House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pedroscot

An Idea Of Edin Flat Value?

So just before do more research and stuff, my tenant of many years has just given notice to leave and I wondered if it was worth putting my flat on the market.

It is one bedroom, gas central heating, shower room, top flat in a tenement... in EH16 possibly dangerously near Craigmillar but still a nice wee streetof tenements,and near the Royal Infirmary and Duddingston I guess.

I'd appreciate any advice on this! Thanks.

So just before do more research and stuff, my tenant of many years has just given notice to leave and I wondered if it was worth putting my flat on the market.

It is one bedroom, gas central heating, shower room, top flat in a tenement... in EH16 possibly dangerously near Craigmillar but still a nice wee streetof tenements,and near the Royal Infirmary and Duddingston I guess.

No idea on that particular part of town but a friend of mine has had a flat in Central(ish) town on the market for about 6 months, she has (I think) three viewings with not a sniff of an offer in sight. She asked the agent about dropping the price but they were not very keen and just came around and took new photos. In the three weeks since she has had no viewings - she seemed a bit offended when I commented on how much I hated those 'fish eye' lenses which only serve to make flats seem even smaller if you ever go to view them.

So personally speaking you may need to be priced 'competatively' to secure a sale.

No idea on that particular part of town but a friend of mine has had a flat in Central(ish) town on the market for about 6 months, she has (I think) three viewings with not a sniff of an offer in sight. She asked the agent about dropping the price but they were not very keen and just came around and took new photos. In the three weeks since she has had no viewings - she seemed a bit offended when I commented on how much I hated those 'fish eye' lenses which only serve to make flats seem even smaller if you ever go to view them.

So personally speaking you may need to be priced 'competatively' to secure a sale.

What price does she have it up for ?

Pedroscot. I have been keeping an eye on Gorgie for ages now. Different area I know but prime FTB location. One bedders that sell there are like Hens teeth. One recently has been testing the bottom at oo 75k. On for a week or so and not gone. Even a year ago I reckon that would have been gone in a week.

Anyone selling a one bed tenement in Edinburgh (Not in a very nice area New Town/Morningside etc..) is kidding themselves at anything over 100k IMO. The days of these flats going for 110k plus is long gone. The majority seem to be priced around 95-110k these days. Very few selling at these prices.

If you want a quick sale FP of 80-85k would probably do it. Depending on condition etc.

What price does she have it up for ?

Pedroscot. I have been keeping an eye on Gorgie for ages now. Different area I know but prime FTB location. One bedders that sell there are like Hens teeth. One recently has been testing the bottom at oo 75k. On for a week or so and not gone. Even a year ago I reckon that would have been gone in a week.

Anyone selling a one bed tenement in Edinburgh (Not in a very nice area New Town/Morningside etc..) is kidding themselves at anything over 100k IMO. The days of these flats going for 110k plus is long gone. The majority seem to be priced around 95-110k these days. Very few selling at these prices.

If you want a quick sale FP of 80-85k would probably do it. Depending on condition etc.

It is on at a fixed price at the lower end of the range you are suggesting and in your chosen favourite area. There is next to no interest in the place. It is a nice flat but in a pretty awful stairwell as has been commented on by at at least two of the three people I know have viewed it but i guess that is the problem in that part of town.

It is on at a fixed price at the lower end of the range you are suggesting and in your chosen favourite area. There is next to no interest in the place. It is a nice flat but in a pretty awful stairwell as has been commented on by at at least two of the three people I know have viewed it but i guess that is the problem in that part of town.

Cheers just wondering.

Yep I have heard a lot of the 'misplaced' people from the knocked down flats in dodgy areas of town have been rehoused in Gorgie. Probably going on in a lot of other places too.

Tollcross as well these days just seems full of dodgy characters. Well more than usual anyway.

Not going to help if you are trying to sell a small flat for about 100k.

So 3 viewings in over 6 months...:o And this is in the great & famous Edinburgh Spring bounce period.

Just think of those trying to sell their one bedder for the upper end of the fixed price range - they simply will not sell. End of story.

The chat from the EA sponsored media is just bull isn't it ? The market is ******ed - it is so obvious.

The sooner they admit this the better. I seem to have been saying this for about 3 years no. Getting boring !!

Based on the extreme seasonality of the Edinburgh property year, you have missed your best chance to sell this year. I think there was a windw this spring where a reasonably priced property would have gone quickly, but nothing sells in Edinburgh during the summer. There is a small pick up in the autumn, but I think your best bet is to rent it out for festival and then get a 6 month tenant in and have a go at selling it next spring. i.e. put it on the market in January.

SelfDoIt

Put Edinburgh into this (noting that land registry is about 3 months behind sales) and you'll see what I mean about the calendar

http://www.myhouseprice.com/marketanalysis/AnalysisCharts.cfm

Edited by SelfDoIt

Look up zoopla, ourproperty, nethouseprice etc and see what similar flats in your street and surrounding area have actually SOLD for in recent times.