House Price Crash Forum
miser

How Can The Boe Let Inflation Run Out Of Control?

How the hell is the commitee on the BOE going to ever get taken seriously after all this is over.It seems to me that they dont seem to give a damn about the obvious path this is going to take us down now.

It seems that inflation is steaming out of control more than possible.Remember that the gauge of inflation is only supposed to include stuff that they all know is well below any fluctuation.Even given the biased items that they want to measure inflation by things are running well past any projected level that they have predicted.

Oil is only going in one direction as is the cost of most essentials nowadays.We all know that interest rates need to be a lot higher to start sorting this mess out.Gordon has to go sticking his fingers in where they are not wanted and the bias that is now evident and has been suspected for some time is beyond doubt.

How the hell is the commitee on the BOE going to ever get taken seriously after all this is over.It seems to me that they dont seem to give a damn about the obvious path this is going to take us down now.

It seems that inflation is steaming out of control more than possible.Remember that the gauge of inflation is only supposed to include stuff that they all know is well below any fluctuation.Even given the biased items that they want to measure inflation by things are running well past any projected level that they have predicted.

Oil is only going in one direction as is the cost of most essentials nowadays.We all know that interest rates need to be a lot higher to start sorting this mess out.Gordon has to go sticking his fingers in where they are not wanted and the bias that is now evident and has been suspected for some time is beyond doubt.

That's too simplistic. High oil prices can be very deflationary, particularly if they lead to a recession.

That's too simplistic. High oil prices can be very deflationary, particularly if they lead to a recession.

Well thats where this whole thing is going isnt it? Is there anybody left who honestly thinks that some sort of recession is avoidable? I suppose you are one of the deluded majority that thinks that a gradual slowdown of the economy is still possible.The whole mind-set of your type just does not want to honestly see what is really happening around you?

I suppose you are one of the deluded majority that thinks that a gradual slowdown of the economy is still possible.The whole mind-set of your type just does not want to honestly see what is really happening around you?

Tell me, because I'm intrigued. How on earth did you judge "the mindset of my type" by the few words in my reply??

I think we are getting set up for a European rescue membership.

Same as last time, but in reverse.

cunning. And I wouldn't put it past him.

So maybe some good will come of this after all! :P

think we are getting set up for a European rescue membership.

Same as last time, but in reverse.

don't they have to call a referendum before taking such action ? I thought most polls showed we can't stand our EU neighbours ('specially those froggy gits) so Joe Public will put the kiss of death on that one !

Edited by sign_of_the_times

don't they have to call a referendum before taking such action ? I thought most polls showed we can't stand our EU neighbours ('specially those froggy gits) so Joe Public will put the kiss of death on that one !

Yes, but think dire economic circumstances, sick man of Europe and all that, a re-run of the economic miracle that was to result from joing the Common Market.

If you put peoples' house and job in doubt they will vote for anything.

Edited by BuyingBear