House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Concrete Jungle

Fox Attacks

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/07/06/kids-see-fox-kill-their-chihuahua-115875-22385332/

Two children watched in horror as a fox snatched their pet dog from the garden and killed it.

The fox grabbed two-year-old chihuahua Princess by the throat and ran off with her in its jaws.

Dad-of-three Toby Khanna, 38, gave chase as it leapt a 4ft fence.

In a grim tug-of-war, he managed to wrestle Princess from the fox's mouth, but it was too late to save her.

Tony had just returned from drop ping son Jake,13, at school when he let Princess out into the garden of the family home in Poole, Dorset.

He and his other children India, five, and Thor, four, were stunned when the fox bolted out of long grass. Tony said: "We heard a yelp and Princess was gone. I chased the fox into a neighbour's garden and managed to grab Princess by the legs. The fox finally let go, but Princess was lifeless. The kids are heartbroken."

The fox had been visiting Tony's garden for weeks, although 6lb 7oz Princess bravely chased it out the first few times. He said: "She was a brave little thing - she just didn't really realise how small she was."

And foxes are branching out into tree climbing. Ken Thompson saw one "the size of an alsatian" perched on a branch in his garden at St Albans, Herts.

Ken, 71, said: "It scanned the area then wriggled down like a snake." His wife Dot is now too scared to leave the back doors open. Ken said: Foxes are becoming a menace. They seem fearless."

The menacing, dangerous killing machines must be stopped.

wo children watched in horror as a fox snatched their pet dog from the garden and killed it.The fox grabbed two-year-old chihuahua Princess by the throat and ran off with her in its jaws.
Well its only natural..
Dad-of-three Toby Khanna, 38, gave chase as it leapt a 4ft fence.In a grim tug-of-war, he managed to wrestle Princess from the fox's mouth, but it was too late to save her.
Just daft, the dog is dead as soon as the fox has it and is runningoff
Tony had just returned from drop ping son Jake,13, at school when he let Princess out into the garden of the family home in Poole, Dorset.He and his other children India, five, and Thor, four, were stunned when the fox bolted out of long grass. Tony said: "We heard a yelp and Princess was gone. I chased the fox into a neighbour's garden and managed to grab Princess by the legs. The fox finally let go, but Princess was lifeless. The kids are heartbroken."
The dog is called princess, the kids are called India and Thor? Says it all

princess101.gifmap_india1.jpgthor.jpg

The fox had been visiting Tony's garden for weeks, although 6lb 7oz Princess bravely chased it out the first few times. He said: "She was a brave little thing - she just didn't really realise how small she was."
You have seen a fox for weeks, and you have let a dog have a go at it a few times. Are you nuts?
And foxes are branching out into tree climbing. Ken Thompson saw one "the size of an alsatian" perched on a branch in his garden at St Albans, Herts.Ken, 71, said: "It scanned the area then wriggled down like a snake." His wife Dot is now too scared to leave the back doors open. Ken said: Foxes are becoming a menace. They seem fearless."
Not branching out its doing what they do, using it as a lookout. They seem fearless because they have no enemy, you feed them and you leave tiny dogs (and cats) lying around to be eaten.

All townies should be issued with a shotguns and a licence, that would sort the problem out, although it would be more efficient to hunt them out and find where the foxes are living with a pack of dogs?

There's soemthing about this story that doesn't quite add up.

I see no mention of how much the house is worth.

Isn't it strange how these fox-attack stories have suddenly become common now that the pro-hunting blood-lusting Tories are running the shop? Seems remarkably convenient.

If we didn't breed dogs to be such a stupidly small size this would not happen.

Fox's fault ? No

Dogs fault ? No

People's fault ? YES.

End of story.

Isn't it strange how these fox-attack stories have suddenly become common now that the pro-hunting blood-lusting Tories are running the shop? Seems remarkably convenient.

Now that you mention it, this is quite an interesting coincidence (if coincidence it is).

Guest X-QUORK

But is this part of the FoxAttack® franchise, and who is to blame? Must be some crappy parents somewhere.

We heard a yelp and Princess was gone...

This story makes me think "Poor Princess" and laugh at the same time.

But is this part of the FoxAttack® franchise, and who is to blame? Must be some crappy parents somewhere.

Why 'blame' anyone*?

The Fox is an animal. It does shit animals do, like protect itself, look for easy food sources. Every now and again animals hurt people and their pets. So do mushrooms. So do trees. So does sunlight.

Let's just fvcking nuke the planet - destroying all life is the only way we can be sure NOTHING can harm us.

* I realise you are just havin' a laugh

All townies should be issued with a shotguns and a licence, that would sort the problem out, although it would be more efficient to hunt them out and find where the foxes are living with a pack of dogs?

A sensible reaction to letting foxbait run around in the garden and being shocked when said bait gets taken.

Guest X-QUORK

Why 'blame' anyone*?

* I realise you are just havin' a laugh

Then why the rant you fecking tool?*

* Just kidding. ;)

He and his other children India, five, and Thor, four

I'm sorry to say that I actually guffawed out loud when I saw that. I guess they won't be calling the next daughter "Vixen".

Guest X-QUORK

Aha: conspiracy theory. I didn't take the Conservative factor into account though.

Yes, I can just see Theresa May hiding in the bushes with a rabid fox, waiting to unleash hell on unsuspecting handbag dogs.

I guess the parents ran out of inspiration when they got to "Jake". Count yourself lucky, Jake. If you were born a girl, it's likely that you would be known as "Princess".

Perhaps he should count himself lucky anyway -- they could've named him Austin Princess.

Guest X-QUORK

Perhaps he should count himself lucky anyway -- they could've named him Austin Princess.

Or Austin "Princess" Powers.

Guest portwinestain

How much is their house worth?

money-graphics-2007_876640a.jpg

A lot less now?

BOOM BOOM

Yet even this story actually concerns a dog defending itself against an attack from a domestic dog. The argument that urban people should be given guns to shoot domestic dogs still seems stronger that the fox hunting argument.

This year's silly season story was decided some time ago. Gotta have something to keep the sheep outraged/terrified (delete as appropriate) enough to carry on buying the "news" papers over the quiet summer months.