House Price Crash Forum
Guest_FaFa!_*

Ftse Up 1.5%

Its because the ECB are confident that the EU banks will pass the "stress test" with flying colours. And we can trust the Bankers can't we. :ph34r:

Most of it is the BP movement (up 4%) because of the Libyan comment.

Edited by Frank Hovis

It'll be the leaked data on the HPI figures for last month. All ******** of course.

It's almost as though this volatility is being engineered.

Market is full of traders now - hardly any investment, even the funds have been pulling out money and so have the execs.

Market is full of traders now - hardly any investment, even the funds have been pulling out money and so have the execs.

Anyone with any sense has.

Anyone remember the TV series Hitch Hikers guide to the universe...when they send all the useless people off in a space ship.... :lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Anyone remember the TV series Hitch Hikers guide to the universe...when they send all the useless people off in a space ship.... :lol:

That spaceship wasn't called "Earth" was it? :ph34r:

Long term is even worse - pensions are being cut right left and centre, so the big trickle of money going into the market will dry up - especially when the boomers try and cash up their pensions.

That leaves the market reliant on foreign investment. Fine, except they will have to take the currency risk as well. Much better opportunites long term elsewhere.

FTSE 100 4901.21+1.61%

LONDON (
Reuters
) - Strength in
banks
and
commodity stocks
pulled Britain's top share index higher on Tuesday morning (NASDAQ: TUES - news) with sentiment helped by a recovery in Asian equities, though trade was thin with Wall Street closed on Monday.

Its the sort of news that would cause me to hit the sell button but there you go, we live is a funny old world of illusions, delusions and mad hatter tea parties.

Edit:

FTSE 100 4905.38+1.70%

Edited by Realistbear

Its the sort of news that would cause me to hit the sell button but there you go, we live is a funny old world of illusions, delusions and mad hatter tea parties.

I'm just joshing with you my friend ;)

If I played the FTSE100 (which I don't) my system would have signalled sell repeatedly over the last few months

It was the 'galaxy' (pedant mode off). From the planet Golgafrinchan:

"Golgafrinchan Telephone Sanitisers, Management Consultants and Marketing executives were persuaded that the planet was under threat from an enormous mutant star goat." :D

Briliant. If I remember Peter Jones right, it was that after travelling light years to a new planet, the best thing you could have would be a nice haircut.

FTSE now up 1.73%

Edited by deflation

the stock market is in utter confusion. there are no reasons for the HUGE swings. up down flying around. no one seems to have a clue. its absolutely random.

Barclays is the top riser , all the rest are mining companies.

You can make more money day trading Xstrata ,Kazakhmys and Antofagasta than you can leaving your money in the bank for a full year. I've done very well out of it , long may it continue. I've sunk the profits in to good dividend paying stocks and am gradually building up a nice steady income stream.

Up 2.2% now.

What a relief.

Everything must be OK now.

Those City boys are paid vast amounts of money. They really know what's going on.

What's the DOW futures today? is it looking like a big rise? I don't suppose the FTSE has grown big balls overnight so assume it's related to the DOW opening price?

What's the DOW futures today? is it looking like a big rise? I don't suppose the FTSE has grown big balls overnight so assume it's related to the DOW opening price?

Let's go Bargain Hunting!

20070808_dave-dickinson.jpg

Barclays is the top riser , all the rest are mining companies.

You can make more money day trading Xstrata ,Kazakhmys and Antofagasta than you can leaving your money in the bank for a full year. I've done very well out of it , long may it continue. I've sunk the profits in to good dividend paying stocks and am gradually building up a nice steady income stream.

it be careful of that myself. it just doesnt look right. (well it looks right but the approach seems wrong).

He seems to have lost some of his tan. Is the recession hitting his ability to afford the sun bed?

You don't need a sun bed up North. The Humber Estuary is like the Copacabana this summer.

it be careful of that myself. it just doesnt look right. (well it looks right but the approach seems wrong).

When i can't afford to lose the lot i'll pack it in but the daft thing about it all is that i enjoy doing it. I'm mortgage free , no debt , savings tucked away and a job with as much overtime as i want. Its the only risk i take and i'm well up on it.