House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
izzy

Yahoo Property Price Predictor

Rather amusing with the "your house will go up by X% over the next 5 years"

Followed by:

"Type in the value of your home now to see what it will be worth in 5 years time"

Followed by muppet typing in stupid value of current home and seeing pound signs lighting up in front of their very eyes.............

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Just playing with Yahoo Property Price Predictor and got a rather rosy prediction of an increase of 8% for a detached house in mid-Essex for 5yrs time.

Wonder what they base this prediction on?

http://www.propertyprices.co.uk/ppp/web/yahoo.asp

That Property Predictor is well dodge. I worked that out the first time I tried it, and couldn't see the point after that. I thought though it was nice to see balanced coverage by the HPC people in giving this tool along with the rest.

Guest Bart of Darkness

My council flat is due to go up 15.6% in the next 5 years.

Surely shome mishtake? :blink:

Surely shome mishtake?  :blink:

Well I am rather hoping that your council flat goes down by 30% since that is still the only thing I think I will be able to afford (and anyway, you got the discount and I want a cut!!!)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Surely shome mishtake?   :blink:

No mistake, the councils will have to buy back housng stock to rehouse the homeless. Demand = Higher Prices in that sector. We all know LAs are free with council tax payer`s money. <_<

Edited by Charlie The Tramp

No mistake, the councils will have to buy back housng stock to rehouse the homeless. Demand = Higher Prices in that sector. We all know LAs are free with council tax payer`s money. <_<

This is actually not fair. Its not the Council's fault. Thatcher made them do it - and then kept the receipts. Councils lost a lot through right-to-buy and had absolutely no choice in the matter.

Edited by Elizabeth

LA's are free with council tax payers money no doubt. They have, however, now washed their hands of dircectly housing the homeless and would prefer to pay landlords to do it instead.

LA's are free with council tax payers money no doubt.  They have, however, now washed their hands of dircectly housing the homeless and would prefer to pay landlords to do it instead.

Again not fair. They don't have the stock because Thatcher and crew made them sell it off at a 30% discount and kept the receipts, so there was nothing to replace it with. Of course the only people with any sense who bought were the ones living in the good properties (the 4 bedroom terraces etc.). The Councils were lucky enough to keep a hugely reduced resource with a lot of really crappy old stock in it and not a lot of 4 bedroom terraces.

Edited by Elizabeth

Guest Charlie The Tramp
LA's are free with council tax payers money no doubt.  They have, however, now washed their hands of dircectly housing the homeless and would prefer to pay landlords to do it instead.

Sadly the PC run councils have not, there has already been talk and maybe it is now happening that councils were buying stock in the private sector to house asylum seekers due to their legal obligations, so why not for the homeless repossessed. You can bet NuLabour will okay that.

Here's an out-of-date calculator (circa 2000) for working out how much your dot com investments will be worth in five years time (scroll down):

http://arnoldkling.com/~arnoldsk/bubble.html

Just an old calculator.

essentially this is the peak turing into what I am convinced is innevitalbe.

and I am not a hopeful man. I am a pragmatist....

The economic trends of the price cycle has swung further this time..

it will take time in this confused period for things to change.

We see the press now agreeing..

I still will wait now.. annoyed that it will take time to bottom out.

We are the educated in economic truths..

we get to feel a little smug when those who called us niave struggle with their now pointless debt.

massive pointless debt..

actually I feel bad for them..

But for the first time in a long time I feel good for me..

Again not fair.  They don't have the stock because Thatcher and crew made them sell it off at a 30% discount and kept the receipts, so there was nothing to replace it with.  Of course the only people with any sense who bought were the ones living in the good properties (the 4 bedroom terraces etc.).  The Councils were lucky enough to keep a hugely reduced resource of the really crap old stock.

In my experience (dealing with some housing law issues) LA's would rather pay someone to manage properties than deal directly with issues themsleves. Ok, so the right to buy legislation forced them into this situation, but it means that LA's are no longer equipped to deal with a large housing stock. This has mean't that they have sought to sell it off as quickly as possible, to those willing to buy.

The problem with this is (in my experience) is that it engendars a sense of disregard for some of those with priority housing needs.

Sadly the PC run councils have not, there has already been talk and maybe it is now happening that councils were buying stock in the private sector to house asylum seekers due to their legal obligations, so why not for the homeless repossessed. You can bet NuLabour will okay that.

Don't think this is happening yet. Hopefully they will wait for the HPC and snap up a few little bargains :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Again not fair.  They don't have the stock because Thatcher and crew made them sell it off at a 30% discount and kept the receipts, so there was nothing to replace it with.  Of course the only people with any sense who bought were the ones living in the good properties (the 4 bedroom terraces etc.).  The Councils were lucky enough to keep a hugely reduced resource with a lot of really crappy old stock in it and not a lot of 4 bedroom terraces.

The councils were gutless with the bitch many licking her boots. ( great idea Margaret )

Did you know that the building of LA properties in the 60s and 70s were financed on 60 year loans. The sale of stock was originally up to a 70% discount according to length of tenure which later was dropped to 38k max. So you as a CTP will be paying those debts unil 2020-2030, when the sale of their stocks could have greatly diminished those debts. Poor forced councils, total humbug, they were in it up to ther necks. :angry:

Edited by Charlie The Tramp

What a crock of shite!!!!!

Havent been able to sell property in my street coz the last one sold in March 2004 for £155K - they have been put on the market starting at £275 and reduced to £215K and STILL not selling so how the phuck does Yahoo predict a rise.

BULL Attitude = BULL SHIT!!

Guest Bart of Darkness
No mistake, the councils will have to buy back housng stock to rehouse the homeless.

Or use some of the many shoebox "luxury" appartments being built in our city centres.

At the moment there seems to be plenty of my kind of flat (1 bed) empty on my estate. Few people buy them (I haven't) so the vast majority are still in council ownership. They don't seem to maximise their use properly though. In my block of six, two flats have been empty for many months.

Well I am rather hoping that your council flat goes down by 30%

I would think that is a much more likely prospect.