House Price Crash Forum

Gordon Brown Is Entitled To Stay In Scotland

HOLA441

Lets all feel sorry for Gordon...

"Same media pack who brayed for his blood now demand his return to Westminster.

I for one was a bit bemused by Gordon Brown's decision not to quit his parliamentary seat of Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath at the same time as he stood down as prime minister. Standing outside Labour headquarters as he spoke to staff that rainy night in May, there were a number of rumours going around, including an apparently well-founded one that he would, indeed, be "doing a Tony Blair" and leaving Westminster as well as Downing Street. It would have made sense, as is proved by his reluctance to spend much time in the capital and instead spend time regrouping in his constituency.

Nonetheless, the reaction of the media to his decision to keep a low profile, and now to withdraw his sons from their London schools and send them to Scotland, is a bit strange. This is the same media pack who did so much to attack him when he was around.

Yes, Brown should probably reconsider his decision to stay as an MP. But either way, surely he is entitled to a bit of peace."

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/public-accounts/2010/07/160-media-westminster-brown

Read the comments...Lol

Another James

05 July 2010 at 22:30

The only time I want to see Gordon Brown back in London is to answer charges of high treason for his role in killing this country.

Until then, stay in your constituency, and repent. You were the most awful Prime Minister this country has ever had, you are mendacious, bigoted, charmless, blinkered, luckless, parasitic, and scheming. I sincerely wish that you had never entered politics. Future histories will be brutally honest - so do not bother about any legacy. You have left this country an utter wreck.

Nash

05 July 2010 at 23:57

Why doesn't the Tax Payer Alliance or some similar body prosecute him for fraud!

At the very least any royalties or advance he receives for his memoirs should be handed over to the National Exchequer since the country is paying him for his time in writing those memoirs.

Major Plonquer

06 July 2010 at 00:57

The truth is that Gordon Brown is indeed very busy. Now that he's saved the world he's busy scouting the galaxy for other worlds in need of his almighty attention. He's currently focussed on the Planet Zanti in the Andromeda nebula.

The other rumour I've hear is that Gordon and Al Gore will together open a new institution to teach people how to accurately present statistics.

Resign Now

06 July 2010 at 02:12

The man is an abject failure.

That he held the reins of power by virtue of there being nobody else better speaks volumes of Labour, New or old.

Jethro Q.Walrus Ititty

06 July 2010 at 02:56

Hang the *******-he deserves no less.

HOLA442

Archived