine..

But it should be funny.

and hell, I am a professional man without debt and I can afford the insurance premiums..

I am also fed up of trying to buy a home and having to compete with some moron willing to pay a fortune and borrow 9 times their salary..

:)

Edited by apom

And an order to pay prosecution costs...but good luck!

I admire your intentions, but I'm afraid that as you are aware, the police just aren't interested in 'difficult' crime, which they have to investigate and which there is no media pressure to pursue. I doubt the local press will be that interested either unfortunately. :(

I admire your intentions, but I'm afraid that as you are aware, the police just aren't interested in 'difficult' crime, which they have to investigate and which there is no media pressure to pursue.  I doubt the local press will be that interested  either unfortunately. :(

technically an officer guilty of crime has no authority,...

technically I should get away with it..:)

Afraid I don't have much faith in it working either.

I rented a property off a guy who, it turned out, didn't own it or have the authority to rent it. Neither, obviously, would he repair it.

This is actually a criminal offence.

I phoned the police and they thought it was ever so funny.

Earning a bit on the side.....naughty and all that.

Pointed out that if I nipped down to my local PO with a gun and asked them to hand over 5k how funny would that be? Now THAT apparently would be very serious, shouldn't even joke about that.

The problem is that by ignoring these crimes the police are encouraging crimes of this nature. By the same token they are increasing legislation to grab the man in the street for the easy stuff. Keeps their crime figures down whilst letting real crime run rampant.

Don't have much time for the police.

Not that I am a big fan of him but in "Bowling for Columbine" Mike Moore had a point when he gave the cops curry for not doing F-All about polution :) And I loved his parody of "Cops" where he chased down white collar criminals.

The difference between white collar and blue collar crime is that White collar criminals get more money and are far more likely to get away with it. Blue collar "honest" crooks get less and are likely to be persued. I think that the difference is that one is more "exciting". I used to be shacked up with a copper. She was telling me all about a guy they caught who had records of all the drug deals that he had done. He'd earnt himself $75k in 6 months tax free. When I pointed out that they could call the tax office to nail him on evasion she got all cranky pants. What would I know? I'm not a cop :angry: FFS at least I know that the tax office would have persued him for the tax he owes. Apparently you are supposed to pay tax on illegal activities as well :blink:

Snap poll - Do I use " " to often? :ph34r:

Not that I am a big fan of him but in "Bowling for Columbine" Mike Moore had a point when he gave the cops curry for not doing F-All about polution  :)  And I loved his parody of "Cops" where he chased down white collar criminals.

The difference between white collar and blue collar crime is that White collar criminals get more money and are far more likely to get away with it. Blue collar "honest" crooks get less and are likely to be persued. I think that the difference is that one is more "exciting". I used to be shacked up with a copper. She was telling me all about a guy they caught who had records of all the drug deals that he had done. He'd earnt himself $75k in 6 months tax free. When I pointed out that they could call the tax office to nail him on evasion she got all cranky pants. What would I know? I'm not a cop  :angry: FFS at least I know that the tax office would have persued him for the tax he owes. Apparently you are supposed to pay tax on illegal activities as well  :blink:

Snap poll - Do I use " " to often?  :ph34r:

Not really, although for most of the "" words I would use italic or single quote instead.

I was proceeding along a local A road, big wide and empty and I saw a police camera van.

I have always considered that if you are caught for speeding you were not paying enough attention to go that fast anyway.

so I eased back the throttle and accelerated to just shy of 100 mph.

Not fast enough for a ban, but fast enough for a ticket and summons.

You see, I have been trying to persuade the local police force to investigate "income non verified" Mortgage fraud for over two years with no luck.

I havent even managed to get put through. I have evidence, statistical evidence that I have posted before on here.

My theory is that if the Police know about this fraud but refuse to take action then they are ignoring a crime that is making them (as home owners) richer.

I have contacted the Police complaints authority about this and they were not interested.

Lets see how interested the press might be if I stand in court and say that I am unable to respect the authority of the Police in this matter as they are guilty of profiting from crime by being complicit to a fraud.

But it should be funny.

and hell, I am a professional man without debt and I can afford the insurance premiums..

I am also fed up of trying to buy a home and having to compete with some moron willing to pay a fortune and borrow 9 times their salary..

:)

Sadly fraud cases are long, complicated, expensive and have a low conviction rate compared to speeding cases that pay for themselves...the police as revenue generators!

Sadly fraud cases are long, complicated, expensive and have a low conviction rate compared to speeding cases that pay for themselves...the police as revenue generators!

True,., and realistically I hope they didn't catch me..

but like all of us I think I got the red mist.. Thought that if I am not to be able to be protected under the law then.. well ..

thats when my clear thinking went..

Hope they had no film..

do they need film...?

Did they only catch me from the front wher eI had no registration plate.. (bike)

oh dear..

anyway.. have you contacted your MP's yet..

They can help..

well they could..

True,., and realistically I hope they didn't catch me..

but like all of us I think I got the red mist.. Thought that if I am not to be able to be protected under the law then.. well ..

thats when my clear thinking went..

Hope they had no film..

do they need film...?

Did they only catch me from the front wher eI had no registration plate.. (bike)

oh dear..

anyway.. have you contacted your MP's yet..

They can help..

well they could..

Aren't a lot of the cameras digital nowadays so no film involved?