House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tonkers

Catching Raoul Moat

They seem to be closing in, do you think the boys in blue will get him today?

They seem to be closing in, do you think the boys in blue will get him today?

If the boys in blue had a shred of competence, then yes.

Sadly, Raoul Moat is being hunted by the same bunch who freed him in the knowledge he was a violent criminal, who was a danger to his ex-girlfriend, and yet didn't take any steps to monitor his whereabouts. So, no, they probably won't get him today.

This chap could have been apprehended if the Police carried guns. Same with the cumbrian killer.

Will there be clamour for the Police to routinley carry guns?

This chap could have been apprehended if the Police carried guns. Same with the cumbrian killer.

Will there be clamour for the Police to routinley carry guns?

With a bit of luck there will be a clamour for joe public to carry guns.

Right now this loon is wandering around a weaponless population, pumped up on test, desperate and armed.

On a related subject, the police are going to kill him as the preferred option, if they can possibly manage it.

Still not got him. Do we need to call Taggart or Lewis? Or if he has gone Rambo, Team America? Jesus, I bet this guy will sign on tomorrow without being caught.

Judging from american versions of this the killer will be found by police, fire at them and then get shot shortly afterwards a few miles from the intial contact.

It will be an Asda car park instead of a Wallmart parking lot though.

Plod, true to form, have arrested the victims...the two hostages Moat took, according to the BBC.

Im sure theyll charge the wounded Traffic officer with negligence by nightfall.

If I was living round there I would be tapping the nearest pc on the arm and ask if they could put me up somewhere nice one hundred miles away for a week, thank you very much.

At least he is keeping his Facebook status updated. Jack Regan had nothing like this in the 1970's. I submitted a "friend" request but not had it confirmed yet.

At least he is keeping his Facebook status updated. Jack Regan had nothing like this in the 1970's. I submitted a "friend" request but not had it confirmed yet.

"GUNMAN LINKED TO HOUSE PRICE WEBSITE".

Right now this loon is wandering around a weaponless population, pumped up on test, desperate and armed.

On a related subject, the police are going to kill him as the preferred option, if they can possibly manage it.

Do you have evidence that armed maniacs get taken down by the general public in countries where the Public are allowed to own guns? Every time I see some crazy tw@t going Postal on TV he either dies by his own bullet or gets snipered by the cops. Plenty of innocent people seem to get killed by the general public, just not many nut jobs.

Guest anorthosite

For someone who has declared war on the police, he's doing a very good impression of Switzerland.

I'm not impressed.

"GUNMAN LINKED TO HOUSE PRICE WEBSITE".

:lol: There are no connections linking my Facebook and HPC profiles! :lol:

Don't think they will get him today..he will pull up the drawbridge.

they will Keep trying though.

If the boys in blue had a shred of competence, then yes.

Sadly, Raoul Moat is being hunted by the same bunch who freed him in the knowledge he was a violent criminal, who was a danger to his ex-girlfriend, and yet didn't take any steps to monitor his whereabouts. So, no, they probably won't get him today.

they're still looking for bin laden!...don't get your hopes up.

well if his assailees were able to carry guns too,this would have been concluded rather more quickly.

as it stands,the only people that tend to wield firearms are trained police and criminals.

we could make it trained police,criminals and resident owner occupiers just to level the playing field a bit.

would probably have less hassle with all those poxy N-power cold-callers too!

Still not got him. Do we need to call Taggart or Lewis? Or if he has gone Rambo, Team America?

Detective Inspector Frost

"The series is set in the [not as ] fictional [as you might have been led to believe] Midland town of Denton..." wiki

they will Keep trying though.

Buttress-assured they will, if the statement Redoubt by Det Ch Supt Adamson is anything to go by. However, they haven't caught him Yett and if he makes it to an air-Port-cull-is off.

My hunch is that he got out of there while the police had turned all their attention to his "hostages". Apparently he knew the area very well indeed.

Apparently he was upset he lost his business (dealing drugs with a bit of tearing down trees on the side) his house (self employed self cert liar loan) and his underage punching bag/girlfriend. Oh, and he was in prison for beating up a kid. Real man.

And he thinks he's the victim.

Bless. Probably a labour voter. Sounds like a hardworking family man up to his neck in debt.

well if his assailees were able to carry guns too,this would have been concluded rather more quickly.

as it stands,the only people that tend to wield firearms are trained police and criminals.

we could make it trained police,criminals and resident owner occupiers just to level the playing field a bit.

would probably have less hassle with all those poxy N-power cold-callers too!

Aye, one armed nutter is clearly the wrong number.

Probably a labour voter. Sounds like a hardworking family man up to his neck in debt.

Looks like 0.5% base rate doesn't help everyone...

Boom boom boom, party like its 2.0.0.5

I got my house and my X5, in my big drive

Thanks to the Labour government and their infinite credit line

Pop went the bubble, 2.0.0.8

My mind cannot comprehend the infallible hate

Thanks to the Labour government I now live off the state