House Price Crash Forum
AvidFan

Obama About To Speak On Economy

Double exports by 2015. I just heard it.

Double!

Devaluation, I say. Devaluation.

Export what? more jobs to India and China

US Double exports surely = Dollar crash

Dollar crash = hyperinflation = gold to the moon = gold restrictions = buy property (bugger)

My thoughts exactly. They're on the bubble / devaluation rollercoaster now, like the UK has been since 1945.

My thoughts exactly. They're on the bubble / devaluation rollercoaster now, like the UK has been since 1945.

If the Euro is being devalued and Sterling and the Dollar........................ :huh:

You have collective devaluation and that means, shhhhhhhhhh, dee ee eff.............

Edited by Realistbear

Dollar crash = hyperinflation = gold to the moon = gold restrictions = buy property (bugger)

Before we get overexcited, shouldn't we ask ourselves whether it is worth believing any word he says?

is he sorting out the ponzi pensions

methinks some are going to lose it soon - enough is enough

link

Having, myself, spent nearly two decades meeting with municipal pension committees, I saw that the incapacity to pay future pensions, already evident in 1988, grew to mathematically insolvable proportions. Most cities and states, as well as the media reports about those entities, are so far short of understanding the depth of this cavern that they are examples of Bernankeism. (Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke: "U.S. households have been managing their personal finances well." - June 13, 2006)

To remain solvent, bloated pension benefits need to be cut severely. This is not being considered. News stories of public sector pension cuts are mostly aimed at future employees or future service of current employees. There are stories of concessions being made by current retirees that will reduce current benefits, but this is not clear, short of reading the new contracts.

As we enter the sinking-lifeboat period, imagination is constricted. Consumers of municipal services are expected to bear the burden. This assumption will spark revolts. The reduction in public services is already an annoyance. Consistently decreasing non-government income is more than an annoyance. Private income in the U.S., which excludes federal, state and local pay, fell 5.4% from the third quarter of 2008 to April 2010.

There are municipalities where property tax rates have been doubled recently to absorb the deficit. It is at such moments when taxpayers remind municipal boards that all government revenue comes from the taxpayers. Tax strikes in the past, such as in Chicago from 1928 to 1931 and again in 1977, succeeded.

Before we get overexcited, shouldn't we ask ourselves whether it is worth believing any word he says?

I think O'Bama is reasonably honest. As far as the economy goes--in the morning its doom and gloom and by afternoon someone has reported that someone says there is no double dip.

So WTFK.

Recovery was confirmed today though:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-07/u-s-retailers-sales-increase-most-in-four-years-overcoming-job-concerns.html

Retailers' Sales Rise Most in 4 Years, Overcoming Job Concerns

By Cotten Timberlake - Jul 7, 2010

Email Share Print

U.S. retailers’ sales are growing at the fastest pace in four years, a sign consumers may be overcoming concern about unemployment and depressed home values.

Edited by Realistbear

Wealth doesn't come from fuelling bubbles and paper gains.  I just heard Obama say it.  I'm deeply shocked now :o

It does for the bubble blowers!

He's saying they'll double exports. He means they are going to steer the dollar into peak oil and let inflation do the dirty work.

5-6% persistent current account deficits means a 50% devaluaton.

He's never going to say that...

Edited by AvidFan

So he's spouted some words. Whats the verdict? Are we any wiser?

Devaluation starting shortly before 2014. Well underway by 2014 and catastrophic by 2015.

Will that do you?

He's saying they'll double exports. He means they are going to steer the dollar into peak oil and let inflation do the dirty work.

cost push inflation has never paid off anyone's debts. not sure why you think it would help?

cost push inflation has never paid off anyone's debts. not sure why you think it would help?

Halving the dollar wouldn't cause 50% cost push inflation. Their labour would be 50% cheaper, even if materials prices doubled.

Hence, earnings per capita in nominal dollars would increase.

Deficit in goods and services reduced.

Twas ever thus.

cost push inflation doesn't exist, it's a headfake that thieves made up so you will sit still and get reamed.

Fixed.

Annnnd -

PRINTY PRINTY!

Edited by Injin

Halving the dollar wouldn't cause 50% cost push inflation. Their labour would be 50% cheaper, even if materials prices doubled.

Hence, earnings per capita in nominal dollars would increase.

Deficit in goods and services reduced.

Twas ever thus.

you implied that peak oil was going to be the means to 'generate inflation'. My point was that that kind of inflation doesn't help.

also, how can they devalue the dollar by 50% when ranged against other developed nations doing the same thing? they can't devalue it by fiat.

Guest spp

Export what? more jobs to India and China

Debt?

If the Euro is being devalued and Sterling and the Dollar........................ :huh:

You have collective devaluation and that means, shhhhhhhhhh, dee ee eff.............

Please don't say this means some Gold/Silver for you RB. We'd all need to start considering our positions!