Index Value: 4,948.48
Trade Time: 2:09pm
Change:
+124.95 (2.59%)
European shares turn positive as banks gain
14:05, Wednesday 7 July 2010
LONDON (
Reuters
) - European shares turned positive on Wednesday afternoon in a choppy session, with banks paring losses on optimism that results from impending stress tests may not be as bad as feared.

Up almost 6% and soon back over 5000. Much more than simply "they go up and they go down." These are major moves based on some suspicious circumstances. Why the optimism about the banks? Done deal already among the CBs that everything is contained?

Edit:

WTF? :blink:

FTSE 100( FTSE: ^FTSE / ISIN GB0001383545 )

Index Value: 4,953.79

Trade Time: 2:21pm

Change: 11.21 (0.23%)

Edited by Realistbear

Change:
+124.95 (2.59%)
LONDON (
Reuters
) - European shares turned positive on Wednesday afternoon in a choppy session, with banks paring losses on optimism that results from impending stress tests may not be as bad as feared.

Up almost 6% and soon back over 5000. Much more than simply "they go up and they go down." These are major moves based on some suspicious circumstances. Why the optimism about the banks? Done deal already among the CBs that everything is contained?

Edit:

Modest fall today.

Have you been on the sherry ?

Aaaah, just seen your edit.

Edited by Fishman

Modest fall today.

Have you been on the sherry ?

I feel like I should. The first set of data off Yahoo (aha--there's the problem) showed a massive rise. Must be burping yesterday's euphoric rise?

BLACK WEDNESDAY !!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sadly, we might not see another "black" day again now that the recovereh is entrenched. Optimism abounds with the banks passing the stress tests in a few days/weeks from now and the US not really having a double dip. Austerity in this country is just a state of mind as the economy continues to expand and HPI regains its lost momentum due to rumours of a downturn. This is a green light for stocks so pile on in there and make your fortune as its all up from now on!

guys, I have a viewing at 5pm. Asking price is 149.950. Considering the wide gap between asking prices and selling prices, what offer should I make?

If you are North of Watford-- 20% off.

If you are in the SE you might get 5% off.

very professional, thank you

Us British are shit at negotiating. We're far too polite.

Just remember, it's YOUR money (well the bank's but it's your debt) you're spending.

South west, Devon, Exeter

IF your market has been buoyant recently 10% might be best you will do. I am waiting for more bad news to sink in as everything is looking rosy right now with stocks up, sentiment up, sterling up, lending up, retail sales up, car sales up, growth estimates up.......

IF your market has been buoyant recently 10% might be best you will do.  I am waiting for more bad news to sink in as everything is looking rosy right now with stocks up, sentiment up, sterling up, lending up, retail sales up, car sales up, growth estimates up.......

I know. This freaks my out a bit as I can't see the recovery anywhere. Why have we seen so many good news recently? :blink:

Change:
+124.95 (2.59%)
LONDON (
Reuters
) - European shares turned positive on Wednesday afternoon in a choppy session, with banks paring losses on optimism that results from
impending stress tests
may not be as bad as feared.

Edit:

'Stress tests'. Is this the latest buzz-phrase?

who designed these 'stress tests'?

Didn't some French lassie come out with a statement a few days ago that she was confident that the banks would pass these 'stress tests'.

Confident? Or she just knows that these 'stress tests' have been designed in such a way that should similar principles be applied to the 'Comet' design it would still be in service and Boeing would have gone to the wall years ago.

South west, Devon, Exeter

I live in exeter ..Westcountry, la la la. etc...Crazy prices here don't you think?

What part of exeter are you looking?

I know. This freaks my out a bit as I can't see the recovery anywhere. Why have we seen so many good news recently? :blink:

I really do not know.

The underlying news is bad if the double dip is for real and it seems that it is.

In the meantime everything else is showing positive from car sales to M & S sales. From houses to stocks. The only things going down at the moment, and not by much, is gold and the US $--which suggests that the market is seeing a recovery and no need for flight to safety.

The FX is even optimistic on sterling because of the austerity measure disregarding, apparently, what it will do to unemployment, growth and just about every other indicator there is.

If all of the positive news is for real there is NO CHANCE OF A HPC this or next year.

I live in exeter ..Westcountry, la la la. etc...Crazy prices here don't you think?

What part of exeter are you looking?

Exwick or St. Thomas, this side of the river anyway.Prices r stupid, asking prices for an average small 3b is around 160k

Edited by LittleSteroid

I really do not know.

The underlying news is bad if the double dip is for real and it seems that it is.

In the meantime everything else is showing positive from car sales to M & S sales.  From houses to stocks.  The only things going down at the moment, and not by much, is gold and the US $--which suggests that the market is seeing a recovery and no need for flight to safety.

The FX is even optimistic on sterling because of the austerity measure disregarding, apparently, what it will do to unemployment, growth and just about every other indicator there is.

If all of the positive news is for real there is NO CHANCE OF A HPC this or next year.

Yes, but it just does not make any sense. You can feel it!

Exwick or St. Thomas, this side of the river anyway.Prices r stupid, asking prices for an average small 3b is around 160k

I know. Personally, I'm sitting it out for another year but good luck!.

make sure you go to the viewing with as much information as you can get, have you checked nethouseprices to see when it was last sold and for how much?, checked propertybee for any price drops?

DOW flying up again as buyers are betting on recovery and that the double dip might just be a rumour:

NEW YORK (
AP
) -- Stocks rose Wednesday, a day after the Dow Jones industrial average broke a seven-day losing streak.
Traders are still cautious about the
strength of an economic recovery
but are engaging in modest buying to look for beaten-down stocks. The latest slide had pushed the Dow down 13 percent from its 2010 high in late April.
With no major economic reports due, investors looked to the government's weekly report on jobless claims Thursday. Retailers also will report monthly June sales results on Thursday. T
he reports could provide a spark for stocks because high unemployment and slowing consumer spending remain the biggest obstacles to a stronger rebound

:blink::blink::blink:

Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI: ^DJI)

Index Value: 9,852.91

Trade Time: 10:40AM EDT

Change: 109.29 (1.12%)

DOW flying up again as buyers are betting on recovery and that the double dip might just be a rumour:

It has proven to be so.

Goldman Tells Clients To Ignore "Controversial" Bad News, Sees 1.6% (Precisely) Recession Chance

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/goldman-tells-clients-ignore-controversial-bad-news-sees-16-precisely-recession-chance