House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Design Guru

Liverpool - Irwell Chambers L3 - Crazy Drops?

What's going on here?

mustbesold.com are listing six flats in Irwell Chambers, Liverpool L3 to be sold on 21 July.

The guide prices are from £35K to £40K, but the flats originally sold in 2008 for £200k plus.

One actually went for £271K...

Has Liverpool's property market really collapsed to such an extent?

Or is there something dodgy with this specific building?

I would love to hear from anyone who has any more knowledge on these properties.

What's going on here?

mustbesold.com are listing six flats in Irwell Chambers, Liverpool L3 to be sold on 21 July.

The guide prices are from £35K to £40K, but the flats originally sold in 2008 for £200k plus.

One actually went for £271K...

Has Liverpool's property market really collapsed to such an extent?

Or is there something dodgy with this specific building?

I would love to hear from anyone who has any more knowledge on these properties.

link? :rolleyes:

That is only the guide price from the auction, not an estate agent's asking price. The final price of the apartment could end up being around 200K still. (Unlikely I know).

it is the GUIDE PRICE - not the start price of the auction - so no, it would be very very strange for the final price to be 5 times the guide price

it is the GUIDE PRICE - not the start price of the auction - so no, it would be very very strange for the final price to be 5 times the guide price

A quick search on Rightmove shows flats going for £55k, non-auction.

That is only the guide price from the auction, not an estate agent's asking price. The final price of the apartment could end up being around 200K still. (Unlikely I know).

Fully aware that this the guide price... but I know that other Liverpool properties go pretty close to guide at auction.

I have "local" info now, which perhaps explains the extreme drop.

As the flats were only developed in 2008, their condition can't be that bad.

However, despite its proximity to the city centre, it appears that neighbourhood has developed a reputation as a stronghold for the travelling community.

Fully aware that this the guide price... but I know that other Liverpool properties go pretty close to guide at auction.

I have "local" info now, which perhaps explains the extreme drop.

As the flats were only developed in 2008, their condition can't be that bad.

However, despite its proximity to the city centre, it appears that neighbourhood has developed a reputation as a stronghold for the travelling community.

nope! The holding company went bust so there is NO management agency or freeholder which means that the property will go to rack and ruin! Part of the inside is held up on props anyway so you wonder how structurally safe it is. Means that no-one has responsibility if the roof falls down or leaks develop because there is no overall responsibility for the property. You could buy one of these and the place fall down . If someone does buy the freehold they could slap you with a MASSIVE charge to repair the building -imagine how many 10's of thousands that would be! Noone is touching it with a barge pole at the moment - they cant give them away.....