House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest theboltonfury

I Need To Give Up This Forum

Guest theboltonfury

Today, I have so many things to do. I have to write out a tonne of lessons, transcribe stuff, and generally do my job.

Instead, I am on this bloody forum. Unable to put it down for no reason. I seem to be more interested in how Quork's argument is developing than my livelihood. I know neither Quork nor the chap he is in disagreement with. That's frankly pathetic and I am ashamed.

Dangerous times.

Today, I have so many things to do. I have to write out a tonne of lessons, transcribe stuff, and generally do my job.

Instead, I am on this bloody forum. Unable to put it down for no reason. I seem to be more interested in how Quork's argument is developing than my livelihood. I know neither Quork nor the chap he is in disagreement with. That's frankly pathetic and I am ashamed.

Dangerous times.

Me too, and whats worse, I'm addicted to Facebook as well. :o

Guest X-QUORK

Dangerous times.

In all seriousness, I know exactly what you mean. I've been trying to cut down a bit this week.

Dangerous times.

If you were born near Chequerbent that would explain it. Addictive personalities like me.

Guest theboltonfury

Me too, and whats worse, I'm addicted to Facebook as well. :o

Some evenings after I've finished work and we get to spend some time together, I sit with my laptop seeing what piffle is coming on to the forum. Instead of seeing how my bird. To be fair, at the moment, I'm blaming the World Cup.

It's only got about 15 regular users and we DO NOT KNOW EACH OTHER!!

Get a grip Fury.

Guest theboltonfury

If you were born near Chequerbent that would explain it. Addictive personalities like me.

Central Italy. Is that near?

Some evenings after I've finished work and we get to spend some time together, I sit with my laptop seeing what piffle is coming on to the forum. Instead of seeing how my bird. To be fair, at the moment, I'm blaming the World Cup.

Get a grip Fury.

Simple. We need to organise an HPC Piss up. Then at least we would know each other. You never know, it could put us off forever.

Get a grip Fury.

Got over 423 friends on F/B. Indeed I'm addicted to getting friends almost at the risk of having my account blocked. I wish they would block it. I even feel sad/angry/upsetif someone "unfriends me." I DONT EVEN KNOW THESE PEOPLE!! Some "friends" even want to meet me and that can never happen as there is no way my real persona can match up with my online one. :lol: Help! :lol:

Guest theboltonfury

Simple. We need to organise an HPC Piss up. Then at least we would know each other. You never know, it could put us off forever.

Strangely, I would be up for that. It's possibly the only way I could justify the time I spend here.

Otherwise, I may as well take up World of Warcraft. That is not a route I wish to take.

Guest theboltonfury

Got over 423 friends on F/B. Indeed I'm addicted to getting friends almost at the risk of having my account blocked. I wish they would block it. I even feel sad/angry/upsetif someone "unfriends me." I DONT EVEN KNOW THESE PEOPLE!! Some "friends" even want to meet me and that can never happen as there is no way my real persona can match up with my online one. :lol: Help! :lol:

Crumbs. What a loser!!! :lol::lol:

I understand.

You need to take a holiday, like I did - after the first couple of weeks, it's easy. You dont even think about logging back on.

Then, 6 months later, you accidentally find youself logged back on and...... bugger, it happens all over again!

Although you will be amazed how little has changed in your absence. The biggest change I have noticed is that all the OT trolls seem to have wandered off (have they gone back to the main forum, or gone off to troll elsewhere?)

I have had one of those classic "stuck" things. A bit of work that is so bloody hard I keep doing a bit and then looking for an alternative and this has been ideal.

Finished it now. Phew. Like a weight has been lifted.

It's one of those difficult accounting things that separates the men from the boys. Nobody finds it easy and the day you can't do it say hello to the slide down.

I understand.

You need to take a holiday, like I did - after the first couple of weeks, it's easy. You dont even think about logging back on.

Then, 6 months later, you accidentally find youself logged back on and...... bugger, it happens all over again!

Although you will be amazed how little has changed in your absence. The biggest change I have noticed is that all the OT trolls seem to have wandered off (have they gone back to the main forum, or gone off to troll elsewhere?)

I managed to kick HPC a few weeks back for a few days, however that was only because Facebook had "taken over." Then there was just one Doctor Who thread in Off Topic, and I was back on the "booze" again! :lol: Maybe we can sue HPC, like the tobacco co's get sued. Some kind of "class action lawsuit!" :P

Guest theboltonfury

I understand.

You're right. On holiday, I don't even think about it.

Did you conciously decide to quit for a bit? You said you had a nasty accident.

Lots of expats would struggle to make it.

Sure, you could do without most of us, but a piss-up without Noodle? Be serious.

You're right. On holiday, I don't even think about it.

Did you conciously decide to quit for a bit? You said you had a nasty accident.

Yeah, I had an accident and a nastier operation at about the time I started my holiday, but that, if anything, might have kept me on more.

No, what kept me off was not being able to log on because my password/username somehow got buggered, and the password recovery thing didnt seem to work. After several aborted tries to recover the password and not being able to find how to contact an admin without being logged on I just sort of gave up and got a life. Then the other week, I was randonly skimming the edges of HPC and managed to 'pop-up' an email address for admin, so I emailed them and they told me to change to the old site 'skin' and I'd be able to log on again. And lo, I did.

Bugger.

I know where Chequerbent is!

My HPC activity has tailed of markedly since the election. I still look in but have other things on the go.

I would only meet up if we could guarantee not to see each others faces and not to communicate verbally. A bit like the internet in fact, only with the possibility of the odd waft of body odour and the occasional menacing presence.

Guest Skinty

I found that I naturally managed to quit it for about three months from December 2008. I moved out of the small bedroom in my parents house back up to Scotland doing a job I enjoyed. What's more, I was sick of the forum because renterbob had been stalking me and coming down hard on me whatever I said. But then it occurred to me one day that if I was going to give up on the forum I wasn't going to do it because of renterbob. So I didn't post anything except respond to him when he started trolling again. He hated it and finally put me on ignore (me putting him on ignore didn't work as he would just carry on smearing my name regardless). After that I could start posting normally again. I think he finally got banned in the end anyway.

I would only meet up if we could guarantee not to see each others faces and not to communicate verbally. A bit like the internet in fact, only with the possibility of the odd waft of body odour and the occasional menacing presence.

Isn't there that restaurant that is all run in the pitch black? That would do it.

Guest theboltonfury

I know where Chequerbent is!

My HPC activity has tailed of markedly since the election. I still look in but have other things on the go.

You must be one the oddballs with a life!

I actually have a life. That's why I don't understand what the attraction is here.

Yeah, I had an accident and a nastier operation at about the time I started my holiday, but that, if anything, might have kept me on more.

No, what kept me off was not being able to log on because my password/username somehow got buggered, and the password recovery thing didnt seem to work. After several aborted tries to recover the password and not being able to find how to contact an admin without being logged on I just sort of gave up and got a life. Then the other week, I was randonly skimming the edges of HPC and managed to 'pop-up' an email address for admin, so I emailed them and they told me to change to the old site 'skin' and I'd be able to log on again. And lo, I did.

Bugger.

The "pushers" got you hooked again on their crack. Bustards! :lol:

Thats a good idea. We could turn up in hoodies and balaclava's. But seeing as HPC meets usually get the Terror Squad on high alert it might end disastrously!